ADVERTISEMENT

Danny was right: " we're comin' back".

That would imply you've beaten someone of consequence. And, according to you, it must be on their floor. So, who have you beaten of consequence? To be back, or 'coming back', please tell me a quality win by the standard you hold WVU to.....

That would imply you've beaten someone of consequence. And, according to you, it must be on their floor. So, who have you beaten of consequence? To be back, or 'coming back', please tell me a quality win by the standard you hold WVU to.....
I think you're distorting what I said about WVU not playing road games until January!

Appears to me, you've played 3 of the Big Boy P5 teams this year. Average margin of victory is a -16 thumping. Yeah, you're coming back to a top 225 RPI basketball school. Please, no Marshall basketball hubris. It's TOTALLY insane.

No doubt about it, Tony. Dan, the man called it. Once he called Huggins to the floor, Huggins tucked tail and baled on the classic.

Herd hoops is definitely coming back, and Dan is the engineer running the locomotive.

Who would have thought? Herd owning the state in football is pretty much a given these days, but now basketball as well? Good times in the land of Herd.

I would expect the bandwagon fans from up North to be wearing green before long.

Appears to me, you've played 3 of the Big Boy P5 teams this year. Average margin of victory is a -16 thumping. Yeah, you're coming back to a top 225 RPI basketball school. Please, no Marshall basketball hubris. It's TOTALLY insane.
Just curious ...can you tell me WVU's record in the calander year 2016?

No doubt about it, Tony. Dan, the man called it. Once he called Huggins to the floor, Huggins tucked tail and baled on the classic.

Herd hoops is definitely coming back, and Dan is the engineer running the locomotive.

Who would have thought? Herd owning the state in football is pretty much a given these days, but now basketball as well? Good times in the land of Herd.

I would expect the bandwagon fans from up North to be wearing green before long.
I must say ,I had a few doubts but I like this team....attendance is starting to swell as Herd fans flock to see this offensive juggernaut play! Fun team to watch!

Not off the top of my head, but I can tell you they are currently ranked 10th in the country with a projected 3 seed in the Dance. Have a Real Time RPI of 10 as well.... Strength of schedule of 25.

Juxtapose please....

A win on Saturday probably puts us in the top 7.... Follow that up with a win on Monday could propel WVU into a top 5 team and a 1/2 seed. But, please continue expounding upon how great Marshall's basketball program is. Did you ever give me your best quality road win?... Hell, I'll accept a good home win, for that matter.

A win on Saturday probably puts us in the top 7.... Follow that up with a win on Monday could propel WVU into a top 5 team and a 1/2 seed. But, please continue expounding upon how great Marshall's basketball program is. Did you ever give me your best quality road win?... Hell, I'll accept a good home win, for that matter.
I have t othink the Mounties have a good shot now that Oklahoma has been exposed.....Let's Gooo Mountainereerrssss!

A win on Saturday probably puts us in the top 7....
I thought I saw where you play Oklahoma on Saturday, so you'll beat them at home. I will say this, if there was ever a year that WVU had a shot at a title, this might be the year. I don't remember a more wide open field. Hell, you probably have 20-25 teams that could potentially cut down the nets. It really comes down to which team gets hot during 6 games in late March/early April. I hate Duke, but now that they have some of their best players back, they'll be tough to deal with.

I thought I saw where you play Oklahoma on Saturday, so you'll beat them at home. I will say this, if there was ever a year that WVU had a shot at a title, this might be the year. I don't remember a more wide open field. Hell, you probably have 20-25 teams that could potentially cut down the nets. It really comes down to which team gets hot during 6 games in late March/early April. I hate Duke, but now that they have some of their best players back, they'll be tough to deal with.
Oklahoma comes into Morgantown reeling...don't know if tha'st good or bad for the Mounties!

Losing on the road to any B12 team other than TCU shouldn't raise eyebrows much. Seems every night B12 teams are playing ranked teams, with half on their home courts, and bullseyes on their backs. 6 of the 10 teams have Final Four coaches..... Not sure which conference is second best, but there's no doubt who is first.

Full retard again. Man do you ever punk yourself. 18 point beat down by a top 10 team and you think there is room to talk smack? Football is only 11-0 verses the turds and would have been a double digit favorite against you last year. Beat someone in the top 50 before you come on here and make a fool of yourself. I certainly understand why they banned you from your own board. You make Marshall look like a bunch of idiots.

Losing on the road to any B12 team other than TCU shouldn't raise eyebrows much. Seems every night B12 teams are playing ranked teams, with half on their home courts, and bullseyes on their backs. 6 of the 10 teams have Final Four coaches..... Not sure which conference is second best, but there's no doubt who is first.
...what about losing at home?

...what about losing at home?
I've answered all of your questions, you've yet to answer any of mine. What's Marshall's best road win, and home win? It's basically be the same answer when asked about quality football wins, that's why the avoidance and answering questions with questions. You have no respectable answers...

Since 2008(all I felt inclined to look through) Marshall is 1-20(.047) against P5 basketball schools(0 tournament appearances).. And, 3-11(.214) against P5 football schools.....That "flagship" gonna need to have a few flags isn't it? Like the real Doc Holliday said in the movie, Tombstone, "Maybe P5's just not your game, Ike. I know, let's have a G5/FCS contest" or, something to that effect.

I've answered all of your questions, you've yet to answer any of mine. What's Marshall's best road win, and home win? It's basically be the same answer when asked about quality football wins, that's why the avoidance and answering questions with questions. You have no respectable answers...

Since 2008(all I felt inclined to look through) Marshall is 1-20(.047) against P5 basketball schools(0 tournament appearances).. And, 3-11(.214) against P5 football schools.....That "flagship" gonna need to have a few flags isn't it? Like the real Doc Holliday said in the movie, Tombstone, "Maybe P5's just not your game, Ike. I know, let's have a G5/FCS contest" or, something to that effect.
They are 1-9 against RPI top 150 teams so far this year. 13-12 is great season in Marshall's eyes I guess.

Without looking at the slate, I would say the best road win was at Old Dominion, and the best home win was against Middle Tennessee State. No decent team will venture into the Cam during the non conference slate, as Gordon Gee has recently acknowledged.

Without looking at the slate, I would say the best road win was at Old Dominion, and the best home win was against Middle Tennessee State. No decent team will venture into the Cam during the non conference slate, as Gordon Gee has recently acknowledged.

Everyone's out to get Marshall... The Man, keepin' us down..... Between Oliver Luck, Bob Huggins, Gordon Gee, Shane Lyons, WV Legislature, and all the other P5 schools, Marshall just doesn't stand a chance. I bet all P5 schools, spearheaded by the brass at WVU and the WV Legislature, get together annually and figure out how to keep Marshall down and financially strapped. Just not fair. Marshall has earned their props... See their records since 2008 against the "haves".......

Everyone's out to get Marshall... The Man, keepin' us down..... Between Oliver Luck, Bob Huggins, Gordon Gee, Shane Lyons, WV Legislature, and all the other P5 schools, Marshall just doesn't stand a chance. I bet all P5 schools, spearheaded by the brass at WVU and the WV Legislature, get together annually and figure out how to keep Marshall down and financially strapped. Just not fair. Marshall has earned their props... See their records since 2008 against the "haves".......
You're actually correct. The P5 schools are indeed attempting to choke the life out of the rest of the D1 schools. Haven't you been following the news for the last few years? Heck, even HOGO went on record of blaming Marshall and our friends at ECU for starving your players.

I didn't ask a question , more like a rhetorical query concerning Oklahoma's skid....does that help or hurt WVU's chances with the Sooners tomorrow?

They play hardball in the big leagues.. Put up, or get run over.... See record since 2008...
giphy.gif

BUIE-MASSIVE-BLOCK_zpsdpnkefer.gif

I'd say no effect. WVU also coming off a loss, but are at home. I think they neutralize one another.
I tend to think it helps WVU...3 weeks ago people around here were telling me how great the Sooners were ....currently nobody is confusing them with Golden State! They are infinitely beatable!

I tend to think it helps WVU...3 weeks ago people around here were telling me how great the Sooners were ....currently nobody is confusing them with Golden State! They are infinitely beatable!
If Hield gets hot(like usual) but has been in a slump....but, if he does, not many can beat them.

If Hield gets hot(like usual) but has been in a slump....but, if he does, not many can beat them.
....hell, you boys had 'em beat out there! Must be 30 teams out there that can beat the Sooners on a given night but conversely I get that on a given night they can return the favor!

bigger fool today than yesterday...and that's saying something

in order to "come back" you have to have been somewhere first......the herd has never been anywhere so this is a misstatement...would you like to clarify?
No response to a great question. They've never won an NCAA tournament game. So coming back from what is a great question

29 long years since they've been there. Skip Henderson stole a car to celebrate their last loss in the Dance. I think they were crushed by TCU in that last trip.

That's been a long time ago, were the shot clock and the three point shot part of the tourney then?

Who was the center Huckabay brought from LSU with him? He ended up homeless, sleeping at Fairfield Stadium. He could have used one of Banker's riverside Moon Units. Ol' Rick knew how to take care of his kids.

The Huckabay years, a mighty era of basketball, overseen by a crook and played by felons.

The Huckabay years, a mighty era of basketball, overseen by a crook and played by felons.
Those that live in glass houses shouldn't cast large stones, particularly when you have a convicted felon suiting up on the current roster.

Ole Skip came from a dirt poor family and drove a brand new, tricked out Monte Carlo with curb feelers, a custom sound system, mag wheels, tinted windows and a personalized "Hen" large script on the back window. Even us dumb college students could figure out what was going on. Does anyone else remember the $100 bills in the warmup suits? [laughing]

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT