ADVERTISEMENT

Bitcoin mining may be our last line of defense against a CBDC - Trump

img_0869-1-1.webp

I would suggest those that can't afford Gold or Bitcoin to start buying food and ammo. Harder times seem inevitable at this point.

The financial world is bracing for a significant upheaval following Saudi Arabia's decision not to renew its 50-year petro-dollar deal with the United States, which expired on Sunday, 9 June, 2024.

@Gunny46 Aren't you the one that always gave me hell cause I been saying USD was going to shit?

You need to pay attention better. I also said the US Dollar is in trouble but as American you shouldn't root for it's collapse unless you want to see a bunch of people starve to death. I also mentioned I preferred precious metals like cold and silver. However I prefer guns, ammunition, and food over both. That way when the grid goes down and you can't use your bitcoin you will better off. I'm also strongly against any for of CBDC. Regardless what happens the kids who got their lunch money stolen are in trouble.

Reactions: roadtrasheer
I would suggest those that can't afford Gold or Bitcoin to start buying food and ammo. Harder times seem inevitable at this point.

The financial world is bracing for a significant upheaval following Saudi Arabia's decision not to renew its 50-year petro-dollar deal with the United States, which expired on Sunday, 9 June, 2024.
Or stocks/index funds. Index funds hedge against the dollar going to zero since they are real assets that represent part ownership of a company.

Or stocks/index funds. Index funds hedge against the dollar going to zero since they are real assets that represent part ownership of a company.
Lots of Americans living paycheck to paycheck right now. I would recommend they look into water filters, long term food storage, guns, and ammo first. For starters. Or prepare to go ask FEMA for an MRE if the Economy crashes.

Lots of Americans living paycheck to paycheck right now. I would recommend they look into water filters, long term food storage, guns, and ammo first. For starters.
Who would want to live in such a world? I'd rather check out.

Lots of Americans living paycheck to paycheck right now. I would recommend they look into water filters, long term food storage, guns, and ammo first. For starters. Or prepare to go ask FEMA for an MRE if the Economy crashes.
May sound bad but people living paycheck to paycheck and in debt are probably living above their means . Sad part is most living paycheck to paycheck makes more than me. I know some don't make enough to manage and still do ok .
I know some who make so little but still save a few bucks .... bottom line ..... stop spending

Reactions: cam_blev
I mean like what I said. Bitcoin is a scam fiat currency with no inherent value that is only backed by the next greatest fool.
a scam fiat currency? you don't even know what the word you use mean

The meaning of FIAT is an authoritative or arbitrary order : decree.

Fiat money is a government-issued currency that is not backed by a physical commodity, such as gold or silver, but rather by the government that issued it

May sound bad but people living paycheck to paycheck and in debt are probably living above their means . Sad part is most living paycheck to paycheck makes more than me. I know some don't make enough to manage and still do ok .
I know some who make so little but still save a few bucks .... bottom line ..... stop spending

INFLATION!!!. So even if you are the best coupon cutter in the world people are hurting and it can get alot worse for the Middle Class because they are the target.

Fiat money is a government-issued currency that is not backed by a physical commodity, such as gold or silver, but rather by the government that issued it
What is backing bitcoin?
I agree bitcoin is not fiat , but what gives bitcoin value?

Please save us Bitcoin. :joy: :joy:
you thought we were joking when we say "Bitcoin fixes this"?
I have been trying to explain for years that Bitcoin is not just an investment it is a new monetary base layer but 🤷‍♂️

when every government in the world continues to print into oblivion and also disincentivize energy production a hard money that incentivizes energy production is the fix

• Wow
Reactions: moe
Wow.......hocus-pocus currency and apocalypse warnings? This thread has it all.

Nobody said apocalypse but surely you can comprehend serious Civil Unrest and War being those two things have been happening since the world has been turning. Even here in the United States.

How do you know it's not government issued since nobody can definitively say who created it? It may well have been the government. But that doesn't really matter as it definitely meets the worst part of that definition.

the strongest computer network in the world
ENERGY, the most important commodity
I invest when and what I can , I'm far from rich . Nothing about bitcoin seems tangible to me , nothing about bitcoin makes me feel any better than a old fashion greenback . Since I'm not in charge of the strongest computer network and it can be shut down in war and I can't use any of its energy how does it help me besides being able to trade it for gold ?

you thought we were joking when we say "Bitcoin fixes this"?
I have been trying to explain for years that Bitcoin is not just an investment it is a new monetary base layer but 🤷‍♂️

when every government in the world continues to print into oblivion and also disincentivize energy production a hard money that incentivizes energy production is the fix
Bitcoin is a new monetary base layer ..... bitcoin was created in high tech .....what fixes the problem is going back to a tangible base ,gold , and kill the federal printing machine not made up monopoly coin .

How do you know it's not government issued since nobody can definitively say who created it? It may well have been the government. But that doesn't really matter as it definitely meets the worst part of that definition.
because bitcoin isnt issued its mined

Here is how it works

Here is the code

Running bitcoin uses less energy than running the fiat money infrastructure. Imagine how much less energy would be wasted if governments could pay for wars with money printers. Also I don't think you know anything about energy generation. We need to stop wasting it. The reason 3rd world countries are u underdeveloped is because they can't build energy generators with no way to monetize it before a city is built up around it.

Last edited:
I invest when and what I can , I'm far from rich . Nothing about bitcoin seems tangible to me , nothing about bitcoin makes me feel any better than a old fashion greenback . Since I'm not in charge of the strongest computer network and it can be shut down in war and I can't use any of its energy how does it help me besides being able to trade it for gold ?
It can't get shut down it is decentralized, it gets knocked out in one country every other country can still mine bitcoin and run nodes, see El Salvador.

because bitcoin isnt issued its mined

Here is how it works

Here is the code

Running bitcoin uses less energy than running the fiat money infrastructure. Imagine how much less energy would be wasted if governments could pay for wars with money printers. Also I don't think you know anything about energy generation. We need to stop wasting it. The reason 3rd world countries are u underdeveloped is because they can't build energy generators with no way to monetize it before a city is built up around it.

So, machines dig in the earth and get bitcoin? :joy:

• Haha
Reactions: Gunny46
You can laugh all you want. We are to the point it is a topic worthy of the leading presidential candidate is talking about and supporting it as the other side wants to arbitrarily tax the industry more.

You can laugh all you want. We are to the point it is a topic worthy of the leading presidential candidate is talking about and supporting it as the other side wants to arbitrarily tax the industry more.
Please though, will you computer guys stop calling it "mining". That is an insult to every person who actually MINED something.

Please though, will you computer guys stop calling it "mining". That is an insult to every person who actually MINED something.
You're dumb! I've mined both. If you feel insulted get out of your feelings and get some thicker skin. Im not responsible for your feelings getting hurt.

You're dumb! I've mined both. If you feel insulted get out of your feelings and get some thicker skin. Im not responsible for your feelings getting hurt.
If you are behind a computer, you are not "mining" anything buddy. Call it something else........how about "fake"?

It can't get shut down it is decentralized, it gets knocked out in one country every other country can still mine bitcoin and run nodes, see El Salvador.
What can it do besides replace the greenback? How can it help what killing the fed couldn't do ? How is it better than gold ? How can a average blue collar guy like myself use it if government was to collapse and we didn't have a gold standard? What is it worth as a stand alone object? Is it a actual object at all?

What can it do besides replace the greenback? How can it help what killing the fed couldn't do ? How is it better than gold ? How can a average blue collar guy like myself use it if government was to collapse and we didn't have a gold standard? What is it worth as a stand alone object? Is it a actual object at all?
How do you trade with another country using gold?
You currently use a piece of paper to represent money/wealth, backed by your faith in the federal government, what is that worth as a stand alone object?
It 's use case it to be able to send value from one person/place without needing anyone else's permission while also being easy to protect irrelevant of its value (as easy to protect $1B as it is $100). How much gold is in Fort Knox? What does Fort Knox cost to run and operate per year?
If you kept ALL of your money/wealth at home in gold bars how much would you need to spend just protecting that?
I dont think governments keep society civil I would expect things to get better after a short period of working shit out.

How do you trade with another country using gold?
You currently use a piece of paper to represent money/wealth, backed by your faith in the federal government, what is that worth as a stand alone object?
It 's use case it to be able to send value from one person/place without needing anyone else's permission while also being easy to protect irrelevant of its value (as easy to protect $1B as it is $100). How much gold is in Fort Knox? What does Fort Knox cost to run and operate per year?
If you kept ALL of your money/wealth at home in gold bars how much would you need to spend just protecting that?
I dont think governments keep society civil I would expect things to get better after a short period of working shit out.
So after all that if we went back to the gold standard and only had paper money equal to the amount of gold we have life would be good . Gold being of use bitcoin not so much . Bitcoin is just another way of trading gold value. Bitcoin has no value in itself. Gold can be traded with out the need of millions in computers.... I got ya reinventing the wheel....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT