ADVERTISEMENT

Can someone explain the nuanced differences

By the way, all I said was Nixon wasn't liked by the media. Did you ever hear one of Nixon's press conferences? Were you even born then? I never brought Trump into the conversation, you did.

I've heard his press conferences, I was born then.

Forgive my fragmented sentences. Didn't think I would be graded on English. Just trying to communicate - if you miss the meaning, request me to exaggerate.

I do remember tapes were requested - no problem

Never a question tapes revealed Nixon participation in cover up. WAS THERE EVER PROOF OF HIM PARTICIPATING IN THE WATERGATE BREAK-IN OR PLANNING OF SAME? - That was the problem raised by me.

You are now introducing the possibility that Nixon was a crook. Are you attempting to obfuscate just a bit on what was being discussed? I have not heard that mentioned previously in our discussion, but you want to rabbit hunt to change the focus on - WAS THERE EVER PROOF OF NIXON PARTICIPATING IN PLANNING OF WATERGATE BREAK-IN? Why do you need to cloud issues by straying to other subjects?

That was the same tactic you attempted on Born, and he broke off the discussion, too.
There's more than the possibility of Nixon being a crook, he was one. He was going to be impeached (charged with crimes) so he resigned the office. Why would he resign if he was innocent of any wrong doing? He was a crook, deal with it.

Do you remember Dan Rather getting some applause, my how times have changed, and Nixon asking if he was running for office? Rather smugly replied,"No, are you?" And you think that the media likes conservatives.Not on NBC, ABC or CBS and that's all you had back then. What year were you born?

There's more than the possibility of Nixon being a crook, he was one. He was going to be impeached (charged with crimes) so he resigned the office. Why would he resign if he was innocent of any wrong doing? He was a crook, deal with it.

As someone who voted for Nixon, I was extremely upset with his actions. Was he quilty, yes. I am still disappointed in his actions.

What is this naive shit that you speak of? Why bring up the media regarding Nixon? Obviously the media had a hot story to follow. It's not every day that the Prez resigns.
Thanks for making my point. No use trying to explain anything to you.

Thanks for making my point. No use trying to explain anything to you.
Are you in the right thread? Your only hope is that someone else will make a point for you (and I didn't) as you can't seem to make one for yourself. Remind me, did you have a point?

As someone who voted for Nixon, I was extremely upset with his actions. Was he quilty, yes. I am still disappointed in his actions.
I too was upset. How could anyone who supported him not be upset. We busted our collective asses working in the house and on the grounds. The results were never in doubt. I am sure Clinton's used all of his farewell addresses in a WHAT NOT TO DO TUTORIAL. He was a very smart man who believed in the Constitution and our Republic.

What would have happened if he would have destroyed the tapes, and answered "I don't recall" to all questions?

A little humorous side note. My cousin and college roommate was pretty well boozed when he watched news of Nixon retirement. He threw his cocktail through his TV set.

If you were born then.......how could you possibly remember his press conferece
[pfftt] I know die-hard Democrats that voted for Nixon. Stop with the media bias bullshit. You sound like poor little Donnie. The system is rigged, if he doesn't win it's becuase the system is rigged or voter fraud, the media hates him, nothing is his fault. [crying]
I also know die hard Republicans that voted for Bill Clinton. Even though I don't consider myself a die hard Republican....I voted for Bill Clinton. I also will vote for Jim Justice instead of the Repub. Gee.....let me guess what your reply will be on that one. I also HAVE NEVER said the system is rigged. As research has shown,the majority of the media is liberal. Hell...... I bet that many people like yourself actually believe that Nixon was responsible for the Nam war.

At least someone gets it, shew.

That's why I have a hard time with liberals. They think they can do anything they want. Bill Clinton wasn't impeached because of sex, he was impeached because he lied in a deposition about a sexual assault case. HRC has used her position as SOS to get money for the Clinton Foundation, had people resign from State and go work for her at the Foundation, Cheryl Mills, so they can use attorney/client priviledge. She's dirtier than Nixon for sure.

If you were born then.......how could you possibly remember his press conferece

I also know die hard Republicans that voted for Bill Clinton. Even though I don't consider myself a die hard Republican....I voted for Bill Clinton. I also will vote for Jim Justice instead of the Repub. Gee.....let me guess what your reply will be on that one. I also HAVE NEVER said the system is rigged. As research has shown,the majority of the media is liberal. Hell...... I bet that many people like yourself actually believe that Nixon was responsible for the Nam war.

I guess Mr Justice doesn't owe you money![roll]

That's why I have a hard time with liberals. They think they can do anything they want. Bill Clinton wasn't impeached because of sex, he was impeached because he lied in a deposition about a sexual assault case. HRC has used her position as SOS to get money for the Clinton Foundation, had people resign from State and go work for her at the Foundation, Cheryl Mills, so they can use attorney/client priviledge. She dirtier than Nixon for sure.
You're wasting your time pointing out facts to these dunces.

I guess Mr Justice doesn't owe you money![roll]
None that I know of. The fact that I believe he has the best chance to get my state moving in the right direction is why I will vote for him. I'll let the courts decide the other stuff.

Reactions: Airport
I too was upset. How could anyone who supported him not be upset. We busted our collective asses working in the house and on the grounds. The results were never in doubt. I am sure Clinton's used all of his farewell addresses in a WHAT NOT TO DO TUTORIAL. He was a very smart man who believed in the Constitution and our Republic.

What would have happened if he would have destroyed the tapes, and answered "I don't recall" to all questions?

A little humorous side note. My cousin and college roommate was pretty well boozed when he watched news of Nixon retirement. He threw his cocktail through his TV set.

Wasn't one o the contentious items was 13 minutes of erased tape? how would 33,000 erased emails and all the other stuff that HRC has done, gone over compared to then?

You're wasting your time pointing out facts to these dunces.
One can always hope that when you are man enough to admit somebody you voted for was not on the up and up, that they will be honest enough to admit it too. It won't matter, HRC will win, anyway. Just like Nixon would have won.

None that I know of. The fact that I believe he has the best chance to get my state moving in the right direction is why I will vote for him. I'll let the courts decide the other stuff.
I stll havn't met the people down the street. They bought one our favorite neighbors house

As research has shown,the majority of the media is liberal.

Actually, you're wrong again...as usual.
CEO of Comcast (owns NBC) Steve Burke, he's Roman Catholic
CEO of Time Warner (owns CNN) Jeff Bewkes, not enough public info to say he leans one way or the other
CEO of ABC and CBS are both of the Jewish faith
CEO of the Washington Post, Fred Ryan, Republican
Fox News Rupert Murdoch
Wall Street Journal Rupert Murdoch
News Corp Rupert Murdoch
NY Post Rupert Murdoch

BTW, ole Rupert has been married 4 times. How's that for good old family values.

One can always hope that when you are man enough to admit somebody you voted for was not on the up and up, that they will be honest enough to admit it too. It won't matter, HRC will win, anyway. Just like Nixon would have won.
I know I will have to eat crow on my prediction that Trump would win. I just never expected his gaffs and the media and Republican establishment onslaught against him that we have seen.

I know I will have to eat crow on my prediction that Trump would win. I just never expected his gaffs and the media and Republican establishment onslaught against him that we have seen.

Still think he'll "mop the floor" with Hillary in the debates?

CEO of Time Warner (owns CNN) Jeff Bewkes, not enough public info to say he leans one way or the other
Fox News Rupert Murdoch
News Corp Rupert Murdoch
NY Post Rupert Murdoch

BTW, ole Rupert has been married 4 times. How's that for good old family values.
So being a Roman Catholic and Jewish means your automatically a Republican? Damn, for one who cries about stereotypes, you just used a spray gun with that analysis.

Fox News Rupert Murdoch
News Corp Rupert Murdoch
NY Post Rupert Murdoch

That some bad shit you are smoking today.....You telling us that Roman Catholics and those of the Jewish cannot be liberals? As I correctly stated, the research shows us that the majority of the media is liberal. Even some of my more enlightened Liberal friends on this board have agreed. Whats up with you wacko family values nonsense. You have NEVER heard me utter a single reference to "family values" since I have been on here.

That some bad shit you are smoking today.....You telling us that Roman Catholics and those of the Jewish cannot be liberals? As I correctly stated, the research shows us that the majority of the media is liberal. Even some of my more enlightened Liberal friends on this board have agreed. Whats up with you wacko family values nonsense. You have NEVER heard me utter a single reference to "family values" since I have been on here.

Did I ever say that being Roman Catholic or Jewish means you're automatically conservative? No. But typically, Roman Catholics are conservative. I listed all of the media owned by Rupert Murdoch. He owns quite a bit of media and he espouses typical conservative values, you know the ones that include religion and family values....except he doesn't like to practice them seeing how he has been married four times....yes, a hypocrite. And in the other link I posted the other day, I showed where Sean Hannity reported an outright lie about "little hands" Donnie having his plane rescue some Marines. So, I guess lying is now a family value too....along with illegal wire tapping, you know, the kind of stuff Murdoch likes to do.

Did I ever say that being Roman Catholic or Jewish means you're automatically conservative? No. But typically, Roman Catholics are conservative. I listed all of the media owned by Rupert Murdoch. He owns quite a bit of media and he espouses typical conservative values, you know the ones that include religion and family values....except he doesn't like to practice them seeing how he has been married four times....yes, a hypocrite. And in the other link I posted the other day, I showed where Sean Hannity reported an outright lie about "little hands" Donnie having his plane rescue some Marines. So, I guess lying is now a family value too....along with illegal wire tapping, you know, the kind of stuff Murdoch likes to do.
Nice try but I'm not buying. You tried to counter with Roman Catholic and Jewish identify as mostly conservatives. Totally wrong .....THE DATA shows that those two groups are OVERWHELMINGLY Democratic. Pew research shows that “Jews are among the most strongly liberal, Democratic groups in U.S. politics,” the Pew report said. “There are more than twice as many self-identified Jewish liberals as conservatives, while among the general public, this balance is nearly reversed. In addition, about seven-in-ten Jews identify with or lean toward the Democratic Party. The National Catholic Reporter data shows that 57 percent of Catholics affiliate with the Democrats and 40 percent with the Republicans. The Pew Center also has some very interesting data regarding just how conservative Catholics are....... " out with the old....in with the new".

Last edited:
Still think he'll "mop the floor" with Hillary in the debates?
I will concede that the Bit*h will likely be the next POTUS. Trump may still "mop the floor" with her but many won't see it that way. You should be happy......you will get what you wanted.

I will concede that the Bit*h will likely be the next POTUS. Trump may still "mop the floor" with her but many won't see it that way. You should be happy......you will get what you wanted.

That's not what I wanted, I felt the Bern. I'm glad you are smart enough to realize it's already over.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT