ADVERTISEMENT

Can you guys get this guy

Last night nobody asked but he brought it up. Need me to provide the link after the game?
They absolutely asked him about it. Geez, google the interview and watch for yourself. The guy asking the question said something like, you've stated you want to play West Virginia every year, and what is keeping it from occurring. Watch it on video. It was like the last question.

They absolutely asked him about it. Geez, google the interview and watch for yourself. The guy asking the question said something like, you've stated you want to play West Virginia every year, and what is keeping it from occurring. Watch it on video. It was like the last question.

No, he (D'Antoni) started offering his opinion and then he (D'Antoni) opened it up for the Charleston Gazette guy to ask the question. He had already started sticking his damn foot in his nasty mouth.

I wish the last question would have been if D'antoni still thinks WVU is afraid of Marshall.

No, he (D'Antoni) started offering his opinion and then he (D'Antoni) opened it up for the Charleston Gazette guy to ask the question. He had already started sticking his damn foot in his nasty mouth.
Sticking his foot in his mouth? Damn, here's the transcript. You truly are a whiny little bitching liberal.

Q. Looked like at times you couldn't catch a break. You had the injury, people slipping on the floor, you know, unforced?
DAN D'ANTONI: We didn't play well. We didn't play as hard as we're going to have to play. Listen, you gotta give them credit. They're tough. We're not used to it, but I'll say this: The game that we play should be played all the time. We would be better. It's better for West Virginia. Nobody lost this game. We won. We had the passion of West Virginia people there, passion of Marshall people there. That's what life is about. We came up on the short end. We're not going to always be at the short end. We were a lot shorter on the real short end about four years ago. We climbing up that rope. We're going to climb. Those boys will be back in the gym in two weeks.

Then you gotta give Carter his due. Thank goodness he's graduating. I don't have to face him again. He's really, really good. But I'm proud of our team. I'm proud of our fans. I'm proud of where we are. I'm proud of my staff, and you learn. You get better. It's a basketball game. It ain't life. It's basketball. We're going to get better. How many teams are playing now? 16 in the top round? 16. I remember playing in the top 200, so you know what? It ain't bad getting to the top 16. Nobody is a loser once you make this NCAA Tournament. They're all good teams.

Q. You mentioned that this game should happen every year. What in your mind is holding it back from happening every year?
DAN D'ANTONI: You know what's holding it back? I'm not going to, I'll play, I'm not going to go up there, though. We have a good program. We made the NCAA Tournament. We made the first round win. We're a legit program. So play us. It's that simple. Whatever reasons they have, I don't know. Maybe they have a good reason. I don't see it, but maybe they do. Maybe they do.

At the 18 minute mark he says he wants to go home. Then Doug Smock might have a question and Dan said okay, you can ask me the hard question like should we play West Virginia every year......

Everyone was ready to go home until Dan decided to stay on this topic and bring it up again. Then yes, the next question after Smock was about the series because obviously ole Dan wanted to continue whining about it.

...........We have a good program. We made the NCAA Tournament. We made the first round win. We're a legit program. So play us. It's that simple..............

One win in the NCAA tournament and Dan thinks Marshall is a blue blood........

Sticking his foot in his mouth? Damn, here's the transcript. You truly are a whiny little bitching liberal.

Q. Looked like at times you couldn't catch a break. You had the injury, people slipping on the floor, you know, unforced?
DAN D'ANTONI: We didn't play well. We didn't play as hard as we're going to have to play. Listen, you gotta give them credit. They're tough. We're not used to it, but I'll say this: The game that we play should be played all the time. We would be better. It's better for West Virginia. Nobody lost this game. We won. We had the passion of West Virginia people there, passion of Marshall people there. That's what life is about. We came up on the short end. We're not going to always be at the short end. We were a lot shorter on the real short end about four years ago. We climbing up that rope. We're going to climb. Those boys will be back in the gym in two weeks.

Then you gotta give Carter his due. Thank goodness he's graduating. I don't have to face him again. He's really, really good. But I'm proud of our team. I'm proud of our fans. I'm proud of where we are. I'm proud of my staff, and you learn. You get better. It's a basketball game. It ain't life. It's basketball. We're going to get better. How many teams are playing now? 16 in the top round? 16. I remember playing in the top 200, so you know what? It ain't bad getting to the top 16. Nobody is a loser once you make this NCAA Tournament. They're all good teams.

Q. You mentioned that this game should happen every year. What in your mind is holding it back from happening every year?
DAN D'ANTONI: You know what's holding it back? I'm not going to, I'll play, I'm not going to go up there, though. We have a good program. We made the NCAA Tournament. We made the first round win. We're a legit program. So play us. It's that simple. Whatever reasons they have, I don't know. Maybe they have a good reason. I don't see it, but maybe they do. Maybe they do.

Go to the transcript portion where Dan says is that it? I'm ready to go home. And he's like Doug? You can ask the tough question like should we play WV every year? Nobody was asking until Dan decided to put it out there again.

Dan play reporter and coach. LOL Poor Dan. Keep climbing that rope Danny boy.

At the 18 minute mark he says he wants to go home. Then Doug Smock might have a question and Dan said okay, you can ask me the hard question like should we play West Virginia every year......

Dan had to bait the reporters into asking the question, no doubt about it.

Reactions: Stone_Cold

Here is the video, watch for yourself. Jump to the 18:00 mark.

Link proving he “wants them to ask.”
You're wasting your time with these crybabies. They have no rivals anymore, and this is the reason why. Hell, Pitt won't even have anything to do with them anymore. WVU reminds me of the fat bully that runs his mouth on the playground, and when someone punches back, he pouts, and runs home to mommy to bitch about it.

Reactions: Marine03
Link proving he “wants them to ask.”

CR89 linked the video and told you which portion of it to watch, but apparently it's not what you want to hear. If you need more specifics FF to the 18:17 mark where Dan force feeds them the question he wanted asked. "you can ask me the hard question, I don't care." None of the reporters bit. So Dan continued "Should we play West Virginia ? Is that what you want to ask ?" No one asked but him................

You're wasting your time with these crybabies. They have no rivals anymore, and this is the reason why. Hell, Pitt won't even have anything to do with them anymore. WVU reminds me of the fat bully that runs his mouth on the playground, and when someone punches back, he pouts, and runs home to mommy to bitch about it.
We played Pitt this year.

I don’t see it that way, that questions been asked so many times I think he knew it was coming and beat them to the punch.
Everyone ready to go home. Nobody asking any additional questions until dan starts talking. Got it.

It's ok to say thanks and leave

Reactions: countryroads89
I don’t see it that way, that questions been asked so many times I think he knew it was coming and beat them to the punch.
Exactly, as he obviously saw the wvu presser from two nights earlier. But, these boys are whiney babies, so Coach Dan hurts their itty-bitty feelings whenever he speaks. Once upon a time, some of the guys that post here had a sack. Not so anymore.

Get over it, it’s not that big of a deal
We didnt ask for any of it. Marshall gets 1 tourney in 30 years and spend the whole weekend trying to convince the nation that WVU is afraid to play them. WVU spent 2 hours last night disproving that theory. There is nothing to get over. Congrats on your guys tourney run it was fun to watch.

Reactions: Stone_Cold

And who exactly punched us in the mouth? It certainly wasn't that JV squad we met up against last night.

Marshall coaches, admin, and fans telling WVU who they should schedule and how to run its athletic department. HAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Because it's more exciting to play Marshall in basketball, than say, Morgan State or Marist. Because it's more exciting to play Marshall in football, than say, Delaware State or Youngstown State. Seemed to me the state of WV was more fired up over this basketball tilt than you were against a higher seeded Murray State squad.

Actually it's not. It's the exact same thing from our point of view.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT