ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 pigskin predictions

Chris from WV

Senior
Jul 5, 2002
It's late July, so I've been reading numerous college football publications and listening to the pundits give their opinions via online interviews. Given the summer lull, here are my thoughts:

1. & 2. OU and OSU, respectively. Most are high on any team named Oklahoma in the Big 12. OU and OSU are the clear predictions for the Big 12 Championship game but both do have some questions on defense. My loyalties to WVU aside, I agree but could see Kansas State or TCU crashing the party.
3. Kansas State - this is their year, not to win the Big 12, but to exceed expectations in probably Bill Snyder's last year. Their QB and other talent is back, and the experienced squad will be riding high on emotion all year.
4. West Virginia - that's right, ahead of Texas and TCU.
5. TCU - great coach, in talent-rich Texas, but Kenny Hill had few "thrills" last year in Motown. They are literally this year's hit or miss team in the conference and could finish anywhere between 2nd and 8th.
6. Texas - hot new coach, but they're not yet ready to return to prominence.
7. through 11. - the rest.

I was not high on OSU but they look good and return a lot of players. OU vs OSU game will decide Big champs. I see them playing again in Big 12 title game.

1. OU (until somebody can knock them off. OU has won 16 straight Big 12 games.
2. OSU (talented team, Lots of returning players)
3. KSU (If their offense can click they will be a tough out)
4. WVU, TCU, Texas (winner of this 3 team series will be 4th)
7. Baylor
8. Iowa State (yes they are better than Tech and Kansas)
9. Texas Tech
10. Kansas

I think as long as they can fight through ESPN trying to kill the conference, and they are, and it's working a little there's a reason OU and Texas and tcu haven't been getting enough high ranked recruits they hear ESPN say they'll make sure our conference never gets to play for a title, but I think if they get through that, and with stoops gone at OU, Texas is about to be dangerous. That dude can coach and can score on anybody even at Houston, if he let's another good coach run the D, they can be a big problem for a long time

Not sure why all the hype on K State. I think they will slide back some. Certainly won't finish 3rd or better.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT