ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson #1 and here's how.

WVUALLEN

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Aug 5, 2009
They just beat unranked Ga.Tech

Next Toughest Game (maybe) H - Texas A&M
Possible Tough Uncertain at the moment @ Syracuse...

There are 2 ranked teams from ACC (only 2 wow!)
1. Clemson
21. Syracuse

Rest of Clemson Schedule
H - Charlotte
A - UNC
H - FSU
A - Louisville
H - BC
H - Wofford
A - NC. State
H - Wake
A - South Carolina

#2 Alabama OOC schedule is subpar for a P5. Their OOC is a joke for #2. Media and the entire country ripped Baylor and TCU for their very weak OOC but it's ok for the top 2 teams to do so.
Duke
NMSU
USM
WCU

It's true these guys take care of business on their OOC but hell grow some balls and play somebody in top 15 even. If you can believe they're a top 15 team. No way of telling with these shysters.

The rankings and CFP are nothing more than a sham for ESPN to make money. It's all about perception and pick pocketing the viewer. A bit of slight of hand magic.

Needs to be a better ranking system. What would that be. I don't know. But to start be fair to everyone and don't call 1 teams schedule weaker than the others when the supposed top 2 are playing a mysterious tough schedule. Bull Shit I say.

To me this is why the B12 needs to bring in 2 more patsies to line the win column with, drop to an 8 game conference schedule, play 1 P5 non conference opponent, 2 G5 non conference opponents, and an FCS opponent just like SEC and ACC - the only 2 conferences to not miss the playoffs.

If they don’t want them to be complete patsies like when the B10 brought in Rutgers, then grab 2 of the better G5 programs like Cincy and Memphis.

Bama often challenges itself OOC, plus their conference schedule. Clemson just cruises. Like last year I think it was a legit argument. Clemson played at A &M early in season with Jimbo, Aggies missed a chip shot field goal on like the first drive or else they w8k the game. Clemson cruises through their home schedule, gets Pitt for a conference title, Notre dame lousy butts and they're playing for a title. They played one game that was like what bama plays several of and they should have lost, the ACC is pitiful. And it does matter

Win your games and it all works out.

Don't be blown out against teams like Iowa and Purdue.
The B1G and PAC 12 both together can go eat a bag of dicks.
B1G for the most part lacks the athletes needed except at Ohio State
PAC 12 is closer to the AAC than the P4

Last edited:
Again, I suggest that Big 12 is the best conference in the country for scheduling - everybody plays everybody else
in football and twice in basketball. The end of season champion is really the champion. Not like some other conferences
where a team can go through a season and not play the really tough teams and win conference. Can anybody post how
many OOC games each conference allows? Thanks

To me this is why the B12 needs to bring in 2 more patsies to line the win column with, drop to an 8 game conference schedule, play 1 P5 non conference opponent, 2 G5 non conference opponents, and an FCS opponent just like SEC and ACC - the only 2 conferences to not miss the playoffs.

If they don’t want them to be complete patsies like when the B10 brought in Rutgers, then grab 2 of the better G5 programs like Cincy and Memphis.

The time to do that will be when the end of the tv contract is near and if it appears that we will not be renewed/picked up. None of the schools will want the pie to be sliced two more ways and I look forward to Oklahoma and Texas making a visit every other year to Morgantown, which you wouldn't have with two divisions and that silly locked-in rivalry game that the ACC does. So, I hear what you are saying but the only way that I see that happening is if it looks like the Big 12 in its current configuration is about to break up and you propose adding two humpties in a desperate, hail-mary type plea. We thought we would need 12 to play a championship game and the petition allowed us to do it with only 10 which means fewer mouths with the added money of the championship game. At this point, I really don't see how conference expansion is even a topic of realistic discussion.

Matters the school and how everything happens in the other conferences.

The Big 12's plan it seems is hope that Texas and Oklahoma raise the ceiling and one or two schools can get to that level.
This is what ended up happening with the Big 12 South.
Oklahoma State was Top 5 in 2011 and after the breakup Baylor became a Top 10 team.
This isn't even mentioning TCU.

Basketball....
Most of that money goes to the NCAA. But the conference is considered the toughest in the country.
You aren't going to get through it without taking 2-3 losses and sometimes 4-5

The time to do that will be when the end of the tv contract is near and if it appears that we will not be renewed/picked up. None of the schools will want the pie to be sliced two more ways and I look forward to Oklahoma and Texas making a visit every other year to Morgantown, which you wouldn't have with two divisions and that silly locked-in rivalry game that the ACC does. So, I hear what you are saying but the only way that I see that happening is if it looks like the Big 12 in its current configuration is about to break up and you propose adding two humpties in a desperate, hail-mary type plea. We thought we would need 12 to play a championship game and the petition allowed us to do it with only 10 which means fewer mouths with the added money of the championship game. At this point, I really don't see how conference expansion is even a topic of realistic discussion.

I guess that all depends on whether you want your conference to win a championship or not. The formula has been laid out to win for everyone to see. If 9 conference games (which by the way would create more valuable content for networks resulting in more money for the conferences) was the path to success, the SEC would do it. The ACC is just trying to follow the SEC model and it is working for them too. Ohio State won the first playoff era title, but has now gone to the 9 conference game schedule with the rest of the B10, and they have missed the last two playoffs, and the B10 champion has missed the last 3.

Even if the playoffs expanded, unless there was a guarantee that each conference champ has to be selected - which is unlikely when you consider how that would have looked had Pitt won the ACC last season - you are going to see 2-3 SEC teams selected in an 8-team playoff. Last year the teams selected for the 5-8 spots if they took 8 would have been Georgia, Ohio State, LSU and Florida. So 50% of the playoffs would have come from the SEC.

NO 2-loss teams have made the playoffs. You don’t think the SEC’s scheduling practice helps cut down on the chance of getting a second or even a third loss?

I guess that all depends on whether you want your conference to win a championship or not. The formula has been laid out to win for everyone to see. If 9 conference games (which by the way would create more valuable content for networks resulting in more money for the conferences) was the path to success, the SEC would do it. The ACC is just trying to follow the SEC model and it is working for them too. Ohio State won the first playoff era title, but has now gone to the 9 conference game schedule with the rest of the B10, and they have missed the last two playoffs, and the B10 champion has missed the last 3.

Even if the playoffs expanded, unless there was a guarantee that each conference champ has to be selected - which is unlikely when you consider how that would have looked had Pitt won the ACC last season - you are going to see 2-3 SEC teams selected in an 8-team playoff. Last year the teams selected for the 5-8 spots if they took 8 would have been Georgia, Ohio State, LSU and Florida. So 50% of the playoffs would have come from the SEC.

NO 2-loss teams have made the playoffs. You don’t think the SEC’s scheduling practice helps cut down on the chance of getting a second or even a third loss?

Show me the Big 12 schools who will take less if the money is split at least two more ways and this argument would have more merit.

Show me the Big 12 schools who will take less if the money is split at least two more ways and this argument would have more merit.

It is not my argument. It makes no difference to me if you agree or not. I stated the case that is out there for everyone to see. The plan for winning championships has been written. The SEC and ACC are making up the difference by appearing in the championship game, and winning it. The SEC can demand more money because they are winning championships.

In addition, there is a clause that states if the B12 expands, it increases the payout of the TV contract. Surely you remember the auditions the B12 held for expansion candidates a few years ago. They stated publicly they were looking at expanding because of the clause, but negotiated with TV partners and essentially agreed not to expand because the TV partners were unhappy that they were contractually obligated to pay more if the B12 expanded. The B12 knew they would eventually have to negotiate new contracts and chose not to expand to maintain a good relationship with their TV partners.

Ratings determine money.

Adding weak teams dilutes the product and gives you more games that no wants to watch

My opinion is...Only way Big 12 will add 2 teams will be when the playoffs increase to 8 teams.

It is about money more than competition.
Adding more teams that don't increase the bottom the line to a point that teams are still making the same amount of money or more won't happen.
Not going to add teams that take revenue away. No reason to.

The obvious direction UT wants to head is East more than West.
This is why you most likely see something with the ACC. This benefits Texas and it benefits ESPN. They want to push the B1G out of the way and have two conferences in the South they control.

As you see Texas has a large presence from Charlotte NC up to the Northeast.

It is not my argument. It makes no difference to me if you agree or not. I stated the case that is out there for everyone to see. The plan for winning championships has been written. The SEC and ACC are making up the difference by appearing in the championship game, and winning it. The SEC can demand more money because they are winning championships.

In addition, there is a clause that states if the B12 expands, it increases the payout of the TV contract. Surely you remember the auditions the B12 held for expansion candidates a few years ago. They stated publicly they were looking at expanding because of the clause, but negotiated with TV partners and essentially agreed not to expand because the TV partners were unhappy that they were contractually obligated to pay more if the B12 expanded. The B12 knew they would eventually have to negotiate new contracts and chose not to expand to maintain a good relationship with their TV partners.

Moron...we flirted with this a couple of seasons ago and it was backchanneled to the league not to do this as it would certainly mean no extension of the tv contract at the end of the deal. So, you add these teams if you are 100% sure that your contract is NOT going to be extended/or get a new deal as the schools we were adding did not move the needle/give the TV execs wood. As far as your formula shtick is concerned, the SEC is an animal unto itself and do not attempt to call what they do a "formula". They could contract to 8 teams and then you would say that was all the rage and we should follow suit. As far as the ACC goes, Clemson is the top dog and there is NOBODY even close at the moment. Not only is Clemson very good but they are getting SEC d-lineman in droves so...once again, this point is stupid as Clemson would thrive in any "formula", even ours. So to recap, don't try to copy the SEC because they have talent, coaching, players and a fanbase that every other conference cannot compete with most years and Clemson is so far ahead of the rest of the ACC that they would win no matter they were, including the Big 12. Besides, when Oklahoma stops choking and actually does something in the CFP, nonsense like what you are spewing would cease immediately. The problem lies more with Oklahoma choking and Texas never being "back" as they like to say than it does with a 10 team league where the money is great and we play everyone year in and out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT