ADVERTISEMENT

Bucky Waters turns 80

Wow does time fly! When I was at WVU going to J-school and working on the DA, Coach Waters befriended me and took me with him when signing some recruits...giving me, a young student reporter, the opportunity to break the stories and get them on the national "wire." Treated all I knew with respect.

It's going to be rough day in the Great Beyond. My old man and his buddies have been boiling the tar and getting the feathers ready for Bucky's arrival for decades. Bucky taking the Duke job sent half of them to an early grave.

Yes, it was. However, you would've have never convinced the Ol' Man of that. Waters and Bobby Bowden were Public Enemies #1 and #2 on his list until Rich jumped them to claim to the top spot in 2007.

Just mentioning Bucky could set Dad off on a 20 minute rant when he was in his prime.

Interesting that you mention Bobby Bowden also. He was the next door neighbor to my mother and father in law and a member of the same church. He would have stayed at WVU if folks would not have essentially run him off...unlike RR.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT