ADVERTISEMENT

Bottom Line is all that Matters

RichardCranium1

All-Conference
Feb 27, 2019
ACC
Syracuse University’s share of ACC revenue grew by more than $3 million in 2017-18, climbing to a record conference payout of nearly $28.6 million, but the ACC still lagged behind its power-five peers in the amount of money it distributed to its members.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/2019/05/syracuses-share-of-acc-revenue-increases-3-million-still-lags-among-power-five.html?outputType=amp

School distribution for all 14 full-time members averaged $29.5 million. Not surprisingly, Clemson topped that list with $31.4 million. Notre Dame, which is a member in all sports but football, received $7.9 million.
http://www.espn.com/espnw/sports/article/26814734/acc-revenues-11-percent-last-year

Big 12

Commissioner Bob Bowlsby says each university was receiving $38.8 million for 2018-19, or a total of $388 million in the 10-team conference. That's about a 6 percent increase over last year. It is the 13th consecutive year of a revenue increase for the Big 12.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/26864171/big-12-revenues-likely-pass-40m-per-school?platform=amp

@GREGJACOBS

Big 12 without third tier rights makes 10 million more a school than ACC

Add third tier rights it is anywhere from 12-26 more million than a school for the ACC.

12 million means better facilities, better coaches and better athletics.

Dealing with Comcast is the key. Comcast is one of worst. Verizon FIOS is up there as well. Don't know what companies are where. Ultimately the ACC network is coming at a time when less people are buying cable deals and going to streaming
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.awfu...l-force-big-cable-to-pick-up-acc-network.html

As August approaches, ESPN is focusing on geting carriage for the ACC Network. The new platform will launch later this summer, and DirecTV is already on board to carry it, along with Altice, Hulu, and PlayStation Vue. However, Comcast, Charter, and Dish Network are among the larger pay TV providers that are still holding out. ESPN is hoping that pressure from the ACC’s fanbase will force them to cave as the launch date gets closer.

The first football game on the ACC Network will involve schools that will be in Charter and Comcast markets, Georgia Tech at Clemson. Georgia Tech is in a market predominantly saturated by Comcast, while Clemson is in a Charter market. If the current situation holds, only a handful of viewers in those two markets will be able to see the game.

ESPN is counting on fans in both markets to call their carriers as the launch date approaches if they can’t close deals over the next five months. The Worldwide Leader used the same strategy back in 2008 to get SEC Network carried by scheduling Texas A&M at South Carolina, which was in a Time Warner Cable market of Columbia, SC. ESPN held fan events in Columbia in the days running up to the launch to get fans to call TWC. The strategy worked, and Time Warner eventually picked up the channel.

Clemson is coming off a national championship season, and ESPN is hoping that fans will call Charter and force it to cut a deal if one can’t come together. The issue here, as John Ourand writes in Sports Business Journal, is that neither Charter, Comcast, or Dish are in the midst of their carriage contracts with ESPN and don’t have to negotiate right away:

Disney’s affiliate deals with Comcast, Charter and Dish Network don’t come up before August, which means that they will have to work out a deal in the middle of an existing contract — something that is not the norm but does happen on occasion.

ESPN has been successful with its SEC and Longhorn Networks and is confident that the ACC Network will launch in most of the country, especially within the conference footprint. Getting DirecTV signed, sealed, and delivered is a huge feather in ESPN’s cap, but as bandwidth for new networks decreases, cable providers like Comcast, Charter and Dish are reluctant to give up the space.

We’ll see if fan pressure increases as August gets closer, or whether ESPN can make deals beforehand so as to not mount those infamous ad campaigns appealing to fans to call their providers.

Last edited:
ACC
Syracuse University’s share of ACC revenue grew by more than $3 million in 2017-18, climbing to a record conference payout of nearly $28.6 million, but the ACC still lagged behind its power-five peers in the amount of money it distributed to its members.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/2019/05/syracuses-share-of-acc-revenue-increases-3-million-still-lags-among-power-five.html?outputType=amp

School distribution for all 14 full-time members averaged $29.5 million. Not surprisingly, Clemson topped that list with $31.4 million. Notre Dame, which is a member in all sports but football, received $7.9 million.
http://www.espn.com/espnw/sports/article/26814734/acc-revenues-11-percent-last-year

Big 12

Commissioner Bob Bowlsby says each university was receiving $38.8 million for 2018-19, or a total of $388 million in the 10-team conference. That's about a 6 percent increase over last year. It is the 13th consecutive year of a revenue increase for the Big 12.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/26864171/big-12-revenues-likely-pass-40m-per-school?platform=amp

@GREGJACOBS

Add third tier rights it is anywhere from 12-26 more million than a school for the ACC.

Sweet! Amazing! Let’s hope, for WVUs sake, the Big12 is still around in 2026.

The ACC is great because I said it is. Who cares about the ACC network. I can't even watch it from my mansion. Since I say the ACC is great it must be. You homers just don't understand my homerism is more important than yours because I am rich, successful and know Tiger Woods.

11-10, 13-9, final second shots, failed soccer titles. All we are is musket smoke with multiple titles.

The timing and content (excluding Clemson) could not be worse.

NO ONE WILL WATCH THIS CRAP.

/thread

You can rank them how you want but the three major factors that will determine college football realignment.
1) PAC 12 network
2) ACC network
3) Longhorn Network

The question is ESPN and how much pull do they really have.
Thing is ESPN didn't come out of pocket for the ACC Network. They had the schools pay for everything.

A lot of this will be determined next year.
ACC right now brings in 29 million a school.
How much money will the network bring in for every school.
5-20?. ACC is claiming 10-15 right now. That puts them at 39-44 million. Respectable but far behind the B1G and still behind the SEC.
Big 12 should be at 40 million with third tier rights. That is 55 million for Texas. The question for Texas is the SEC and B1G. Do they reach 60 million a school.
PAC 12....It is the ACC without ESPN. If ESPN proves they can help the ACC you could see the PAC 12 budge.

ACC

Big 12

@GREGJACOBS

Sweet! Amazing! Let’s hope, for WVUs sake, the Big12 is still around in 2026.

Hey GREG. Suck it.

With the acc network, look at what the Big Ten and SEC get for their networks. They've both been very successful but neither is paying out anything like $10million per school per year.

But acc people are telling their fans they'll be getting $10-$15 million per school? How exactly will that happen?

They'll be in less homes for less of a fleecing rate to subscribers more than likely, and cable subscribers are dropping by something like 20,000 per month.

Don't you ever have any decent takes to bring to the forum? All I see from you are insults directed towards top notch forum members. I'm guessing you don't know sports, based on never having an opinion of your own. Were you in the marching band?
Thanks....I needed a good laugh.

See Richard's post above.

I did all that by typing "See Richard's post above"? Interesting.

You really read way to much into things....is that an issue you constantly have?

Reactions: RichardCranium1
You can rank them how you want but the three major factors that will determine college football realignment.
1) PAC 12 network
2) ACC network
3) Longhorn Network

The question is ESPN and how much pull do they really have.
Thing is ESPN didn't come out of pocket for the ACC Network. They had the schools pay for everything.

A lot of this will be determined next year.
ACC right now brings in 29 million a school.
How much money will the network bring in for every school.
5-20?. ACC is claiming 10-15 right now. That puts them at 39-44 million. Respectable but far behind the B1G and still behind the SEC.
Big 12 should be at 40 million with third tier rights. That is 55 million for Texas. The question for Texas is the SEC and B1G. Do they reach 60 million a school.
PAC 12....It is the ACC without ESPN. If ESPN proves they can help the ACC you could see the PAC 12 budge.

That would be $48 million this year for WVU including $9 million in third tier income from IMG. That is assuming WVU has had no increases from IMG since the first year. I'm sure they have but I can't dig it up.

I have said it before and nothing has changed. What hurts the ACC Network is the serious overlap with B1G and SEC broadcast areas. I have to pay for the SEC network on DirecTV but not the ACC. If that changes, so will I.

Last edited:
You have too many welfare schools.
Schools that don't provide what they take. The ACC wasn't left with many choices and haphazardly expanded. The ACC should have been at the forefront in the early 1990's with Penn State. Penn St is the only school in the Northeast that matters.
Syracuse, Pitt and BC are afterthoughts.

Those three schools aren't bringing anything to the table. Penn St and ND are the only two schools that could get the Northeast interested in college football. ND will always tell the ACC no because of USC and Stanford. Their connections on the West Coast are more important than any school. Reason why they will stop playing the Michigan schools and have before USC and Stanford.

LOL at the retards obsessed over the G man. Funny stuff. I’ll check in next week with you two dingleberries.

Only low IQ'ers in 2019 use the 'r' word anymore.....great job Greg.

And yes.....two posts in a week clearly indicates obsession.

You are a weird one tosugrad...err Greg.....no doubt.

Only low IQ'ers in 2019 use the 'r' word anymore.....great job Greg.

And yes.....two posts in a week clearly indicates obsession.

You are a weird one tosugrad...err Greg.....no doubt.

OMG. Get a grip geek. The “r” word. I've heard it all here. Back to the Lot. Bye bye.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT