ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching prep/adjustments; what Baylor did

Winter Tim

All-Conference
Jul 27, 2011
This thread is not intended to be a comment on any Mountaineer coach - past or present. This is just an observation of amazement on my part about what Baylor - passing team - did in the face of injuries.

From CBSsports.com:
<>>> Bayor was without its two leading passers, leading rusher and leading receiver for the Russell Athletic Bowl on Tuesday against North Carolina, ….ran all over the Tar Heels in a 49-38 victory.

Baylor ran for an all-time bowl-record 645 yards… Baylor averaged 7.7 yards per carry as it gashed the Tar Heels inside and outside in the running game. The Bears gave North Carolina plenty of unique looks, running some read option, some single-wing action and all manner of other sets. Five different Baylor players took snaps Tuesday as the Bears operated an offense that was almost completely reliant on the running game. <<<<

I hate to give him credit because I think he's an @#%$#%#$ and his team plays dirty, but that was impressive. They came ready to play too. Their O-line obliterated UNC. UNC wasn't a very good D all year and had a couple of injuries but that was the kind of domination you'd only expect from a top 10 offense versus an FCS school.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT