ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING UPDATE Couple notes on Sinkfield

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007
-If you all remember Plantation (Fla.) American Heritage athlete Alec Sinkfield attempted to commit to West Virginia earlier in the process but the coaching staff did not accept it at the time because he had not visited. Well, Sinkfield still has not visited so what changed? Well, running backs coach JaJuan Seider stopped by his school during the evaluation period and was able to watch him in person. I can say that from talking with sources Seider was "in love," what what he saw out of the versatile athlete which led to his commitment to the Mountaineers.

-Sinkfield has the ability to play several positions ranging from running back to wide receiver but there is no doubt about his role with the Mountaineers right now: he was recruited to play the running back position. Sinkfield is going to play in the backfield and there is a lot of excitement around this pledge.

-At this point I'm not sure if West Virginia will pursue another option in the backfield yet because Tevin Bush is also in the fold but the coaching staff is very excited over what they have in the mix. I have been told as of right now this could be it but as always those type of things remain fluid.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News