ADVERTISEMENT

WVU Release Brown announces suspensions

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (Sept. 12, 2020) – West Virginia University football coach Neal Brown has announced that 11 Mountaineer football players have been suspended for today’s Eastern Kentucky game for a violation for team rules.

The suspended players are T.J. Banks (TE/r-So.), Chase Behrndt (OL/r-Sr.), Zach Davis (OL/r-Sr.), Zack Dobson (WR/Jr.), Isaiah Esdale (WR/r-Jr.), JP Hadley (LS/r-So.), Mike O’Lauglin (TE/r-So.), T.J. Simmons (WR/r-Sr.), Tairiq Stewart (OL/Jr.), Junior Uzebu (OL/r-So.) and David Vincent-Okloli (CB/Fr.).

Awesome start to a new year! Let's see.........6 are Juniors or Seniors..........and 4 others have been in program for 2 years (this is 3rd).........Good grief.

Is Gee going to threaten an expulsion to these players for underage drinking in the locker rooms? These poor tuition paying students cant even assemble to drink yet the football team is allowed to in their big multi-million complex, while coaches and assistants turn a blind eye.

Is Gee going to threaten an expulsion to these players for underage drinking in the locker rooms? These poor tuition paying students cant even assemble to drink yet the football team is allowed to in their big multi-million complex, while coaches and assistants turn a blind eye.

So, you confirmed this was the incident? Or are you putting your neck out on the line with slanderous and libel gossip?

EDIT: If you hate WVU so much, please leave. Thanks.

So, you confirmed this was the incident? Or are you putting your neck out on the line with slanderous and libel gossip?

EDIT: If you hate WVU so much, please leave. Thanks.

pics were on twitter doofus. Go start working on your teacher planner for next week ;)

pics were on twitter doofus. Go start working on your teacher planner for next week ;)

Twitter? I'm an adult, social media isn't for me. How many people had to buzz for your assistance in the hospital while you were typing messages on here?

Lower drinking age - if you can get shot for your country ought to be able to have a beer. Know it's old thought but true nonetheless.

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
Lower drinking age - if you can get shot for your country ought to be able to have a beer. Know it's old thought but true nonetheless.

Fine with me...but drinking on campus, in campus buildings while performing university sponsored activities is a far different story. I mean, you dont drink on the job, do you?

Was Brown aware this was happening and only acted when it found its way to social media?

If these guys had one too many in locker room and then got behind a wheel and had a serious accident, guess where the liability is, beyond the driver?

Last edited:
There’s an old thumb rule that goes with doing stuff that’s against the rules. The first time you get punished for doing something that’s against the rules is rarely the first time you’ve done it.

If the Head coach and the coaching staff didn’t know it’s likely cause they didn’t want to know.

It really speaks more to what’s more important to those players and their focus, so Neal should get some more discipline with his players cause Eastern KY is only on the schedule once.

There’s an old thumb rule that goes with doing stuff that’s against the rules. The first time you get punished for doing something that’s against the rules is rarely the first time you’ve done it.

If the Head coach and the coaching staff didn’t know it’s likely cause they didn’t want to know.

It really speaks more to what’s more important to those players and their focus, so Neal should get some more discipline with his players cause Eastern KY is only on the schedule once.

I'm not upset with the players...young guys do stuff like that. They got punished, which seemed fair.

I just doubt Brown and staff didnt know this was happening, and just reacted when it got put on social media...and the fact they felt comfortable sharing it seems, odd.

If your going to get suspended then that was the game to do it.

I agree. The tobacco age should go back to 18 as well. The “war on drugs” has been a colossal failure.
My issue was just pointing out that WVU students can’t even gather in small groups to just watch the game and drink at the dorms or even outside or within the city of Morgantown without being punished. WVU severely punished more than a dozen students, yet no warning about expulsion will happen to the “student athletes“ other than being suspended against the worst opponent we’ve played since the Don Nehlen era. I just look at it as a, “good for thee but not for me” type situation.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT