ADVERTISEMENT

Brown not playing chess today 11

You play with what you have. The last 4 games may allow something different.

Of course a coach is going to say that but we all know the guy had a terrible game. Even his successful players were great catches by the receivers. Perhaps he'll get better but right now he's playing very poorly.
I suspect Doege will be starting before the season ends.

OU brought in transfers for a reason.

He spent 2 years behind 2 Heisman winners and then OU brought in Jalen Hurts. I doubt the Sooners just wanted the competition or thought Hurts was only marginally better. Says the same thing about WVU and Allison when we brought Kendall in. Coaches dont see Kendall as the carry the team on his back type player. Doesn't mean he can't be part of a winning team, just needs a reliable running game and stout defense.

He spent 2 years behind 2 Heisman winners and then OU brought in Jalen Hurts. I doubt the Sooners just wanted the competition or thought Hurts was only marginally better. Says the same thing about WVU and Allison when we brought Kendall in. Coaches dont see Kendall as the carry the team on his back type player. Doesn't mean he can't be part of a winning team, just needs a reliable running game and stout defense.

I agree. Plus some better blocking WR and consistent with catching the ball.

Please explain how?

Just a small sample before QB blew up with the interceptions and was not playing that bad.
1) clock management at the end of the half, very questionable. better management maybe could have been closer for FG attempt.
2) inside the red zone 3rd down and 8 ran Brown for two yards then missed field goal,
3) inside red zone trailing by 7 points after Washington interception , 3rd and 8 threw a crossing pass to James for two yard gain.

Could these short passes have been a check off to another WR because all were covered or a poor route by the WR.

I believe clock management is over rated most of the time. Running plays effectively is sometimes better than a timeout giving the defense time to regroup or rest. If the WR get out of bounds instead of cutting inside then the clock stops. Had 1 timeout. Missed FG is poor special teams play. Not scoring a TD after the Texas turnover in the 3rd Quarter and had to settle for a FG was one of many killers.

We had no time to run longer routes which allowed the defense to jump on the short routes.

It all starts up front. But we ALL already know this.

Brown was a master poker player on Saturday trying to win a tournament starting with 7-2 off suit EVERY hand.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT