ADVERTISEMENT

College Polls head scratcher

CAK125

Sophomore
Gold Member
Aug 3, 2011
I rarely even post about polls but I find it so hilarious (for lack of better words) how they rank teams after games. Clemson lost their second game an still ranked several spots ahead of NC State. V Tech lost to WVU and struggled against Richmond and we played extremely well at OU and V Tech is still receiving votes and we are not on front page. Must be some special factors applied (like politics!) that we need to start learning. Just a head scratcher year after year in the polls (both of them).

WVU isn’t any good so who cares. 4-6 losses a year doesn’t earn much respect.

WVU isn’t any good so who cares. 4-6 losses a year doesn’t earn much respect.
I guess you missed the point. I didn’t say how good or bad just thought it was hilarious. Didn’t even mention WVU first. There was several head scratchers. I appreciate your thoughts though. Topic for another thread probably.

Says the fan of a program that has been dead for 40 years and just gave up 44 and lost to a MAC team. STFU and go douche your wife's sewer ditch of a gash.

Did I say anything about this team this year that isn’t true.......anything other than crickets is complete homerism.

aaaaaaaaaaa Maryland

I guess you missed the point. I didn’t say how good or bad just thought it was hilarious. Didn’t even mention WVU first. There was several head scratchers. I appreciate your thoughts though. Topic for another thread probably.

Learn English then come back.

What is wrong is that these polls are created before the season has even begun. Then, every win or loss is based off these faulty polls. Eliminates all but a handful of teams from even reaching the playoffs from day one.

Reactions: WVUALLEN and CAK125
College football (and basketball polls) have become extinct, as far as having an impact on how things ultimately play out. The football polls were done once ESPN took control of the CFP. Currently, they're only good for one reason, and that's for fans to take some pride in their school's ranking. The only one that matters is the one that ESPN controls. As for the current polls, obviously UCLA at #20 and Fresno State at #21 makes no sense, as some watched Fresno kick their ass in L.A. You see Michigan at #14, based solely on beating four stiffs and name recognition. I believe there's 130 FBS teams competing now days, and if there's 116 teams worse than Michigan, then college football is in sad shape.

I rarely even post about polls but I find it so hilarious (for lack of better words) how they rank teams after games. Clemson lost their second game an still ranked several spots ahead of NC State. V Tech lost to WVU and struggled against Richmond and we played extremely well at OU and V Tech is still receiving votes and we are not on front page. Must be some special factors applied (like politics!) that we need to start learning. Just a head scratcher year after year in the polls (both of them).
Polls are nothing more than popularity contest. It disguises the fact that the same teams challenge every year and the rest are just for toppings.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
I have forgotten more football than you’ll ever know fanboy.
Man you are good. However, you need to know football to forget it. Those that have to brag so much, usually don’t know much. You do brag a lot, which speaks volumes and what most of us already knew. I will say that I mostly just read what people say on here and I must say your messages are entertaining if anything.

Keep racking up those queenie likes dumbass....you two are a perfect pair of twats.
You've hit the trifecta. Firstly, you're easily the most hated poster on here. Secondly, nobody fears you, or even respects you. Thirdly, you're a fat and unathletic loser with a dead-end job.

You've hit the trifecta. Firstly, you're easily the most hated poster on here. Secondly, nobody fears you, or even respects you. Thirdly, you're a fat and unathletic loser with a dead-end job.
LMAO...you wish I cared about your worthless opinion.

Thanks for responding in all off three minutes stalker boy.

I will knock your ass out in one punch too.

LMAO...you wish I cared about your worthless opinion.

Thanks for responding in all off three minutes stalker boy.

I will knock your ass out in one punch too.
Sure you will, tubby tuba tooter. Nobody likes, fears, or even respects you. However, I did enjoy your epic meltdown last night! Thanks for the free entertainment, loser.

Sure you will, tubby tuba tooter. Nobody likes, fears, or even respects you. However, I did enjoy your epic meltdown last night! Thanks for the free entertainment, loser.
Six minutes to respond...you are slipping queenie.

One punch!

You're fat and out of shape. We've seen your Facebook pic. That's the best pic of you that you can find? #Fugly
Still babbling about nothing I see....go back to liking the other twats post....because you aren't that great at posting yourself.

One punch...I lay you out cold...1-2-3.

What is wrong is that these polls are created before the season has even begun. Then, every win or loss is based off these faulty polls. Eliminates all but a handful of teams from even reaching the playoffs from day one.
You have to also take in consideration the influence behind the polls.

For example, ESPN/ACC has vaulted in the past four years Virginia Tech from being non-ranked, to a very high ranked team after one week and one win.

The first time this happened was against Florida State who was led by the amazing Willie Taggart. Florida State, as everyone knows, has not been the same since from that disastrous hire. Complete disaster the rest of the year.

This year the mighty Hokies, again, beat a over ranked ACC team and is vaulted into the top 15. All signs pointing to a complete disaster again.

Since BCS, out of the power five conferences, ACC has been worse than the PAC 12. ACC broke the BCS “Big East Rule” not having a team ranked hire than 12 on avg of years. (Avg rank was 14) Followed by a FSU/pedophile university BCS game where FSU should not have been ranked in top 25 but ESPN/ACC wanted that Bobby vs Joe matchup.

and here we are and 2021 and Clemson finally has a bad year and look at the rest of the conference. If it wasn’t for Clemson, this conference would have zero credibility in football. There is a massive, massive gap between Clemson and number 2 in the conference. Miami? Syracuse? Nobody can come close to Clemson or put consecutive years together.

When Dabo takes over for Nick, it will get worse.

Polls are useless until November

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Still babbling about nothing I see....go back to liking the other twats post....because you aren't that great at posting yourself.

One punch...I lay you out cold...1-2-3.
Dream on fatty. Nobody fears a band fruit, especially an obese mouth-breathing one, such as yourself. You need a lip to match the rest of your fat body.

Dream on fatty. Nobody fears a band fruit, especially an obese mouth-breathing one, such as yourself. You need a lip to match the rest of your fat body.
Are you a bleeder? I bet you are. Guess I will find out when I break your nose with one punch.

My stalker took five minute to respond to me this time...

Yeah...you probably are a bleeder....

You're not getting any skinnier by posting on a message board all day and night, chubs.

You are probably a bleeder too aren't you?

If you are nice, I may pull back on a little with my punch to your face.

🤔 hmmm. What string to tug now……
Got it! Hey get your own material or I just might give you a fat lip next time you put some gas in your Ford pick up.

Reactions: KingCoal
🤔 hmmm. What string to tug now……
Got it! Hey get your own material or I just might give you a fat lip next time you put some gas in your Ford pick up.
Two response in two minutes...It will hurt your head...but try again on who is running the show around here....LMAO...complete dumbass...and yeah....you are a bleeder....bring some rags to mop up your pool of blood I leave you laying in.

I may string you along all night for my own amusement. Too easy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT