ADVERTISEMENT

Dem spending spree projected to hurt Manchin's own state hard

30CAT

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Williamstown, WV
I wonder how much leftists paid for traitor Joe's vote?

Leftists are destroying our country

LINK: Manchin-Schumer spending bill estimated to hurt coal workers the most

A deal reached last week by Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., and Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., after months of party in-fighting will reportedly hurt coal workers the most.

The Inflation Reduction Act, a slimmed down version of Pedo-Joe’s Build Back Better (BBB) Act, will cost an estimated $433 billion, most of which will be invested in climate provisions, while increasing tax revenue by $739 billion. The bill will require large corporations to pay at least 15% in taxes, which is projected to raise tax revenue by $313 billion, as well as boost IRS enforcement, estimated to raise tax revenue by another $124 billion, and it will close the carried interest loophole, estimated to raise $14 billion.

Manchin’s agreement to the deal ended a months-long stalemate on Pedo-Joe's multi-trillion dollar BBB Act, which Manchin repeatedly blasted as exorbitant and inflationary.

"If I can’t go back home and explain it, I can’t vote for it," Manchin said in December.

On Sunday, Manchin insisted the new bill "does not raise taxes" – a claim that Republicans strongly dispute.

And Manchin is going to have to explain to the people of West Virginia, the second-largest coal producer in the nation, why he ended up supporting a bill that will hit them the hardest, according to a study by the Tax Foundation.

The 15% corporate alternative minimum tax, which is applied to the financial statement income that companies report to their investors, will impose a net tax hike of 7.2% on the coal industry’s pretax book income, which is higher than any other industry, the Tax Foundation report said. The second-hardest hit by the tax, according to the study, is in automobile and truck manufacturing, which faces a 5.1 percent tax hike.

"These industries are especially heavily impacted because they are at the intersection of the different book-tax gaps targeted by the book minimum tax: permanent discrepancies between the two measures from firms paying low taxes (the intended target); temporary timing differences between financial and taxable income; deliberate tax incentives created by Congress (e.g., bonus depreciation); and special items that show up in one income definition but not the other, such as amortizing investment in spectrum…" the study said.

Moreover, Section 13901 of the new bill strikes a subsection of the U.S. tax code that reduces the tax on coal production, meaning the rate of tax on coal from underground mines will increase from $0.50 to $1.10, and the rate of tax on coal from surface mines will increase from $0.25 to $0.55.

Rep. Alex Mooney, R-W.Va., slammed Manchin for supporting the bill in an op-ed Sunday, saying he is "betraying" West Virginians by hurting coal workers with more "reckless spending."

"Sen. Manchin is raising taxes on West Virginia’s coal mining industry and providing subsides to liberals in deep blue states to drive electric vehicles," Mooney wrote. "These dramatic tax increases will threaten the entire coal industry and the thousands of West Virginia jobs and communities it supports."

The Wall Street Journal editorial board also tore into the bill on Sunday, saying it should be renamed the "Business Investment Reduction and Distortion Act."

"Start with the 15% minimum tax on corporate book income over $1 billion, which Democrats claim will raise $313 billion through 2031," the board wrote. "This new alternative minimum tax will slam businesses whose taxable income is lower than the profits on their financial statements owing to the likes of investment expensing, tax credits and business deductions."

"Many companies pay less than the 21% corporate tax rate because they can expense investments under the tax code up-front," the board continued. "Hence, the new tax will increase the cost of business investment and—irony alert—the Tax Foundation forecasts the coal industry would be hardest hit. Yet green-energy tax credits would be exempt from the new tax."

Manchin’s office did not immediately respond to request for comment.

Joe is smart. Smarter than you think. He’s playing this game to a whole ‘nother ($$$$$) level.
What’s important to remember is that his values have not changed. Remember the deal with his daughter – Mylan pharmaceuticals - fraudulent MBA at WVU - outrageous profits over patient care with the epi-pens etc. as one reference. You think she did that all on her own?

Reactions: roadtrasheer
Joe is smart. Smarter than you think. He’s playing this game to a whole ‘nother ($$$$$) level.
What’s important to remember is that his values have not changed. Remember the deal with his daughter – Mylan pharmaceuticals - fraudulent MBA at WVU - outrageous profits over patient care with the epi-pens etc. as one reference. You think she did that all on her own?
Well his wife was head of the state BOE and they wrote the order for schools to purchase epi pens statewide. Doubt it was coincidental.

I wonder how much leftists paid for traitor Joe's vote?

Leftists are destroying our country

LINK: Manchin-Schumer spending bill estimated to hurt coal workers the most

A deal reached last week by Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., and Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., after months of party in-fighting will reportedly hurt coal workers the most.

The Inflation Reduction Act, a slimmed down version of Pedo-Joe’s Build Back Better (BBB) Act, will cost an estimated $433 billion, most of which will be invested in climate provisions, while increasing tax revenue by $739 billion. The bill will require large corporations to pay at least 15% in taxes, which is projected to raise tax revenue by $313 billion, as well as boost IRS enforcement, estimated to raise tax revenue by another $124 billion, and it will close the carried interest loophole, estimated to raise $14 billion.

Manchin’s agreement to the deal ended a months-long stalemate on Pedo-Joe's multi-trillion dollar BBB Act, which Manchin repeatedly blasted as exorbitant and inflationary.

"If I can’t go back home and explain it, I can’t vote for it," Manchin said in December.

On Sunday, Manchin insisted the new bill "does not raise taxes" – a claim that Republicans strongly dispute.

And Manchin is going to have to explain to the people of West Virginia, the second-largest coal producer in the nation, why he ended up supporting a bill that will hit them the hardest, according to a study by the Tax Foundation.

The 15% corporate alternative minimum tax, which is applied to the financial statement income that companies report to their investors, will impose a net tax hike of 7.2% on the coal industry’s pretax book income, which is higher than any other industry, the Tax Foundation report said. The second-hardest hit by the tax, according to the study, is in automobile and truck manufacturing, which faces a 5.1 percent tax hike.

"These industries are especially heavily impacted because they are at the intersection of the different book-tax gaps targeted by the book minimum tax: permanent discrepancies between the two measures from firms paying low taxes (the intended target); temporary timing differences between financial and taxable income; deliberate tax incentives created by Congress (e.g., bonus depreciation); and special items that show up in one income definition but not the other, such as amortizing investment in spectrum…" the study said.

Moreover, Section 13901 of the new bill strikes a subsection of the U.S. tax code that reduces the tax on coal production, meaning the rate of tax on coal from underground mines will increase from $0.50 to $1.10, and the rate of tax on coal from surface mines will increase from $0.25 to $0.55.

Rep. Alex Mooney, R-W.Va., slammed Manchin for supporting the bill in an op-ed Sunday, saying he is "betraying" West Virginians by hurting coal workers with more "reckless spending."

"Sen. Manchin is raising taxes on West Virginia’s coal mining industry and providing subsides to liberals in deep blue states to drive electric vehicles," Mooney wrote. "These dramatic tax increases will threaten the entire coal industry and the thousands of West Virginia jobs and communities it supports."

The Wall Street Journal editorial board also tore into the bill on Sunday, saying it should be renamed the "Business Investment Reduction and Distortion Act."

"Start with the 15% minimum tax on corporate book income over $1 billion, which Democrats claim will raise $313 billion through 2031," the board wrote. "This new alternative minimum tax will slam businesses whose taxable income is lower than the profits on their financial statements owing to the likes of investment expensing, tax credits and business deductions."

"Many companies pay less than the 21% corporate tax rate because they can expense investments under the tax code up-front," the board continued. "Hence, the new tax will increase the cost of business investment and—irony alert—the Tax Foundation forecasts the coal industry would be hardest hit. Yet green-energy tax credits would be exempt from the new tax."

Manchin’s office did not immediately respond to request for comment.
I think WV should diversify into newer technologies than coal...like pay phones and DVDs.

I think WV should diversify into newer technologies than coal...like pay phones and DVDs.

Good one. 🙄

You do know, oh "wise" one, there would be next to no "electric cars" on the road without the 2nd most producer of coal, right?

That's assuming you know who the 2nd most producer of coal is...

I think NYC residents should go back to grade school and learn again, that males can't have babies and elephants aren't human.

Good one. 🙄

You do know, oh "wise" one, there would be next to no "electric cars" on the road without the 2nd most producer of coal, right?

That's assuming you know who the 2nd most producer of coal is...

I think NYC residents should go back to grade school and learn again, that males can't have babies and elephants aren't human.
If they went back to grade school in today's world, they'd learn that males CAN have babies, elephants ARE human, whitey deserves to die, and cow farts are destroying the planet, among a plethora of other lies and deception.

cbef39dc1b483dd4.jpeg

U.S. Senator Joe Manchin has, “secured a commitment,” from President Joe Biden, Leader Chuck Schumer and Speaker Nancy Pelosi to allow the Mountain Valley Pipeline (MVP) to be completed.

U.S. Senator Joe Manchin has, “secured a commitment,” from President Joe Biden, Leader Chuck Schumer and Speaker Nancy Pelosi to allow the Mountain Valley Pipeline (MVP) to be completed.
Of course a lot of the leases have or will expire before they can be drilled so this whole thing got a lot more expensive for the end user. You.

The pipeline is 94% complete. Why in the world would he have to give away the house to grant completion for something that would have been completed after Nov?

The pipeline is 94% complete. Why in the world would he have to give away the house to grant completion for something that would have been completed after Nov?
The unfinished portion of the pipeline has permitting issues. I thought it was tied up in court so if thar is the case I am not sure what Biden could do but I will just wait and see.

The unfinished portion of the pipeline has permitting issues. I thought it was tied up in court so if thar is the case I am not sure what Biden could do but I will just wait and see.
That's my point...whatever happened to separation of powers? So the hold up was not environmental, it was political and we are paying the price for higher energy costs. I guess the good side of this is that my royalty checks are getting larger every month due to the increase in prices.

That's my point...whatever happened to separation of powers? So the hold up was not environmental, it was political and we are paying the price for higher energy costs. I guess the good side of this is that my royalty checks are getting larger every month due to the increase in prices.
There are two significant pipelines from WV to the south via Virginia. There is the MVP pipeline referenced here and the Atlantic Coast Pipeline. Not sure the status of both but both have been attacked politically and legally by the friends of Saudi Arabia.

There are two significant pipelines from WV to the south via Virginia. There is the MVP pipeline referenced here and the Atlantic Coast Pipeline. Not sure the status of both but both have been attacked politically and legally by the friends of Saudi Arabia.
I was on both of them at different times. The greenies shut us down every chance they could for any reason. One cell amebia type shit

Maybe WV can start producing transistor radios…like the one you have duct taped to the dashboard of your 2003 Pontiac. I’m assuming the original radio in that piece of shit doesn’t work any more. Just a guess.
Maybe the US can stop importing your rubber dildos from China and get back to America first?

• Haha
Reactions: 30CAT
Maybe WV can start producing transistor radios…like the one you have duct taped to the dashboard of your 2003 Pontiac. I’m assuming the original radio in that piece of shit doesn’t work any more. Just a guess.

my 2008 Pontaint GT Grand Prix w/ a V8 motor gets 32.6mpg of gas in 87 ethanol. So it runs better than any electric rubber penis your pedo electors are pushing on the common man.

my 2008 Pontaint GT Grand Prix w/ a V8 motor gets 32.6mpg of gas in 87 ethanol. So it runs better than any electric rubber penis your pedo electors are pushing on the common man.
LOL. Oh wait…you’re serious? You’re common for sure.

Hopefully I get called back on that job .
I left the job I was working on that stuff back in 2019. We were upgrading roads for all the equipment to get to the pipeline laydown yards and to the access roads. We were working on roads in doddridge, Taylor and down around weston and on the other pipeline we were doing the same over in VA. Near blacksburg.

I left the job I was working on that stuff back in 2019. We were upgrading roads for all the equipment to get to the pipeline laydown yards and to the access roads. We were working on roads in doddridge, Taylor and down around weston and on the other pipeline we were doing the same over in VA. Near blacksburg.
My lay down yard was in st Mary's off rt 2 . Been in NJ since I left that job . Seriously doubt I get back on either one of those jobs .

So you use Trumper fallacies (all Dems are gay pedos), and I use facts you post online yourself. Fat, poor, shitty job. Lives with parents and drives 2006 Pontiac. You must get all the ladies.
At least he can get them over age.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT