ADVERTISEMENT

WVU Release Carter scores 25 in WVU win

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007
Carter Scores 25 in WVU Win

NASSAU, Bahamas (August 12, 2015) – Jevon Carter scored 25 points and West Virginia forced 47 turnovers as the Mountaineers won their second game in the Bahamas, 109-62, over the Atlantis All-Stars Wednesday night at the Kendal Isaacs Gymnasium in Nassau, Bahamas.

Carter was 9-of-12 from the field, including 4-of-7 from 3-point range his game-high total. The sophomore guard also had a game-high eight steals with WVU recording 34 for the evening.

After two games, West Virginia has registered 77 steals and has forced 102 turnovers.

WVU led 18-11 after the first quarter before taking a 57-27 lead at halftime. After three quarters, WVU led 83-43.

Twelve Mountaineers scored tonight, including five in double figures. After Carter’s 25 points, James Bolden had 16, Tarik Phillip had 12 and Esa Ahmad and Devin Williams had 10 each. Other scorers were Jaysean Paige (8), Lamont West (8), Daxter Miles Jr. (5), Jonathan Holton (4), Richard Romeo (4), Elijah Macon (4) and James Long (3).

“This wasn’t one of our better performances,” said coach Bob Huggins. “I think we missed six dunks in the first half and threw the ball around too much. I think the positive thing is that we played hard and continue to play through some things. We didn’t get a kind whistle and we learned to play through that. I think those things are helpful for us.”

The Mountaineers will close out their summer exhibition tour of the Bahamas on Thursday against the CTG Knights.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT