ADVERTISEMENT

Big12 Playoff spot gone again?

Pitt4Life34

All-American
Nov 5, 2002
The Playoff berth for the Big12 goes out the window Saturday if Oklahoma doesn't leave Columbus with a win. If Oklahoma loses Saturday the season is literally irrelevant for the entire Big12 Conference. This was a devastatingly bad weekend for the Big12. No way to spin the results of the past weekend. Devastating!!! No one nationally will buy into TCU so it's all on Oklahoma.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Ok St will be the sleeper team this year in the B12 and would be more than happy to take OK's spot at the top of the Big12. And you can't tell me that some past OK St teams couldn't have competed or won a playoff game given the chance.

Ok St will be the sleeper team this year in the B12 and would be more than happy to take OK's spot at the top of the Big12. And you can't tell me that some past OK St teams couldn't have competed or won a playoff game given the chance.

Good point! Forgot Oklahoma State. They have the best QB in America with some crazy weapons at his fingertips. Oklahoma State is very legit. Just have to see how the defense looks in Conference. So Oklahoma and Oklahoma State are all the Big12 have left.

latest

The Playoff birth for the Big12 goes out the window Saturday if Oklahoma doesn't leave Columbus with a win. If Oklahoma loses Saturday the season is literally irrelevant for the entire Big12 Conference. This was a devastatingly bad weekend for the Big12. No way to spin the results of the past weekend. Devastating!!! No one nationally will buy into TCU so it's all on Oklahoma.

Thoughts?

Thoughts? No conference will lose a playoff spot in week two, teams yes, conferences no.

First, the word is berth, not birth.

Second, if WVU is 11-1, wins the Big 12 title game and Virginia Tech is unbeaten until the ACC title game, then WVU would qualify as one of the 4 teams because the 31-24 game was a tossup till the final 2 Grier passes into the end zone as the clock ran down.

If the Hokies lose a game or two, then the loss by WVU looks worse.

As usual, there will be only one or two unbeaten Power 5 teams so then it comes down to the conference champs. If the Pac-12 implodes, as it usually does, and WVU runs the table from this point forward, with Grier among the top Heisman candidates by season's end, the Mountaineers WOULD be in the national playoffs. Already Grier was named Big 12 Newcomer of the Week, which will mark the selection committee's ears perk up. And the son of a former East Carolina QB who has coached five state championship teams who racks up 400 to 500 yards a game WILL get noticed.

After one game, I would hardly dismiss the entire Big 12 conference.

Granted, it would be better for the Big 12 for Oklahoma to beat Ohio State. But if Oklahoma does lose close, and wins out, the Sooners will be in the playoffs. If WVU wins out, and VT has only one loss, the Mountaineers will be in the playoffs.

This is a time for calmness and rationality, not "the sky is falling."

But I understand it, because that's what fan(atic)s do.

M angy special teams caused loss to Virginia Tech, 31-24

O bliterate East Carolina

U nhinge Delaware State

N apalm Kansas

T errorize TCU

A nnihilate Texas Tech

I ncinerate Baylor

N ullify Oklahoma State

E masculate Iowa State

E rectile dysfunction Kansas State

R eam Texas

S avage Oklahoma

Second, if WVU is 11-1, wins the Big 12 title game and Virginia Tech is unbeaten until the ACC title game, then WVU would qualify as one of the 4 teams because the 31-24 game was a tossup till the final 2 Grier passes into the end zone as the clock ran down.

As usual, there will be only one or two unbeaten Power 5 teams so then it comes down to the conference champs. If the Pac-12 implodes, as it usually does, and WVU runs the table from this point forward, with Grier among the top Heisman candidates by season's end, the Mountaineers WOULD be in the national playoffs. Already Grier was named Big 12 Newcomer of the Week, which will mark the selection committee's ears perk up. And the son of a former East Carolina QB who has coached five state championship teams who racks up 400 to 500 yards a game WILL get noticed.

Granted, it would be better for the Big 12 for Oklahoma to beat Ohio State. But if Oklahoma does lose close, and wins out, the Sooners will be in the playoffs. If WVU wins out, and VT has only one loss, the Mountaineers will be in the playoffs.

U nhinge Delaware State

N apalm Kansas

T errorize TCU

A nnihilate Texas Tech

I ncinerate Baylor

N ullify Oklahoma State

E masculate Iowa State

R eam Texas

S avage Oklahoma

Thanks for berth heads up. Posting late Ireland time haha. Hey if WVU runs the table they deserve a top 10 rating. 11-1 is playoff worthy in most cases. Just don't see the team I watched against Tech running the table. And I definitely see Tech losing 2-4 games. Oklahoma State seems to be the team that can get it done if Oklahoma loses to OSU. It wouldn't surprise me if the Big12 and the ACC were out this year.

Good one retard!!! Knee slapper! Look at all your likes haha. People really like you.........NOT!!!
There is the low class Gregory we have come to know. Hey Gregory I could always have multiple accounts and give myself likes. You know like the way the trolls operate. It is an anonymous sports message board. The number of likes has no bearing on my life. Perhaps there is reason you like the r word Gregory. Enjoy Ireland or where ever you may be.

U nhinge Delaware State

N apalm Kansas

T errorize TCU

A nnihilate Texas Tech

I ncinerate Baylor

N ullify Oklahoma State

E masculate Iowa State

R eam Texas

S avage Oklahoma

I just love the what if game.

There is the low class Gregory we have come to know. Hey Gregory I could always have multiple accounts and give myself likes. You know like the way the trolls operate. It is an anonymous sports message board. The number of likes has no bearing on my life. Perhaps there is reason you like the r word Gregory. Enjoy Ireland or where ever you may be.

Listen man you need to really let me go. I get I must have left a dent or two but you follow me around and creep on me like a weirdo. I'm still waiting to read some good football posts from you. That's what is really productive. I'm in Ireland this week and didn't see most of the game with Tech so I haven't posted much on the game but will over time. I say the two of us go that direction but hey whatever makes you happy.

Listen man you need to really let me go. I get I must have left a dent or two but you follow me around and creep on me like a weirdo. I'm still waiting to read some good football posts from you. That's what is really productive. I'm in Ireland this week and didn't see most of the game with Tech so I haven't posted much on the game but will over time. I say the two of us go that direction but hey whatever makes you happy.

Cool. But it is a two way street Gregory (creep). Even when I don't reply to you troll me in your posts. You kind of remind me of a teenage girl who has been dumped by her boyfriend and won't let it go. I would be happy to read a well thought out post about WVU football that is not trolling our fan base by you. I have seen very little from you on this regard. Congrats on a post where you did not call anyone a retard. Baby steps.

The Playoff berth for the Big12 goes out the window Saturday if Oklahoma doesn't leave Columbus with a win. If Oklahoma loses Saturday the season is literally irrelevant for the entire Big12 Conference. This was a devastatingly bad weekend for the Big12. No way to spin the results of the past weekend. Devastating!!! No one nationally will buy into TCU so it's all on Oklahoma.

Thoughts?

B12 won't even exist in 5-6 years.

If OU goes 11-1 with its only loss @ Ohio State there is literally no chance they are denied.

B12 won't even exist in 5-6 years.
Lacey Nostradamus can make a fortune being that able to see the future. No one saw the massive college realignment that scrambled the ACC, Big 10, SEC, Big 12 and Pac-12. No one knows what the future holds, IN EXACT DETAILS. If every team has a deal with a media deliverance that doesn't exist today, then we won't even need conferences because this future monster will decide its own top 24 schools and pay them according to their W-L record. It will be a 13-week playoff schedule. Alabama will get $70 million, Ohio State $68 million, Clemson $67 million, Southern Cal $48 million, etc. based on their W-L record in a schedule set up by this streaming monster. And you will pay $300 a season to get the games, or settle for listening to your favorite team on the radio. I mean, if we're going to get this ridiculous, why not? It's as likely as any crap I've been reading lately.

Cool. But it is a two way street Gregory (creep). Even when I don't reply to you troll me in your posts. You kind of remind me of a teenage girl who has been dumped by her boyfriend and won't let it go. I would be happy to read a well thought out post about WVU football that is not trolling our fan base by you. I have seen very little from you on this regard. Congrats on a post where you did not call anyone a retard. Baby steps.

Fair enough retar..... caught myself!

Fair enough!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT