ADVERTISEMENT

Contracts

locustwv

All-Conference
Aug 23, 2012
These crazy “hit the lottery contracts if I get fired “ are retarded. It would be hard to care if you knew you were gonna get 20 million dollars if you get canned.

As I understand it, the buyout goes both ways, which means if NB was kicking butt at WVU and some other program hired him away, NB (or the program that hired him away) would have to pay WVU a big buyout.

If he had any dignity he would renegotiate the buyout and cut it in half, at least. He has set this program back, yet he was paid like the savior.

Reactions: locustwv
As I understand it, the buyout goes both ways, which means if NB was kicking butt at WVU and some other program hired him away, NB (or the program that hired him away) would have to pay WVU a big buyout.
Well, that ship has sunk.

Lol- Brown was losing when Lyons extended him. It was absurd to even do a buyout let alone pretend there was a benefit to WVU from it.

Not as big as you think.
if Brown elects to leave on or before Dec. 31, 2024, he would owe WVU a liquidated damages payment equal to 25% of the remaining total salary figure.

A departure in the final two years of the contract (Jan. 1, 2025 – Dec. 31, 2026) would see him owing 12.5% of the total.

If he were to leave following the 2023 season, he would owe West Virginia $3.175 million, which is 25% of the remaining three years of the contract.

If the departure came on Jan. 10, 2025, he would owe $1.075 million to the school.

There’s also an interesting codicil to all of this. Brown’s buyout liability drops to 12.5% from now through the end of 2024 (from the base contract number of 25%) if both WVU President E. Gordon Gee and Director of Athletics Shane Lyons are not in their current positions at the time Brown elects to leave.

He must have hell of an agent.

Reactions: jlaudiomaster
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT