ADVERTISEMENT

Can't say Dana didn't try

TownesVanZandt

All-Conference
Aug 19, 2018
WV was about the National average with their offers.
Better yet at least they don't look like Tennessee who will whistle at anything that moves.

Reactions: JWG66
Offers are one thing (and DH is under the national average - no excuse) but compound that with failure to sign and failure to develop and retain and you have one piss poor HC.

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
That is actually a good thing.

WV will never be a school that can only offer 100 players and they don't have to because they don't have the admission standards of Northwestern or Stanford.

But....

Tennessee is not really evaluating players.
They are throwing offers out there nationally.

Having 400 offers to me is a sign your coaching staff is either brand new like in the case of Florida
Or has no idea what it was doing like with Louisville

That is actually a good thing.

WV will never be a school that can only offer 100 players and they don't have to because they don't have the admission standards of Northwestern or Stanford.

But....

Tennessee is not really evaluating players.
They are throwing offers out there nationally.

Having 400 offers to me is a sign your coaching staff is either brand new like in the case of Florida
Or has no idea what it was doing like with Louisville
STFU

Root has inspired to be the biggest troll on this board.
I mean Root and his 100 alters.

The question really is....Would that make mama proud.
I doubt it.
Think Root should inspire to be something that would bring pride to his mama.
Maybe it does. You never know with Yinzers. They aren't the classiest of people.

I’m honestly pretty happy with this class. It has the potential to turn our secondary into a force and adds solid receiver depth to the big class of them we had last year. A low number of early signees at his point just means we’re flexible and able to recieve any transfer we want without worrying about the bullshit 25 rule.

Root has inspired to be the biggest troll on this board.
I mean Root and his 100 alters.

The question really is....Would that make mama proud.
I doubt it.
Think Root should inspire to be something that would bring pride to his mama.
Maybe it does. You never know with Yinzers. They aren't the classiest of people.

You try soooooooooooooooooo hard....but....still fall short. Your posts and thought process do provide comedy relief however. That is why you say what you do isn't it there FakeTexasDude? BTW: your mom is calling. Your snack is ready. lol

You try soooooooooooooooooo hard....but....still fall short. Your posts and thought process do provide comedy relief however. That is why you say what you do isn't it there FakeTexasDude? BTW: your mom is calling. Your snack is ready. lol

You know why....
Because you are a POS.
You add nothing to this board. You attack players, coaches, other posters and ultimately yourself.
Unlike others I am not afraid to call you out on your shit.

Just be real with yourself...

You don't particularly care for WV....
We all already know this.

If you do then stop acting like a troll...
Maybe that is just who you are because no one pays attention to you in society

I am not afraid to get in the mud....
Look at your posting history.
Like I have said you inspire to be this.

If not you wouldn't be defending yourself.

Pretty good posting history and numbers...how are yours lol?

Don't have to defend myself...but it is amusing to play with your mind there FakeTexasDude. Keep the comments coming!

Pretty good posting history and numbers...how are yours lol?

Don't have to defend myself...but it is amusing to play with your mind there FakeTexasDude. Keep the comments coming!

Just as long as I keep you occupied with this you won't be trashing the board

Reactions: WB67hawk
People don't want to post here...
Because you and your other accounts have made this a hostile board.
Anyone who says anything remotely positive is labeled a Homer.

It's a simple message board. If the old heads and everyone else wants to be snowflakes and can't handle a board that tells some honest truths and doesn't just blindly support anything WVU does, then they don't need to be here or post. The true posters who had backbones left this board because the old heads/snowflakes and the blind supporters cried enough to get them banned or they just made the board unbearable.

It's a simple message board. If the old heads and everyone else wants to be snowflakes and can't handle a board that tells some honest truths and doesn't just blindly support anything WVU does, then they don't need to be here or post. The true posters who had backbones left this board because the old heads/snowflakes and the blind supporters cried enough to get them banned or they just made the board unbearable.

How about people who blindly attack everything WV does....
Isn't it the same reasoning.
You are promoting that this message board should be filled with people who are negative 100% of the time...
You may see it different but Rootmaster/GregJacobs and all the other alters are here to attack WV...
Hence the name Rootmaster...
He has his roots firmly planted on this board.

Reactions: ChattanoogaEER
WV was about the National average with their offers.
Better yet at least they don't look like Tennessee who will whistle at anything that moves.

225 offers, and that's not even middle of the pack. And only 25 scholarships per year, on average. So there's about 9 offers for each scholarship awarded. Looks like everyone is just throwing the offers against the wall and hoping 25 of them stick. Look, WVU can offer a kid that Alabama offers till the cows come home, and it's nothing more than making a wish upon a star.

As usual, I go by what I see on Mountaineer Field or TV. The 2018 season was pretty damn good watching for me.

I can't wait to get another Grier!

What's wrong with offering a ton of players? I'd offer every 5 star recruit and every 4 star recruit and then start getting realistic with the 3 star guys I recruit.

All that counts is the players you get.
I'll leave that up to the WVU coaches.
So I'm the only one who thinks it's odd that coaches making the offers know that 8 out of 9 can't be accepted by the school? It's like telling 9 candidates that you really like their resume and will call them tomorrow, but never do for 8 of them.
It's the lay of the land, so it's not on one school. But it is a charade any way you slice it.

What's wrong with offering a ton of players? I'd offer every 5 star recruit and every 4 star recruit and then start getting realistic with the 3 star guys I recruit.
I think if you did that with areas of true need you'd have a good strategy. So if you need LBs, throw the 5-4-3 star guys offers and work them from the bottom up, couldn't hurt. Be more selective in other areas. If we did that with QBs imagine what we COULD have. I don't want to see WVU with offer numbers like UT or UL, but Bama-like numbers couldn't hurt either.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT