ADVERTISEMENT

WVSPORTS.COM DeVries on each of his players

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007
Eduardo Andre - the biggest thing right now is he gives us some length, some rim protection, has the ability to run the floor and that’s something we desperately need. He’s by far our tallest guy on our roster. His ability to get us some of that rim protection is something i hope he’s going to be able to give us.

Tucker DeVries - his rehab is coming along great he’s doing everything five on 0, workouts wise, skill stuff, just isn’t able to do any of the contact stuff yet. We’re hoping about the middle of July mid to late July that he will be fully cleared. And maybe get a week or two in before we break for the summer to get a feel for the players. I would think so right now, but we’re not going to push it if he’s not ready.

Sincere Harris - what i like about him is he can really defend. He has the ability to get in the paint on the offensive end, he’s great in the open floor. I like his energy that he brings in practice. But mostly he can be one of those guys that if we say go disrupt the ball he can do that for us.

Ofri Naveh - he just got back a few days ago. He was back home playing with his national team. Another guy we’re excited to have has good size and good feel for the game.

Jonathan Powell - I’ve really liked him for a freshman he has really good strength, he’s really filled out. I like his ability to be assertive on the offensive end, he’s confident shooting the basketball does have great length and size and i think he’s somebody that’s going to continue to get better and better.

Javon Small - yeah he’s pretty impressive and he’s not one of those guys that wows as the fastest guy on the floor but he has such a great understanding of how to play. His vision, his ability to put people in ball screens and make the right reads but also use those bursts of speed when he needs to and I think our fans are really going to enjoy watching him play.

Jayden Stone - really liked him too. He came off a 24-hour trip and he was in the gym that night. I’m excited about him there’s a lot of upside there for him. He averaged 21 points per game last year, he doesn’t want to score at that high of a level. He has great athleticism, he can shoot the three, he can play off the bounce.

Toby Okani - he’s very versatile. Great size and athleticism, almost 6-foot-8, has really worked really hard at shooting the ball too. Thats was probably an area we wanted him to improve on he’s done a good job with that. Someone that can guard one through five so i love that piece of it. He can go up on the glass and go get it. Was one of the best defenders in our league last year. He also scored 30 on us in a game that was someone i liked him.

Amani Hansberry - right now he's playing the undersized five for us and again when you have an undersized five you need him to do something else to offset if you’re not 7-foot what can you do?. He’s worked extremely hard at becoming a stretch five as well as taking some advantage of some things down in the post. I love the way he’s shooting the ball right now he has a great feel for the game and the way we run offense as a passer and screener. I’m excited to see what he can continue to do as our confidence grows.

Kj Tenner - maybe been our biggest surprise. He’s been terrific. He was someone that came in and you wondered how long it would take him to adjust especially at that point guard position, but he’s been terrific, he brings great energy and always has a smile on his face. Great feel for a point guard and that’s something that’s hard to teach he has it. There’s a lot of things instinctually he does that I’m excited about. I could definitely see him playing some minutes.

Joseph Yesufu - there’s some familiarity there with him and us, i wish he was healthy right now but he’s not. His experience in knowing the system and things will help him quicker. He’s looking at more of a fall timeline where he come back. Another guy that’s been around a long time understands our system and our expectations. Has the ability to be a dynamic playmaker.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News