ADVERTISEMENT

Bridgeport bs Jefferson Baseball

AllEers6

All-Conference
Sep 22, 2011
How good is Bridgeport this year?

I have not seen Jefferson but they play Moorefield Monday in a tune up game and plan to see for the first time. I’m told this Jefferson team is cocky and show boats a lot which is not normal for them.

I know they have one kid that hit 15 home runs but they seem to not have any one dominant player after that

thoughts?

Last edited:
How good is Bridgeport this year?

I have not seen Jefferson but they play Moorefield Monday in a tune up game and plan to see for the first time. I’m told this Jefferson team is cocky and show boats a lot which is not normal for them.

I know they have one kid that hit 15 home runs but they seem to not have any one dominant player after that
This from a baseball guy who has seen them.

You can’t let the big guy hurt you, after that Jeffersons lineup is not that concerning. For the most part there is no plate discipline by Jefferson. Veldez is a solid high school pitcher throwing low 80’s and hitting spots. The Rose kid only throws about 55 pct strikes. This is an interesting JHS team.
I feel like the juniors have carried this team at times. It will be interesting because Jefferson keeps finding ways to win.

Last edited:
Bridgeport can be their own worst enemy at times....seems like they can lose focus easily...but when you win that many games big a lot of runs it can happen.

The Indians dont have a weak spot in their line-up...1-9 can hit...and they have a solid pitching staff.

They don't have a true standout ace...but just kids that can do a great job on the mound.

Jefferson beat Bridgeport 6-1 in the regular season...one of their 3 losses.

Reactions: 5150
Jefferson used to dominate the state back in my day. Have not followed in a long time

Jefferson used to dominate the state back in my day. Have not followed in a long time
They are still one of the top programs in the state....three titles in the 2010s....but Hurricane and St. Albans have owned AAA the last three years.

Bridgeport can be their own worst enemy at times....seems like they can lose focus easily...but when you win that many games big a lot of runs it can happen.

The Indians dont have a weak spot in their line-up...1-9 can hit...and they have a solid pitching staff.

They don't have a true standout ace...but just kids that can do a great job on the mound.

Jefferson beat Bridgeport 6-1 in the regular season...one of their 3 losses.
This is a different Jefferson team that is for sure. They have one pitcher named Valdez that has been good on the mound. All the others been ok but just not been consistent. This is a very vocal group with lots of chatter from the dugout which is not like normal J High teams.

I doubt that you were a band geek, so you probably don't pine for your high school days.
Go take your trolling shit somewhere else....and quit derailing another thread assclown.

This is a thread about high school athletics...which you would no nothing about.

Go take your trolling shit somewhere else....and quit derailing another thread assclown.

This is a thread about high school athletics...which you would no nothing about.
So easy to send you into a full-fledged tantrum. What would a band dork know about baseball? Answer: Absolutely nothing. As I was spraying base hits all over Parkersburg's City Park, you were registering for band camp and drum and bugle corps competitions. LOL

Moorefield over Williamstown
Charleston Catholic over Man
Moorefield over Catholic to win Single A

Independence over North Marion
Logan over Hoover
Logan over Independence to win Double A

Hurricane over St. Albans
Jefferson over Bridgeport
Hurricane over Jefferson to win Triple A

Moorefield over Williamstown
Charleston Catholic over Man
Moorefield over Catholic to win Single A

Independence over North Marion
Logan over Hoover
Logan over Independence to win Double A

Hurricane over St. Albans
Jefferson over Bridgeport
Hurricane over Jefferson to win Triple A
This could be right. Bridgeport gets Jefferson’s number one.

Logan beat Bridgeport in a prep game yesterday....not sure you can take much away from that though....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT