ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching decisions and players that are here.

ParrotheadEER

All-Conference
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Core, WV
I know many have bailed on the Climb. I have not. It is a bit hard to after losing to the Twerps. Which part of the 3 turnovers was HCNB fault? I say 3 because it is not on him or Doege as much as a pretty good play by the cornerback. It is also not the fault of the other wide out running the short route he left when he saw Doege's eyes. Lose a heartbreaker by 6 points with 4 turnovers...sounds like it might not be the coaches fault.
Next, for those saying Doege sucks and there is no improvement...no real argument there, but I bet in practice, they tried to build his confidence and didn't let anyone hit Doege in ANY practice. He did look a bit better the first little bit, but the first real hit and he began degrading. Which brings me to the actual point, You say after 3 years he should have "his" players in. We have about 75 scholarships being used now. 3 or 4 are former walk ons. His 1st recruiting class was keeping Holgorsens class mainly intact or likely taking a lot lesser players. His 2nd class was during a pandemic warped year. This time we were able to get the people he and his staff wanted(best they could get, like 99% of all staffs, want better, but reality is you do not get all the ones you want or we would all be BAMA/Clemson/other blue blood types.) He brought in Doege/Kendall(with likely a lack of qb's of quality) to help with improving the qb room. Do you turn down a former 4* and a starting qb from a smaller school who was fairly successful? Neither have been as successful as we would like, but depth and knowing you need a qb to succeed in this league are still working against him. Crowder is HIS qb...Greene is, but more by default since he was of the 2nd class. We/he is pretty blessed to have LBrown as a holdover. We know the defenses do not respect Doege as a real threat. This makes our line look worse when they know they likely aren't getting beat deep. The wideouts dropping a few balls in critical situations doesn't help either.
Right now we are what we are. The turnovers have go to stop, especially like Doege's first int. We had all 3(again, unforced, to me) happen when we were getting or had swung momentum in our favor. The last one was a good play by the defense and yes it hurt really bad too as again we had the momentum.
I know many of you have a differing opinion, but the reality is we are from where HCNB can lead us(IMO) and definitely wants to, even if he just wants out the door to a better location(think this is a lie, but no inside info from my side/POV). I would like to see Greene and Crowder play Saturday, but have to believe if we had a better qb option right now...we would have seen it. That hurts. but reality usually does.
Let's gooooo Mountaineers!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News