ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats

Marine03

All-Conference
Sep 29, 2012
First off I want to say as a proud West Virginian who is living in New England (Connecticut) I was proud that we had two teams in the NCAA tourney. As for the game, WVU has a defense that’s relentless and it certainly rattled Marshall, it’s something you can’t duplicate so it’s very hard to prepare for. Jevon Carter is the most underrated and under-appreciated player in the country, kid has a huge heart and is a baller. I enjoyed watching him play last night. Best of luck the rest of the tourney, and since I’m only 75 miles from Boston I’ll be making the trip over to root you on.

Marshall has a bright basketball future and that's great for them. They should be able to compete for the tournament most years moving forward. Last night they were just too sloppy with the ball and a bit overwhelmed by the moment it seems.

I don't particularly like our chances against Villanova but crazier things have happened.

Reactions: Marine03
Marshall has a bright basketball future and that's great for them. They should be able to compete for the tournament most years moving forward. Last night they were just too sloppy with the ball and a bit overwhelmed by the moment it seems.

I don't particularly like our chances against Villanova but crazier things have happened.

Gawd Damn it’s a Numbers up sighting, long time no see.

I honestly think Marshall would have played better against any other 5 seed. You could see how emotional it was for them in the early going. Coming off such a great performance on Friday, their first tournament win, they didn't need all the extra in-state rivalry baggage. The tournament is hard enough as it is.

I honestly think Marshall would have played better against any other 5 seed. You could see how emotional it was for them in the early going. Coming off such a great performance on Friday, their first tournament win, they didn't need all the extra in-state rivalry baggage. The tournament is hard enough as it is.

Honestly I think WVU is a 3 seed at worse. I had y’all in the Final 4, but don’t ask about the rest of my bracket. It’s complete shit

Marshall just isn't used to Press Virginia intensity and Big 12 talent. I wrote after Marshall's first round victory that the Herd was too loose with the ball. That's fatal against the octopus defense of WVU with hands everywhere, no enough to whack but frenetic enough to unnerve. Marshall also did a lot of one on one dribbling, which doesn't work with WVU's team half-court backing up each other defense. It was a far superior team showing the big frog in the little pond that life is much tougher when you're the scrawny frog in the ocean of talent. The Big 12 rules! 4 teams in the Sweet Sixteen, 40% of the members. No other conference comes close to that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT