ADVERTISEMENT

David Long nation's best against the run

That guy is as good as any tackler I've seen in all my years of watching WVU football. He has a motor that's unreal and a nose for the ball. He's always there.

Reactions: eer guy
His 11 tackles for a loss are impressive.
But....They only account for 20% of his tackles.
With better DL play that number should be around 33%.
Most of his tackles are after gains.

I wonder if he comes back for senior year. He is short and had injury problems so he won’t get picked high. He may need to come back for senior year and stay healthy. Continue to improve. He has a chance. Good LB. With him back next years defense should be outstanding.

Possibly won't get drafted but will get signed by somebody. More than likely will not play LB but a safety according to NFL analyst.

Possibly won't get drafted but will get signed by somebody. More than likely will not play LB but a safety according to NFL analyst.
I think he’ll get drafted. I truly do. 5th round or later. And I do agree he won’t be a linebacker.

Maybe he should return to WVU and switch to one of our 3 safety spots. It would greatly benefit him as a senior. He could slim down for speed and quickness. With rising Shea Cambell, Tonkery, Benton, Alabama transfer, Ferns, Chandler......we have enough LBs for next year to allow him to make the switch.

Kenny Robinson, Long, Pitts would be dynamic safety group next year. Pitts could also switch with Norwood and start at corner. Both can play both positions. Or start Deamonte Lindsey at safety and Norwood, Pitts at corner.

Point is that Long could make the switch and return to WVU for senior year.

I think he will be here next year. I was saying he will get drafted when he graduates and after his senior year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT