ADVERTISEMENT

Comparing 12 game schedules: '93 vs. '16 : Big East > Big 12

WVUDisciples

All-Conference
Dec 28, 2002
Ranking the teams we played through 12 games.

#4 Miami > #10 Oklahoma
#8 Florida > #14 Oklahoma St.
#9 Boston College > UR Kansas St.
#17 Louisville > UR BYU
#20 Va Tech > UR Texas
Eastern Mich > d2 Youngstown St.
Missou then = Missou now
Syracuse < Baylor
Pitt < Texas Tech
Maryland > Iowa St.
Temple = Kansas
Rutgers < TCU

11-1 against old 93 Big East schedule wasn't exactly easier than the 10-2 we had this year. I don't say this to put down this team's accomplishments, just demonstrating the old Big East schedule was more challenging than people want to give us credit, especially the top 5 teams.

Right....but is skews what the OP is trying to present...the OK state game should be inline with BC....not Florida

Geez... I'm sorry but I consider these kinds of comparisons little more than mental masturbation. I do agree that the Big East 1.0 was a pretty good conference continually being upended by the Catholic BB schools and it struggled in that regard, hence its demise. Miami was a National "juggarnaught" back then and BC would put up a decent team from time to time, especially in the Flutie years (who never beat us, BTW... in 4 tries). Living in Boston at the time, I did enjoy watching us play them at The Heights every other year. Look at them now! Also, it took VT 5-6 years to develop a competitive team. When they did, they were decent too. Personally I'd rather play the teams we all watched for years when it wasn't WVU... teams like Oklahoma and Texas, et. al.

Is 2-9 Maryland really better than Iowa State, and a 4-7 Eastern Michigan team better than a Youngstown team that might win their championship?

I am looking to Miami and getting revenge for what happened in Morgantown a few years back when WV was robbed by the refs. WV got a measure of revenge when they bought up all the sideline heaters prior to a very very cold and snowy game they played agin Miami in Morgantown in late December one year. But, I am talking about whipping dem Canes real good this time..........on the field!

Ranking the teams we played through 12 games.

#4 Miami > #10 Oklahoma
#8 Florida > #14 Oklahoma St.
#9 Boston College > UR Kansas St.
#17 Louisville > UR BYU
#20 Va Tech > UR Texas
Eastern Mich > d2 Youngstown St.
Missou then = Missou now
Syracuse < Baylor
Pitt < Texas Tech
Maryland > Iowa St.
Temple = Kansas
Rutgers < TCU

11-1 against old 93 Big East schedule wasn't exactly easier than the 10-2 we had this year. I don't say this to put down this team's accomplishments, just demonstrating the old Big East schedule was more challenging than people want to give us credit, especially the top 5 teams.

The Big 12 formed in 1994 although scheduling was not complete until 1996. Are you saying Big East conference was better or that WVU 93 schedule was better? If you are speaking conference the Big 12 did not exist. The Big 12 did not start full play until 1996. You need to readjust your thinking.

Reactions: 3xWVUenginEER
What I'm saying is that, through 12 games, the '93 team had a much tougher route/overall schedule than this current team has had through 12 games. Dana said after the Baylor game that this team, because it's played against such tougher competition than the, in his words, "top 10 teams listed in the facilities building" that these 10 wins came against much tougher competition than what the other teams faced through 12 games.

I think Dana's done a good job this year and deserved the contract extension. I'm tired of him denigrating our program's past success by constantly talking about how he's got it so much tougher than what Nehlen and Rich Rod had it. It's bullcrap. This Big 12 schedule is no tougher than what Nehlen faced. Nehlen and RRod's teams beat Oklahoma when they were top 5, and until Dana does it, I'm not prepared to put him in the class of either of those two.

I hope Dana does well b/c that means WVU does well. But in his mind, I think he really believes that Eastern football sucked. The final version of the BE sucked, yeah, but that was just the last 3 years of it. He doesn't value our storied tradition.

The Big 12 formed in 1994 although scheduling was not complete until 1996. Are you saying Big East conference was better or that WVU 93 schedule was better? If you are speaking conference the Big 12 did not exist. The Big 12 did not start full play until 1996. You need to readjust your thinking.

The 1993 Wvu team was much better than the 2016 wvu team. The schedule faced by the 1993 team was much more difficult. The 1993 team beat a Miami team that was stocked full of NFL talent, does Warren Sapp ring a bell? The 1993 team went into chestnut hill and beat a Boston college team that smacked ND the week before and was coached by Tom Coughlin who went on to be a super bowl champion coach. The 2016 wvu team beat nobody. They struggled week in and week out to beat mediocre at best competition. Wvu had its chance to make somewhat of a statement against an Oklahoma team that was exposed by an American conference team that didn't even win its conference championship along with a Big 10 team that failed to do the same. Stoops Pounded fluffer Holgorsen like a cheap five dollar whore in front of a national tv audience in prime time but no one was probably that shocked since holgorsen hasn't beaten anyone of significance since Baylor in 2014.

Rich never beat OU.
The team he assembled did and they beat a much better Oklahoma team than what Dandy Dana faced a few weeks ago. Rich might have choked that night against Pitt and cost us a chance to play for the national championship but Dana has failed to get the program in that position and he never will.

The team he assembled did and they beat a much better Oklahoma team than what Dandy Dana faced a few weeks ago. Rich might have choked that night against Pitt and cost us a chance to play for the national championship but Dana has failed to get the program in that position and he never will.
Your posts are a rancid crap fest. Ignorance at best, trolling at worst.

The 1993 Wvu team was much better than the 2016 wvu team. The schedule faced by the 1993 team was much more difficult. The 1993 team beat a Miami team that was stocked full of NFL talent, does Warren Sapp ring a bell? The 1993 team went into chestnut hill and beat a Boston college team that smacked ND the week before and was coached by Tom Coughlin who went on to be a super bowl champion coach. The 2016 wvu team beat nobody. They struggled week in and week out to beat mediocre at best competition. Wvu had its chance to make somewhat of a statement against an Oklahoma team that was exposed by an American conference team that didn't even win its conference championship along with a Big 10 team that failed to do the same. Stoops Pounded fluffer Holgorsen like a cheap five dollar whore in front of a national tv audience in prime time but no one was probably that shocked since holgorsen hasn't beaten anyone of significance since Baylor in 2014.
You mean the same Big 10 team that's in the national playoffs. Kind of shrugged that one off, didn't you?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT