ADVERTISEMENT

WVSPORTS.COM Culver makes most of first start, dominates glass with Ahmad

If Huggs can continue to build Knapper up and let him play we may be dangerous in Big 12 tourney with Sags Konate back. I like our chance with Konate, Culver, Esa, Wes Harris, Knapper, Haley, Beetle, Lamont West. Those 8 will be a tough group that could win the Big 12 tournament if Konate is healthy and not rusty by then. Esa will be better with Knapper playing well, confident and Culver and Konate will dominate glass, rim. Knapper scoring and being confident could make everyone better too. Look out if Sags comes back with enough time to get in shape before Big 12 tourney. All this frees up Esa to be more effective.

If Huggs can continue to build Knapper up and let him play we may be dangerous in Big 12 tourney with Sags Konate back. I like our chance with Konate, Culver, Esa, Wes Harris, Knapper, Haley, Beetle, Lamont West. Those 8 will be a tough group that could win the Big 12 tournament if Konate is healthy and not rusty by then. Esa will be better with Knapper playing well, confident and Culver and Konate will dominate glass, rim. Knapper scoring and being confident could make everyone better too. Look out if Sags comes back with enough time to get in shape before Big 12 tourney. All this frees up Esa to be more effective.

I thought bringing Esa back last year would give us an immediate boost. Not. Chemistry was changed. Not confident bringing Konate back absent 6-8 blending games is going to be a good thing this year.

If Konate comes back and all signs point to him coming back in 2 weeks to resume practice and play in about 3 weeks. That gives him 3 weeks and 6-7 games in before Big 12 tournament. With Knapper probably stepping up nicely at guard and scoring with Beetle coming back this team gets dangerous come mid March in a Big 12 tourney. I think Konate, Culver, Esa, Wes Harris are defending and cleaning up glass, rim. Knapper, Haley, Beetle and Lamont West will be better by mid March. Those 8 will be dangerous. I think they make a run at Big 12 title if Konate is full go with no setbacks when he comes back. The conference is all parity this year. It’s up for grabs. Let’s get automatic bid.

I think he’s 2 weeks away from being able to practice. If not 3 weeks. He likely is 4 weeks away from playing in a game.

304 talking out his...
giphy.gif

I think he is. Don’t rush him back. Just get him 100% and about 2-3 games before Big 12 tournament and go win the damn thing. Iowa State and Texas Tech ain’t shit away from home. We should have beat Texas Tech early this year back on January 2 without Sags and Derek Culver rusty.

Get Beetle 100%. Get Sags 100%. Let Knapper and all these guards get reps, minutes and I think it pays off by end of year. Go win that tourney and get automatic NCAA bid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT