ADVERTISEMENT

Casteel Interview

Volatility

Senior
Jun 27, 2018
Charleston WV
www.equitysciences.com
The word on the street is that Brown interviewed Jeff Casteel for the Linebackers vacancy.. As long as the 3-3-5 is kept a side package and not the base package, that may be a good hire. A lot of experience, and Jeff was a decent recruiter & evaluate talent well... As many years as he coached on both East & West, it may open up new recruiting zones as well, I would think he developed a few relationships during his time in AR, in addition to his previous time at WVU...

Curious how EERNATION feels about this candidate... I hope Brown interviews a few candidates of quality, to see which brings the most to the table, and select the best, no matter of previous stints at WVU... That said, I like that Brown is pursuing candidates with a lot of coaching exp, with a diverse background from current DC.. That increases diversity+perspective, and may help reduce defensive predictability.

I am not a fan of his philosophy on D. Too much bend but don’t break. Too much sub 6, Drop 8 on 3rd down & long and let that drive continue.

it was similar to but not as bad of a head ache (migraine) as one of eras where everyone would say “well it’s 3rd and Perlo.”

It’s ok. casteel is sharp. But, I hope we go with someone a bit younger. Need all the recruiting help we can get. Someone with more ties to FL, or DMV or Ga who can relate to kids in the social media era.

go
The word on the street is that Brown interviewed Jeff Casteel for the Linebackers vacancy.. As long as the 3-3-5 is kept a side package and not the base package, that may be a good hire. A lot of experience, and Jeff was a decent recruiter & evaluate talent well... As many years as he coached on both East & West, it may open up new recruiting zones as well, I would think he developed a few relationships during his time in AR, in addition to his previous time at WVU...

Curious how EERNATION feels about this candidate... I hope Brown interviews a few candidates of quality, to see which brings the most to the table, and select the best, no matter of previous stints at WVU... That said, I like that Brown is pursuing candidates with a lot of coaching exp, with a diverse background from current DC.. That increases diversity+perspective, and may help reduce defensive predictability.

Reactions: Volatility
I am not a fan of his philosophy on D. Too much bend but don’t break. Too much sub 6, Drop 8 on 3rd down & long and let that drive continue.

it was similar to but not as bad of a head ache (migraine) as one of eras where everyone would say “well it’s 3rd and Perlo.”

Jesus, way to bring back bad memories.

Jesus, way to bring back bad memories.

there was a punter I went to school with who was a Civil Engineering Major that said that was the saying heard most on the sidelines. It’s Always stuck with me. He always said the guy was outstanding as a freshman but then it got worse.

EVERY defense has its flaws and strong points. The 3-3-5 worked for WVU for a long time. Creative minds adjust. Just check out Nick Saban. If he becomes a WVU coach again then he's my choice. If not, then whoever gets the job is my choice. I prefer thumbs-up to the middle finger. It makes for a healthier more enjoyable life. At 87 and playing 160 rounds of golf a year I am living proof of that.

Reactions: Volatility
there was a punter I went to school with who was a Civil Engineering Major that said that was the saying heard most on the sidelines. It’s Always stuck with me. He always said the guy was outstanding as a freshman but then it got worse.
You can still smell the burning smell from David Boston frying him in 97

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT