ADVERTISEMENT

WVSPORTS.COM Brown ready for future schedules at West Virginia

Makes no sense not to play Cincinnati and UCF every year. Why do we have to play Houston on the road again in 2025? We played there this year. Ridiculous.

Even with only three East teams could still do four four team pods. Wouldn't be perfect but would create scheduling consistency. Or two eight team divisions would work.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Need to quit bitching about travel. In today's environment, all major conferences have travel issues. Quit making excuses with negative BS and focus on what is controllable.

Edit: I'm talking about the coach and anyone affiliated with the program to quit bitching. Fans and fake fans will bitch regardless of issue and I couldn't care less what the fanbase says on the subject.

Reactions: Rootmaster
Need to quit bitching about travel. In today's environment, all major conferences have travel issues. Quit making excuses with negative BS and focus on what is controllable.

Edit: I'm talking about the coach and anyone affiliated with the program to quit bitching. Fans and fake fans will bitch regardless of issue and I couldn't care less what the fanbase says on the subject.
No one was bitching, he was asked and made very good points. It's easy for you to sit and tell coaches what they should deal with when you don't have to deal with it yourself. Why anyone can't understand that travel isn't ideal is beyond me.

• Angry
Reactions: WVUFanForever
No one was bitching, he was asked and made very good points. It's easy for you to sit and tell coaches what they should deal with when you don't have to deal with it yourself. Why anyone can't understand that travel isn't ideal is beyond me.
I've seen plenty of bitching and belly-aching in the past, ever since joining the Big 12. I see Brown making comments and I wouldn't call his comments as bitching. I didn't say it was.

I rather see our programs including all personnel accept the conditions WVU has to endure being part of the Big 12. Focus on what is controllable. Is that too hard to understand?

Reactions: WVUFanForever

I don't think it has anything to do with a traveling argument. The rivalries could have been protected easily. This one division crap is old style Southern Conference BS scheduling from the 1920's - 1950's.

Big 12 failed to even protect some of it's oldest rivals. Iowa State's and Kansas State's “Farmageddon” rivalry — which has been played every year since 1917 — will no longer be annual. The Cyclones and Wildcats will play in 2024, 2025 and 2026 but not in 2027.

The Big 12 is home to some of the oldest rivalries in all of college football, but the conference will stop scheduling some of its most storied matchups annually when four new teams join the league next year.

The Kansas Jayhawks will also see their annual rivalry with the Cyclones go dark for a year in 2026. KU and ISU began playing each other all the way back in 1898 and have played just about every year since 1916.

The conference decided to only protect four annual rivalries between now and 2027. They are: Arizona and Arizona State, BYU and Utah, Baylor and TCU, plus K-State and KU.

That means classic matchups — such as Kansas and Oklahoma State, Texas Tech and TCU, Baylor and K-State and several others — will no longer be played every single year.

ACC and Big Ten, have put in a lot of work to protect some of their oldest rivalries in the wake of conference realignment. The Big 12 opted for a system that will protect only a few rivalries but allow all 16 teams to play every other team in the conference at least twice over the next four years.

I guess it all doesn't really matter anymore as SEC best and Big 10 best along with a small few from elsewhere will be leaving to form mini nfl.

ot: AZ lost two key players...starting RB and a CB that graded out as the best in it's league..Bama has had 25 players enter the portal since 1/3

ot: AZ lost two key players...starting RB and a CB that graded out as the best in it's league..Bama has had 25 players enter the portal since 1/3
Losing a coach now kills an entire team. We should be thankful they didn't allow these NIL and transfer portal things back when Rod took off to Michigan.

Ole Vern strikes again....its comical how you treat people on here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT