ADVERTISEMENT

Big XII Tourney...

Originally posted by Cheat Lake EER:
...anyone know if there are plans to change the host city in the near future?
Not that I know of. Where would you change the host city to?

Kansas City will host through 2016. Not sure what they will decide after that but i would figure either OKC or Dallas. Kansas City will most likely be kept in the loop though. Doubt it moves east from there.

KC is a pretty nice city with lots of fountains. I've been there and wouldn't mind going back to see the B12 tourney.

There is a small fountain on the Plaza with a little child pissing into the mouth of a frog. kind of weird.

I love the history KC has with the Big XII Tourney. But does it make sense to continue playing it in a state that does not have a Big XII team. I realize that is right across the river from a gazillion Kansas fans, but still doesn't seem right. As someone posted earlier, OKC and Dallas would be fun, as would a weekend in San Antonio.

I saw we fix that problem by moving KU to Springfield Missouri. Mostly just to get them farther way from Kstate.

I can say it a lot of certainty thay KC has, and will continue to, invested a lot of money, effort, and support for the Big 12. Even after Missouri left the conference, they (the city of KC) wanted to keep the Big 12 basketball tourney.

It truly is a great experience.

Also, with a lot of certainty, KC is more pro-Big 12 than they are $EC. There are a lot of KU, KSU, ISU, OU, and OSU alumni that live in the metro area of KC.

So leave it there.

If it does get moved after 2016, I hope its OKC and not Dallas or any other town in Texas!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT