ADVERTISEMENT

D Miller Portal

Volatility

Senior
Jun 27, 2018
Charleston WV
www.equitysciences.com
DAMNITT... This one makes no sense to me. He would be a starting CB this year, I understand why many of the other players are in the portal, getting beat out by younger players, but this is not the case for Miller... This one will hurt our Def..

DAMNITT... This one makes no sense to me. He would be a starting CB this year, I understand why many of the other players are in the portal, getting beat out by younger players, but this is not the case for Miller... This one will hurt our Def..

What is going on.....its like what 14 players total?

What I have been reading is he was recruited by an SEC school to fill one of their needs! If that is how this is going to work going forward, college sports will now be totally dead!

College sports is dying if what wilmingtoneer says is true. But all of sports are starting to suck more in the new woke culture that the left is so happily forcing on society. Maybe Miller failed his diversity training though? Or he could be a Christian or something... I guess you never know anymore.

If players are on a team where they buy in and are happy, get the opportunity to play and to win, they are likely to want to stay.

Things are going south in Morgantown quickly.

Is this happening at Oklahoma, Texas, TCU, Baylor, Texas Tech, OK State, Kansas State, Iowa State or Kansas?

Here's a chart from February 4th (*WVU now has had several more enter the portal up to 15 so far I believe):

Big 12 Transfers

School Name Number of Players Transferring Number of Incoming Transfers
Baylor 4 0
Iowa State 5 0
Kansas 5 0
Kansas State 6 1
Oklahoma 12 1
Oklahoma State 12 2
TCU 6 3
Texas 10 0
Texas Tech 5 2
West Virginia *15 1

Now, schools like OU and OSU have lots of depth and talent--players there move because they want more playing time generally. Texas just had a coaching change and has lots of highly rated players that can go elsewhere and immediately play.

Hard to pretend a team with two seasons in a row with 5 wins has players leaving for playing time in such large numbers.

Last edited:
Here's the numbers for the BIG 12 going through the 24/7 list and updating WVU (they listed 12 for WVU but didn't have the last few out):

BIG 12 TRANSFER PORTAL 2021
school out in
OU
15​
5​
Texas
9​
1​
OK State
14​
4​
K State
6​
3​
Kansas
9​
Iowa State
9​
2​
Baylor
6​
3​
Texas Tech
9​
8​
TCU
7​
6​
WVU
15​
1​

On top of this, WVU's players are leaving with no place to go--whereas players at other schools for the most part have somewhere to go to. Of the 12 players 24/7 lists leaving WVU, 8 have no transfer school listed. Don't think the other 2- 3 leaving WVU have a spot anywhere else either.

Of OU's 15 listed, only 3 don't have a place to transfer to in comparison.

Actually according to the article I posted, there are going to be about 1500 players transfer and only about 600 places for them to land. They all think they are going somewhere and most end up nowhere. Plus looking at the transfers, many of them are dropping a division.

You should read up on it and quit WVU bashing. We get it, you hate Neal Brown. Obviously you hate WVU. So go somewhere else. You are a complete and utter failure and a moron. There are many schools that are struggling more than WVU. So go away.

WVU bashing. You mean like all you DH bashers did the entire time he was at WVU? Every time a player left?

Look at the real numbers. WVU is WAY over the top now in just this year alone. During Brown's time from when he came on board to now an entire teams worth of players have walked away. And coaches aren't sticking around either.

Its a problem. Just because you worship this coach who hasn't shown he can do anything at WVU, doesn't mean you get to sweep it under a rug. You can look at the list of their conference mates and clearly see WVU has a problem.

Only thing I am learning from this thread is that Bucky's mom is like the Transfer portal.
Everyone is in it

Is this happening at Oklahoma, Texas, TCU, Baylor, Texas Tech, OK State, Kansas State, Iowa State or Kansas?

Here's a chart from February 4th (*WVU now has had several more enter the portal up to 15 so far I believe):

Big 12 Transfers

School Name Number of Players Transferring Number of Incoming Transfers
Baylor 4 0
Iowa State 5 0
Kansas 5 0
Kansas State 6 1
Oklahoma 12 1
Oklahoma State 12 2
TCU 6 3
Texas 10 0
Texas Tech 5 2
West Virginia *15 1

Now, schools like OU and OSU have lots of depth and talent--players there move because they want more playing time generally. Texas just had a coaching change and has lots of highly rated players that can go elsewhere and immediately play.

Hard to pretend a team with two seasons in a row with 5 wins has players leaving for playing time in such large numbers.

You literally are an idiot.
Read the article. According to Oklahoma State fans it is a great thing they have so many transfers.

"If anything, it’s a reflection of a good recruiting job by OSU’s staff. Players are transferring because they can’t move up on the depth chart. Much has been made of the recruiting efforts during the last few years, but they haven’t struggled to recruit at quarterback, running back and wide receiver, and the defense has several standout players as well.

Say what you will, but I believe there is a reason OSU has the same number of transfer portal guys as OU and Texas."

Your mom told me this morning to make sure you did your chores. Now go clean your room.

WVU bashing. You mean like all you DH bashers did the entire time he was at WVU? Every time a player left?

Look at the real numbers. WVU is WAY over the top now in just this year alone. During Brown's time from when he came on board to now an entire teams worth of players have walked away. And coaches aren't sticking around either.

Its a problem. Just because you worship this coach who hasn't shown he can do anything at WVU, doesn't mean you get to sweep it under a rug. You can look at the list of their conference mates and clearly see WVU has a problem.
Looks like a time for you to move on.

Boo f’n hoo clown. Cry more noob

Reactions: WVUALLEN

What Coach just moved to Georgia? Makes all the sense in the world. Kids have no loyalty anymore. You think it's bad now wait until they start receiving pay checks or being paid for their likeness on a product. You don't think schools will use that to their advantage?

He transferred from Eastern Arizona College in 2018. Former coaches player. Stayed 2 years and now leaving. Seems we have a traveling man. WVU fans will have to face the truth that players staying 4 or 5 years will be a rarity in college sports.

Now to the man the thread is dedicated to.

Miller missed all of the 2019 season due to injury in his first season with the Mountaineers. But he started every game he took the field in the Mountaineer secondary in 2020. Miller had 31 tackles, defended nine passes and he pulled down an interception.

He did not play in the Liberty Bowl.

Is there an underlying reason for this? Just asking not insinuating. His coach was still there at the time.

Just saying there may just be other issues going on we don't know about.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT