ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to the Herd..........

old buzzard

All-Conference
Gold Member
Dec 30, 2005
........for snagging that spot in the Gildan Underpants Bowl.

They must be proud to play in the bowl sponsored by the underwear sold at Wal-Marts across the nation. That right there is recognition !

Finally they have one game this year that will be shown on real TV. Maybe I will tune in but it's right in the middle of Christmas shopping season, so I don't know........

They are already making excuses.........."Colorado State is used to playing at that altitude and we only have three days to adjust " , " we only have a week and a half to prepare ", " Bill Legg sucks ", etc.

........for snagging that spot in the Gildan Underpants Bowl.

They must be proud to play in the bowl sponsored by the underwear sold at Wal-Marts across the nation. That right there is recognition !

Finally they have one game this year that will be shown on real TV. Maybe I will tune in but it's right in the middle of Christmas shopping season, so I don't know........

They are already making excuses.........."Colorado State is used to playing at that altitude and we only have three days to adjust " , " we only have a week and a half to prepare ", " Bill Legg sucks ", etc.

And you’re in a bowl that featured ARMY and North Texas just a year ago, lmao and you want to talk bowl shit?

And you’re in a bowl that featured ARMY and North Texas just a year ago, lmao and you want to talk bowl shit?

It's not every year that a particular bowl features a premier matchup, as you pointed out with last years Heart of Dallas Bowl. The Gildan Underpants Bowl is having a similar problem this year.

Last edited:
G.I. Joe has a valid point here, Buzzkill.

I gave him credit for it..............but it doesn't mean I can't have a little fun reminding him that Marshall was the third from last team to be selected for a bowl.

I gave him credit for it..............but it doesn't mean I can't have a little fun reminding him that Marshall was the third from last team to be selected for a bowl.

I’m sure your lunch money victim ass was picked dead last at recess, you tell me how it feels

Last edited:
Reactions: Snow Sled Baby
I’m sure your lunch money victim ass was picked dead last at recess, you tell me how it feels

You seem to be overly sensitive these days. Must be left over anxiety from having to wait so long on Sunday to see if Marshall was going to get invited to a bowl. They barely made the cut so now that your team will be playing in the Gildan Underpants Bowl you can relax. And you will finally be able to watch your Herd on real TV for a change.

You seem to be overly sensitive these days. Must be left over anxiety from having to wait so long on Sunday to see if Marshall was going to get invited to a bowl. They barely made the cut so now that your team will be playing in the Gildan Underpants Bowl you can relax. And you will finally be able to watch your Herd on real TV for a change.

I won’t watch it, my son and I will be in Middletown NY for a wrestling tournament that day.

I won’t watch it, my son and I will be in Middletown NY for a wrestling tournament that day.

Well, I will watch it provided the wife doesn't have other plans that day. I'm retired and watch all the college football I can. Unfortunately the CUSA TV deal has made it almost impossible to watch the Herd. I kid around a lot on here, but Marshall deserves better than their current conference situation. In my opinion they were better off in the MAC.

Well, I will watch it provided the wife doesn't have other plans that day. I'm retired and watch all the college football I can. Unfortunately the CUSA TV deal has made it almost impossible to watch the Herd. I kid around a lot on here, but Marshall deserves better than their current conference situation. In my opinion they were better off in the MAC.

I agree, it’s a joke what cfb is turning into. The G5 needs to split off into another division in its entirety. Even the lower level FBS schools from the P5 can’t compete with the money. Realistically there are about 20-25 schools who have a legit shot for this playoff yearly. Everyone else is just jockeying for a bowl game that doesn’t mean much in the end. A CFB coach making 10.5 million a year, and it costs kids 100k in student loans to get just a Bachelors degree? It’s out of control

I agree, it’s a joke what cfb is turning into. The G5 needs to split off into another division in its entirety. Even the lower level FBS schools from the P5 can’t compete with the money. Realistically there are about 20-25 schools who have a legit shot for this playoff yearly. Everyone else is just jockeying for a bowl game that doesn’t mean much in the end. A CFB coach making 10.5 million a year, and it costs kids 100k in student loans to get just a Bachelors degree? It’s out of control

Some say the P-5 will eventually re-form into 4 sixteen team conferences and separate themselves from the G-5, as if there already isn't a separation under the current system.

Just my opinion, but I think what should be done is to give the G-5's their own playoff and their own championship. Sort of like the old 1A - 1AA days of not so long ago.

Some say the P-5 will eventually re-form into 4 sixteen team conferences and separate themselves from the G-5, as if there already isn't a separation under the current system.

Just my opinion, but I think what should be done is to give the G-5's their own playoff and their own championship. Sort of like the old 1A - 1AA days of not so long ago.

It should be, the only other fair thing is to expand to 8, have 5 conference champs, 2 at large, and highest ranked G5 team in the playoffs. But even if you go to 64, about 40 of these teams are playing with the deck stacked against them.

It should be, the only other fair thing is to expand to 8, have 5 conference champs, 2 at large, and highest ranked G5 team in the playoffs. But even if you go to 64, about 40 of these teams are playing with the deck stacked against them.

Giving a G-5 an automatic bid to the playoff doesn't make sense to me. Compare the strength of schedules of the G-5's to that of the P-5's and you will see what I mean. For instance - this year the class of the G-5's is UCF who went 12-0 against a schedule that ranked 83rd according to Sagarin. In the meantime Notre Dame's record was 9-3 while playing the 2nd ranked strength of schedule. (Just for the record I hate all things Notre Dame but I gotta give them credit for their SOS)

By giving the G-5's automatic access to the Championship playoff would be rewarding a team that plays a soft schedule and punishing a team that plays a tougher one. At least that's the way I see it.

Giving a G-5 an automatic bid to the playoff doesn't make sense to me. Compare the strength of schedules of the G-5's to that of the P-5's and you will see what I mean. For instance - this year the class of the G-5's is UCF who went 12-0 against a schedule that ranked 83rd according to Sagarin. In the meantime Notre Dame's record was 9-3 while playing the 2nd ranked strength of schedule. (Just for the record I hate all things Notre Dame but I gotta give them credit for their SOS)

By giving the G-5's automatic access to the Championship playoff would be rewarding a team that plays a soft schedule and punishing a team that plays a tougher one. At least that's the way I see it.

Want to see the g5 results in the bcs and access bowls vs the P5? They have a winning record

good choice.....even if there wasn't a wrestling tournament...btw how is your kid doing?....my nephew in St Marys made second team all conference at guard

He’s doing well, took 1st place and went 4-0 Sunday in seasons first tourney. That was his last one with his old club. We finish our move this weekend to Connecticut and he starts his new club Monday. Different competition, not sure what to expect in New England compared to Western New York. He’s improved a lot, I got him in Kyle Dakes and Gabe Deans camp this summer in NY. Congrats on your nephew that’s awesome

Reactions: Snow Sled Baby
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT