ADVERTISEMENT

David Sills returns!

Gives a new meaning to "Once a Mountaineer, Always a Mountaineer!"

Welcome back home, David! This is great news indeed!

I liked his role as a WR, but I'm thinking maybe he could get some time at QB in the event that Will Grier isn't cleared til the middle of the season. Either way I'm glad he's back with us.

yuge news for WVU! Kid looked like a natural last year for someone who never played WR before. Has crazy potential especially since his only focus now will be at WR. Has good size, speed, hands, and he was a solid blocker. I'll never forget his Game winning catch vs ASU in Cactus Bowl.

Thats great news. Nice to see a kid able to adapt to change and opportunity. He could be a VERY good receiver.

OK, I knew he transferred. But where did he go? And will he be eligible next year?

He went to a JC in Delaware I believe. El Camino CC? And yes, eligible right away.

I am not sure I can remember something like this happening before. It's a cool story all around. Both that he wanted to come back and that Dana left the door open for his return.

I liked his role as a WR, but I'm thinking maybe he could get some time at QB in the event that Will Grier isn't cleared til the middle of the season. Either way I'm glad he's back with us.
Doubtful. He had barely over 50% completion rate at El Camino. But he's a super wide receiver. Never have enough of those.

I suspect David realized that major gap in quality between WVU and El Camino. We all need bumps in the road to get smarter. I sure had my share of those.

M anhandled Missouri, 26-11

O rdinary against Youngstown, 38-21

U nnerving miracle goalline tip/interception escapes BYU, 35-32

N o quit against Kansas State, 17-16

T ony’s turbulence tore up Texas Tech, 48-17

A nother defense whipping, of TCU, 34-10

I gnominy of turnovers against Oklahoma State, 20-37

N o problem decimating Kansas, 48-21

E xcellent, timely defense AGAIN; beat Texas, 24-20

E rectile dysfunctioned against Oklahoma, 56-28

R ebounded big time on offense and defense at Iowa State, 49-19

S aved again by the defense against Baylor, 24-21

Welcome home! Great to pick-up a talented receiver who already knows and is comfortable with the system. Nice that Dana left the door open. I think Sills will be a significant contributor during the rest of his career as a mountaineer.

Great for WVU & a young man who will forever be a Mountaineer family member,as long as he lives..Welcome home son !!!

Mutually beneficial. WVU is likely the only school he would be able to get significant playing time in 2017 since he knows our system. He will still have a lot of basic WR stuff to learn (blocking, route running) that won't be further clouded from learning his third playbook in 3 years.

WVU gets someone who knows the system very well from both a QB and WR position and will be a great deep threat if Gibson leaves.

That will also allow them to RS Maiden from California. He looks a little raw, but talented. We will have some loses after 2017 (esp White). Having a Sills, Maiden, Simms, Smothers WR set would look good in 2018 where only Sills would be gone after that season.

I believe Dana once said that he had told Sills that he could have a future of playing on Sundays at the WR position.

It's great to see that neither Sills or Dana and company burned any bridges.

Reactions: old buzzard
I believe Dana once said that he had told Sills that he could have a future of playing on Sundays at the WR position.

It's great to see that neither Sills or Dana and company burned any bridges.

I think Sills needed to do what he did. He knew he had a high ceiling at WR, but wanted to give QB one last chance. He did and was OK, but not NFL material. He knows that if anyone can make him an NFL WR...it's Dana and Carrier. Carrier seems to really be detail oriented, which is huge at the next level.

If Gibson were to come back, I would love to see both Maiden and Sills get a RS. Why rush it?

Reactions: Monroeer
I think Sills needed to do what he did. He knew he had a high ceiling at WR, but wanted to give QB one last chance. He did and was OK, but not NFL material. He knows that if anyone can make him an NFL WR...it's Dana and Carrier. Carrier seems to really be detail oriented, which is huge at the next level.

If Gibson were to come back, I would love to see both Maiden and Sills get a RS. Why rush it?

Why would Gibson leave?

Having a long athletic team player with a quarterback's point of view running down field is always good. Crest on defense has the same quality, as well as, Trevon Wesco and Jacquez Adams. All were quarterbacks previously.

I look for Gibson to stay for his Sr year. Grier is that good and Gibson is probably better with a accurate QB and better routes. He has the speed and can track a deep ball. Work on the routes and passes thrown at him and he could elevate his draft round.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT