ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING UPDATE Caught up with top RB target

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007

Dallas (Ga.) East Paulding running back Justin Williams didn't really beat around the bush when he told me that his visit to West Virginia was his best official visit and he's really impressed with the Mountaineers football program. West Virginia was one of three official visits he took in June with Nebraska and Louisville being the others and he was blown away by the hospitality of the coaching staff, the environment on campus and the way that he could get on the field early in the offense. Running backs coach Chad Scott is the lead recruiter here but he also has been in touch with several others and they have been in constant contact letting him know that he is a priority while always checking in on his family as well. What's interesting is that Williams also told me he has been talking with Nicco Marchiol, Mumu Bin-Wahad and Corbin Page a lot about the school and that's important to him because he likes the idea of playing with guys he has connections with at the next level. The biggest question for Williams right now is how he will approach the rest of the process. He told me he is considering taking official visits in the fall to perhaps Mississippi and Missouri, but is keeping an open mind and understands that schools are filling up on spots as well. It's something he plans to discuss with his family in the coming weeks but right now he isn't sure how he wants to approach things moving forward. Ultimately when he does make a decision it will come down to the place he has the best feeling at and where he can play early as well as where he would be happiest. He told me that right now he definitely plans on coming back to Morgantown and perhaps Nebraska for a game this fall.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News