ADVERTISEMENT

Dana and Tony are probably two of the best coaches

Certainly looked that way against Texas Tech.

M istakes by special teams + absence of Simms & Long = loss to Virginia Tech, 31-24

O bliterated East Carolina, 56-20

U nhinged Delaware State, 59-16

N ot sharp but beat Kansas, 56-34

T ops statistically but tough loss to TCU, 31-24

A mbushed Texas Tech, 46-35, with 21-minute goose egg

I ncinerate Baylor

N ullify Oklahoma State

E rectile dysfunction Iowa State

E masculate Kansas State

R eam Texas

S hock Oklahoma

Tony certainly is. We have seen it numerous times.
I keep waiting for a Power 5 team to come after Tony as a head coach. He's had approaches for Group of 5 schools, but declined.

Gibby's defense, after losing 9 starters, in an incredible, quick fix at only mid-season.

SIXTEEN players made tackles against Texas Tech because Tony was subbing 3 or more at a time from the first quarter on.

It paid off during the 21 minutes, 40 seconds blanking of the Red Raiders. WVU not as gassed as the TT defense by then.

M istakes by special teams + absence of Simms & Long = loss to Virginia Tech, 31-24

A mbushed Texas Tech, 46-35, with 20:49 minute goose egg

I ncinerate Baylor

N ullify Oklahoma State

E masculate Kansas State

R eam Texas

S hock Oklahoma

Reactions: Phil
I dont know how much truth there is to it but Kyzir said they didnt make any adjustments, they just calmed down and started playing team Defense.

Gibby said the same thing, they just challenged the guys to start playing football.

to me though TT looked like deer in headlights on offense that 4th quarter so i dont know if it was their conservative playcalling or what but they looked frazzled

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
On D it looked like we blitzed less, dropped 8 often and played more zone. I thought DL played better down stretch.
Also mike Daniels played more in place of battle.

I would be very surprised if a P5 team approached Gibson for a HC job. On paper his resume is very vanilla and certainly a legit P5 program would go after a coordinator from a much higher profile program before offering Gibson. I mean Rutgers was able to poach an OSU coordinator, and while that guy hasn't done anything of worth, OSU on a coaches resume clearly has more clout than WVU. If that's what Rutgers is targeting in their coach search, there aren't many lesser P5 programs left after that to take a run at Gibson.

If Gibson was indeed interested in being a head man, he would be best served going to the MAC or CUSA and climbing the standings there.

You have got to be kidding about DH making halftime adjustments given his history of being owned in the second half. lol. We won saturday. Good thing. But it does not make him a "great" coach for goodness sake!

I dont know how much truth there is to it but Kyzir said they didnt make any adjustments, they just calmed down and started playing team Defense.

Gibby said the same thing, they just challenged the guys to start playing football.

to me though TT looked like deer in headlights on offense that 4th quarter so i dont know if it was their conservative playcalling or what but they looked frazzled

Exactly. Kliff Kingsbury got scared and went too conservative/scared during the comeback and they end up choking the game away.

Our defense played better in the 2nd half, but they had major help from TT themself.

Exactly. Kliff Kingsbury got scared and went too conservative/scared during the comeback and they end up choking the game away.

Our defense played better in the 2nd half, but they had major help from TT themself.

Their RB was averaging about 6 or 7 yards per touch........they abandoned him.

I would be very surprised if a P5 team approached Gibson for a HC job. On paper his resume is very vanilla and certainly a legit P5 program would go after a coordinator from a much higher profile program before offering Gibson. I mean Rutgers was able to poach an OSU coordinator, and while that guy hasn't done anything of worth, OSU on a coaches resume clearly has more clout than WVU. If that's what Rutgers is targeting in their coach search, there aren't many lesser P5 programs left after that to take a run at Gibson.

If Gibson was indeed interested in being a head man, he would be best served going to the MAC or CUSA and climbing the standings there.
Not saying you're right or wrong, but we'll see. In any event, WVU would really miss Gibby not handling the defense. The guy is awesome, even in a year when he lost NINE starters and had SEVEN out with injuries by the end of the TCU game.

I ncinerate Baylor

N ullify Oklahoma State

E masculate Kansas State

R eam Texas

S hock Oklahoma

You have got to be kidding about DH making halftime adjustments given his history of being owned in the second half. lol.!

2017 second half scores.
WVU 29-7 in second half against TT.
WVU 21-24 in second half against TCU #4.
WVU 17-21 in second half against VT #14.

2016 second half scores.
WVU 10-7 against Miami.
WVU 14-7 against Baylor.
WVU 28-3 vs Iowa State.
WVU 21-22 vs Oklahoma.
WVU 7-7 vs Texas.
WVU 17-21 vs Kansas.
WVU 10-17 vs Ok St.
WVU 13-0 vs TCU.
WVU 24-10 vs TT.
WVU 17-3 vs K State.
WVU 14-19 vs BYU.
WVU 24-7 vs YSU.
WVU 13-8 vs Missouri.

Owned?

Wrong.

I believe that Coach Gibson said he directed the d-backs to quit focusing on tackling the receivers and focus on stopping them from catching the ball.

Not saying you're right or wrong, but we'll see. In any event, WVU would really miss Gibby not handling the defense. The guy is awesome, even in a year when he lost NINE starters and had SEVEN out with injuries by the end of the TCU game.

I ncinerate Baylor

N ullify Oklahoma State

E masculate Kansas State

R eam Texas

S hock Oklahoma

Yes Gibson would be a huge loss for this staff, but he is not at the level that would garner major attention. End of the day our D is typically pedestrian and often downright horrendous. We know Gibson is getting the most out of them and he is the ace recruiter of the staff, but outsiders likely would not perceive the job he is doing as overly impressive.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT