ADVERTISEMENT

WVU Release DeVries’ 26 Points Leads WVU to Wrap Up Undefeated Italy Tour

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007
ROME, Italy – Tucker DeVries had 26 points as the West Virginia University men's basketball team closed out its summer tour of Italy with a 107-53 victory over Stella#EBK in Rome on Thursday.

DeVries scored the first seven points of the game for WVU and was 5-of-7 from 3-point range for the contest. He also added five rebounds, four assists and four steals. His game-high 26 points all came in the first half.

WVU jumped out to a 57-31 halftime lead on 10-of-22 shooting from 3-point range. WVU led 76-40 after three quarters. The Mountaineers shot 51.3% percent from the field and finished with 18 3-point field goals made. WVU had 26 assists on 40 field goals to go with 19 steals and 54 rebounds, 18 on the offensive glass.

Jonathan Powell connected on four 3-point field goals and finished with 16 points. Jayden Stone finished with 15 points, while Javon Small had 12 points, four rebounds, four assists and two steals. Jake Auer had 11 points, four assists and two steals, while Sencire Harris had nine points to go with six rebounds. Toby Okani had seven points with seven rebounds, and Ofri Naveh also added seven points. Amani Hansberry had four points for the Mountaineers.

"I thought we played pretty well tonight," said coach Darian DeVries. "We had a tour today so I was a little worried where our legs were at. I thought our mindset again was great. I thought offensively it was one of our better nights."

West Virginia will depart from Italy on Saturday. The Mountaineers will be on break until the fall semester starts on August 21.

"This whole trip has been a valuable experience," added DeVries. "We've been able to apply what we have been doing for the past eight weeks and seeing it against somebody else in another uniform. This has been a great trip, just an awesome experience all the way around."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News