ADVERTISEMENT

WVSPORTS.COM Bob Huggins tries to walk back resignation from West Virginia

He was real lucky to have not been fired after his radio incident. Many on the BOG wanted him gone.

The mans an alcoholic. Just got his 2nd known DUI, who knows how many he's really had. This past DUI was a month after being and idiot on live radio in another state. Firing a drunk after he's been told to stay clean and clear of trouble yet does it one month later is not bad PR.
To a LOT of people Bob Huggins is something special. Regardless of the reasons, which were of course justified in both your eyes and mine, WVU did "the right thing" and allowed Huggins to leave with his dignity intact. Many people would have thrown a fit if WVU would have "fired" him instead of letting him "resign/retire" after all he has done for the program, university, Ruby, etc. That is bad publicity that can easily be avoided and WVU did. How could the university know he would shred all hints of dignity with this stunt?

He was real lucky to have not been fired after his radio incident. Many on the BOG wanted him gone.
No he wasnt. This used to be a free country with free speech. Stop acting offended, its a fkn lie. Personally I loved his radio interview and think the BOG is worse for WVU than Huggins ever was and I wish they were gone so WVU could be good again instead of a woke pos school. We're going broke. We're watching it happen. The BOG is responsible for all of it. Not Huggins, not a DUI or a stupid radio interview where Huggins called people who threw condoms at his players fags in a funny jokingly way lol. WVU isnt sinking because of those non-offensive words. The BOG is taking WVU down from within. Its the worst BOG in WVU history. Its actually the people who are ultra offended by Huggins who are ruining WVU, in reality.

No he wasnt. This used to be a free country with free speech. Stop acting offended, its a fkn lie. Personally I loved his radio interview and think the BOG is worse for WVU than Huggins ever was and I wish they were gone so WVU could be good again instead of a woke pos school. We're going broke. We're watching it happen. The BOG is responsible for all of it. Not Huggins, not a DUI or a stupid radio interview where Huggins called people who threw condoms at his players fags in a funny jokingly way lol. WVU isnt sinking because of those non-offensive words. The BOG is taking WVU down from within. Its the worst BOG in WVU history. Its actually the people who are ultra offended by Huggins who are ruining WVU, in reality.
Me personally I don't give a shit what he said. I would never have known he was on the show if some loud mouth had not blown up over it. But he was lucky the liberal BOG didn't can him and that's a fact.

Reactions: deedoubleyou
Wren Baker has been a disappointment. Couldn’t fire Brown and hire a decent coach. Now we have to struggle through another losing football season. Strike one. Then he can’t hire a decent basketball coach and named Eilert as interim and most of the players that had been here in his one year as an assistant coach run for the portal. That’s a sign that they think Eilert is going to suck. You’re only 75 days past the end of the season when the dui goes down. Baker says it’s a timing issue but there could only be 74 better days to hire. Now we are looking at not doing crap on basketball next year. Strike two.
I’d almost bet that he and Gee did lie about the retirement because firing Huggs would have been put them in a better light than firing him.
Huggs won’t be back but I’m waiting to see if Wren ever hired a decent coach in one of the two sports that matter.

Wren Baker has been a disappointment. Couldn’t fire Brown and hire a decent coach. Now we have to struggle through another losing football season. Strike one. Then he can’t hire a decent basketball coach and named Eilert as interim and most of the players that had been here in his one year as an assistant coach run for the portal. That’s a sign that they think Eilert is going to suck. You’re only 75 days past the end of the season when the dui goes down. Baker says it’s a timing issue but there could only be 74 better days to hire. Now we are looking at not doing crap on basketball next year. Strike two.
I’d almost bet that he and Gee did lie about the retirement because firing Huggs would have been put them in a better light than firing him.
Huggs won’t be back but I’m waiting to see if Wren ever hired a decent coach in one of the two sports that matter.
If only things were that simple lol. It’s now Bakers fault. Good lord

So tell us if you were hired at the time Baker was hired last season who would you have hired as a football coach? Secondly who would you have hired as the new basketball coach? We would love to hear this since you have it all figured out.

Pay me what they pay Wren and I’ll answer that. Lol. Who did Wren even call to coach basketball other than Beilein?

Didn't Huggins meet in person with his team and his assistant coaches telling them he will be resigning and retiring. Huggins has no case or leg to stand on. If his drunken ass could even stand.
Not according to Huggins: "I never submitted the notice required under the Employment Agreement to voluntarily resign." He also wrote that he did not inform his players of his decision to resign at a June 17 meeting, telling them only that he did not know what was going to happen."

You can say stuff all day, but the only thing that matters is the conditions in the contract. It may be a shitstorm, but Huggins has a case and WVU is going to come out looking bad. Huggins already looks bad. As I pointed out earlier, this is really about Gee placating the wokesters and not about the DUI. I can see a bunch of areas where WVU has screwed this up. Will Huggins be reinstated? Maybe not, but if there is a hotseat for college presidents, Gee might be on it, and maybe that directional Texas school will take Wren back. I mean, what kind of guy is named after a bird species?

Reactions: deedoubleyou
His statement is pretty interesting. I wonder what the big money donors are telling Huggins.
If the big donors are speaking to Huggins, they are probably telling him to shut the fu%% up. If there not talking to him then they're probably embarrassed by his behavior. When RR left several big donors expressed their displeasure with Wvu publicly. That hasn't happened here and their silence in this matter should tell you something. I'm sure the powers that be spoke to the big donors before making a decision. The problem with Huggins is he has surrounded himself with too many enablers in his life. He never accepted personal responsibility for his faults he just finds someone else to blame.

If the big donors are speaking to Huggins, they are probably telling him to shut the fu%% up. If there not talking to him then they're probably embarrassed by his behavior. When RR left several big donors expressed their displeasure with Wvu publicly. That hasn't happened here and their silence in this matter should tell you something. I'm sure the powers that be spoke to the big donors before making a decision. The problem with Huggins is he has surrounded himself with too many enablers in his life. He never accepted personal responsibility for his faults he just finds someone else to blame.
The difference with Rod was he left because he claimed WVU lied to him and promised him stuff they backed out on to keep him from leaving for Alabama. While he might not have handled it the correct way, in the end he only changed jobs. Nothing more. What Huggins is doing is a lot worse in my opinion. He made a huge mistake and refuses to accept the consequences and would rather destroy his employer for holding him accountable. The school, program, and fans he supposedly loves.

He must be a democrat.

Not according to Huggins: "I never submitted the notice required under the Employment Agreement to voluntarily resign." He also wrote that he did not inform his players of his decision to resign at a June 17 meeting, telling them only that he did not know what was going to happen."

You can say stuff all day, but the only thing that matters is the conditions in the contract. It may be a shitstorm, but Huggins has a case and WVU is going to come out looking bad. Huggins already looks bad. As I pointed out earlier, this is really about Gee placating the wokesters and not about the DUI. I can see a bunch of areas where WVU has screwed this up. Will Huggins be reinstated? Maybe not, but if there is a hotseat for college presidents, Gee might be on it, and maybe that directional Texas school will take Wren back. I mean, what kind of guy is named after a bird species?
That would make Huggins a liar and a drunk.

I cannot doubt that WVU messed something up in the Huggins situation. I'm sure in contractual legal terms Huggins lawyers are probably right, WVU probably screwed something up. That seems to be the norm for them. I do think this gets Gee ousted and it may end up getting Huggins some money. Reinstated I dont know about. Just doesnt seem realistic but we'll see.

Always get the signature. From your best friend, your esteemed colleague, your wife, your husband, your partner, your coach, everyone. You could probably exempt your dog but I'd get a paw print, just to be safe.

I cannot doubt that WVU messed something up in the Huggins situation. I'm sure in contractual legal terms Huggins lawyers are probably right, WVU probably screwed something up. That seems to be the norm for them. I do think this gets Gee ousted and it may end up getting Huggins some money. Reinstated I dont know about. Just doesnt seem realistic but we'll see.
You ever heard of a Frivolous lawsuit? Just ask anyone who works in Health care or the public sector they will tell you all about it.

Last edited:
The difference with Rod was he left because he claimed WVU lied to him and promised him stuff they backed out on to keep him from leaving for Alabama. While he might not have handled it the correct way, in the end he only changed jobs. Nothing more. What Huggins is doing is a lot worse in my opinion. He made a huge mistake and refuses to accept the consequences and would rather destroy his employer for holding him accountable. The school, program, and fans he supposedly loves.
If Huggins would have left Akron to go to Wvu instead of Cincinnati and he had the same success at Wvu that he had at Cincinnati at the time I doubt, he would have stayed. He only ended up here when it was his best option. He only stayed because any other move would have been a lateral one. He also would have not had the enablers watching his back to the degree he had at Wvu.

Right dumbass because pretending that the guy isnt the face of the program with a loaded team on deck so we can be stuck with some interim no name and a depleted roster is so much ****ing wiser. This isn’t the local CYO league, it’s the Big 12, grow a set and do what it takes to win, not tank your program for years to come while lighting the legacy of the most successful 16 year run in program history on fire.

The 69 year old man who set it on fire himself despite already doing it once before does not bear the bulk of the responsibility? It's not a big ask of ANYONE, much less the public face of this program, to not drink while driving and get so smashed in the process you think you are in another state.

Reactions: ThePunish-EER
I got mouths to feed, I’m not here to change the trajectory of mankind. But if your MMB posts make you feel like you’re helping then more power to you brother.
If you think anyone can change something posting on internet you would be dead wrong.

Me personally I don't give a shit what he said. I would never have known he was on the show if some loud mouth had not blown up over it. But he was lucky the liberal BOG didn't can him and that's a fact.
Only the BOG Catholic fags should care what he said...

• Haha
Reactions: WVUALLEN
The 69 year old man who set it on fire himself despite already doing it once before does not bear the bulk of the responsibility? It's not a big ask of ANYONE, much less the public face of this program, to not drink while driving and get so smashed in the process you think you are in another state.
There were several options on the table other than “destroy the program”. We explored none apparently.

There were several options on the table other than “destroy the program”. We explored none apparently.

Again, all Huggins had to do was NOT get one of the more embarrassing DUI's in recent memories and none of this would have happened. Any damage to the program as you see it is 100% Huggins fault. Your beef with WVU is that the University didn't do enough to prevent and/or repair the damage Huggins did all by himself.

Also, none of the "options" you mentioned allowed WVU to keep Huggins and a reasonable amount of integrity. This has nothing to do with the f@g incident as he can call every opponent we play a bunch of f@gs and I'd not say he must be fired. But this is tangible danger to others thar je shoes no remorse for and clearly didn't learn from the last time he destroyed his career this way.

Again, all Huggins had to do was NOT get one of the more embarrassing DUI's in recent memories and none of this would have happened. Any damage to the program as you see it is 100% Huggins fault. Your beef with WVU is that the University didn't do enough to prevent and/or repair the damage Huggins did all by himself.

Also, none of the "options" you mentioned allowed WVU to keep Huggins and a reasonable amount of integrity. This has nothing to do with the f@g incident as he can call every opponent we play a bunch of f@gs and I'd not say he must be fired. But this is tangible danger to others thar je shoes no remorse for and clearly didn't learn from the last time he destroyed his career this way.
Yeah it’s silly for anyone to say WVU is destroying the program after this incident. As if it is unfair to expect accountability and discipline. The OP probably blames the cops as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT