ADVERTISEMENT

Crest

VaultHunter

All-Conference
Gold Member
Apr 16, 2014
My father had a business lunch with a person in the athletic department yesterday and asked why Crest was not getting more time at qb. "He is having a hard time learning the offense" but he also said Crest was so talented that he will be on the field as much as possible. He also said that Sills was making the most progress and has looked great so far. I hate to hear that about Crest but I'm happy and also think that Crest is one of the best athletes on the team and I also believe Crest will be a playmaker.Looks like Sills is the future, maybe even the present?

I'm not dropping names to be fair but I can promise this is not your usual Burger King Whopper Insider Info.

My father had a business lunch with a person in the athletic department yesterday and asked why Crest was not getting more time at qb. "He is having a hard time learning the offense" but he also said Crest was so talented that he will be on the field as much as possible. He also said that Sills was making the most progress and has looked great so far. I hate to hear that about Crest but I'm happy and also think that Crest is one of the best athletes on the team and I also believe Crest will be a playmaker.Looks like Sills is the future, maybe even the present?

I'm not dropping names to be fair but I can promise this is not your usual Burger King Whopper Insider Info.

I had lunch with the coaches and some players You are FOS and don't know what you're talking about. Get the F out of here!!

That's OK. Crest doesn't need to play QB to help us. Tavon didn't take snaps, we were pretty happy with him.

I'm hoping Crest stays our #2 so Sills and Chug can redshirt. "Hopefully", Crest will see significant time in the 2nd half against Liberty.

I had lunch with the coaches and some players You are FOS and don't know what you're talking about. Get the F out of here!!
Good Lawd....was all that nastiness really needed? You could have said "I disagree becasue my sources say different and I believe they are better sources than yours".....or you could be a dick.

Edit: Saw post was at 2:37 am Sunday. Nothing good happens at that hour, especially posting on a msg board.

Last edited:
Once Crest catches up mentally he will eventually start. He is our biggest talent at QB. Sills also has good upside. These 2 will be very good here. Sills can red shirt and Crest will start by game 4-5.

Barring injury or too many poor performances, I don't see Crest unseating Howard this year. Holgs said Howard was heads and shoulders above all of the other QBs in the spring and just recently moved Crest back to QB full-time.

However, I would love for WVU to whip a number of teams this year so Crest could get some significant playing time.

Once Crest catches up mentally he will eventually start. He is our biggest talent at QB. Sills also has good upside. These 2 will be very good here. Sills can red shirt and Crest will start by game 4-5.
Wish you had good upside, unfortunately even with your 35 aliases, you are still a 1 star walk on!!

If Crest is starting by game 4-5, that means there's been losses somewhere in games 1-3 (G South, Lib, MD).

And if that's the case, oh dear. Sept should be the AA & AAA primer for the bump up to the bigs in October.

I agree with Chris. Don't see Crest unseating Howard in 2015. Ideally he gets mop up snaps. If there is an unseating, that's reactionary, unplanned this offseason & would likely mean there's been losses.

The musical chairs game with Crest is odd & I'm not sure it shows there's a clear cut plan for him. How many other high profile QB recruits are moved to WR, RB & PR/KR then switched back to back-up QB in mid August? A lot was said how athletic Crest was & how he should get reps on the field in any capacity. Then suddenly that changed. And with no games even played to prove it.

Perhaps Crest is sticking to his guns behind the scenes & made it apparent he intends to be a college QB. There must be a reason. I'd say it's that or the incoming receivers quickly solidified the position & there's no way Crest plays ahead of them.

Playing receiver at this level isn't the instant or easy transition from QB. Getting off jams, route running, ball skills, reading defenses, getting open, blocking, an awful lot goes into it. Can't presume someone who hasn't done it can automatically do it.

I just hope there's consistent, turnover free QB play no matter who it is.

The reality is Crest got beat out for return man and inside receiver by our freshman

So it is best to move him back, so that we can redshirt Chugz, WVU's QB future

Holgs already told WVMetroNews that Sills could see a position change in the future

interesting

it's year 2 in the program for him. I always hoped he'd be the next QB over several years who could be really good by his junior and senior seasons. seems that potential may be drifting away, but we'll have to wait & see.

with all the focus on depth, certainly won't hurt to build it at the most important position.

Keaton you said Ford was the future??? Your always wrong and Chugs is a slow 1 dimensional short pocket passer. This program will be in shambles if he ends up starting. He looked terrible in live action during spring. He looked like the 2 star recruit with no D1 offers.
+

Keaton you said Ford was the future??? Your always wrong and Chugs is a slow 1 dimensional short pocket passer. This program will be in shambles if he ends up starting. He looked terrible in live action during spring. He looked like the 2 star recruit with no D1 offers.
+
Actually Holgs had nothing but high praise for Chugs as have others stating that he can really sling it and just needs to learn the offense. But he has the best arm of any of the backups. Also Holgs has said that he is extremely happy with how Crest has progressed from last year to this year so I don't know where people are getting that his potential is drifting away or that he's not as good as we thought. I guess I'm the only one that reads these articles.

Reactions: BobbyBoucheer
Crest was thinking too much in spring still confused with a big playbook being a typical freshmen. Things are slowing down mentally for him now and players and coaches notice it. Crest is the team's most talented QB he just has to keep learning offense and study playbook.

Reactions: anon_zft7bawebck2a
Actually Holgs had nothing but high praise for Chugs as have others stating that he can really sling it and just needs to learn the offense. But he has the best arm of any of the backups. Also Holgs has said that he is extremely happy with how Crest has progressed from last year to this year so I don't know where people are getting that his potential is drifting away or that he's not as good as we thought. I guess I'm the only one that reads these articles.
Exactly right. The only thing holding back the young guys right now is the older experienced guys. That is how a program is supposed to work.

Reactions: anon_zft7bawebck2a

WTF are you talking about. He is getting 2nd most amount of reps at QB and has been removed for being a WR or RB option. Baring injuries Sills is going to Redshirt.

Me? I don't care about no business lunch or no other kind of lunch when it comes to who Holgs puts on the field...............although I don't tend to think that the stuff talked about during 'business' lunches tends to be right on the money. Ain't life funny? That's what I call square business. Wanna talk about it? Warez

Me? I don't care about no business lunch or no other kind of lunch when it comes to who Holgs puts on the field...............although I don't tend to think that the stuff talked about during 'business' lunches tends to be right on the money. Ain't life funny? That's what I call square business. Wanna talk about it? Warez
Our pickles could be a nice addition to the lunches of which you speak!?!...speaking of...business...$$$!

Someone here said Crest would be taking snaps at WR and helping the team in that capacity. Who was that?

I don't know who it was..... ......but I have no doubt that it's one of the usual blowhards that make endless predictions.....

I'm gonna give Dana the benefit of the doubt (Yeah that's right I can do that when he hasn't disappointed me this season ...yet!) and say maybe Dana was moving Crest around to all of the offensive skill positions to get him to learn the offense. Most of the passes in this offense are anticipatory in nature. Which means you have to know every skill position on the field in order to make the correct read and where a player is going to be open. What better way to learn that than to have to play all of those positions? If Crest's issues truly are mental this wouldn't hurt anything as obviously his arm and legs aren't the issue.
As for punt and kickoff returns, I think it's simply because we suck so badly at those positions and he showed signs last season that he could be serviceable at it. Now that some of the other guys have gotten some reps at it they don't need him there either.

Torontoeers...........you have my permission to invite Holgs to a business lunch. The subject is PICKLES! Hook the man on our pickles! They are like meth when coupled with Ret Buyll. Pickles and Ret Bull. What a combo. Keep me posted. By the way............I'm back in the mix now that football season is here. I can't stand the dialog during off season. By the way........... I am sending you a team of Mexicans to help you with the pickle harvest. Be on the lookout.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT