ADVERTISEMENT

🔥🔥BREAKING🔥🔥 Big 12 Announces Public Reprimand of Bob Huggins

Vernon

The Legend
Staff
May 29, 2001
Beyond The Sun
wvsports.com
The Big 12 Conference announces a public reprimand of West Virginia University men’s basketball head coach Bob Huggins for comments regarding officiating following the conclusion of last Saturday’s WVU at Kansas men’s basketball game. His comments are in violation of the Big 12 Conference’s Sportsmanship and Ethical Conduct rules.

“There are proper channels within the Conference structure to handle officiating concerns,” said Big 12 Commissioner Bob Bowlsby. “Coach Huggins’ public comments are contrary to the Conference’s Sportsmanship standards.”

The Big 12 Conference announces a public reprimand of West Virginia University men’s basketball head coach Bob Huggins for comments regarding officiating following the conclusion of last Saturday’s WVU at Kansas men’s basketball game. His comments are in violation of the Big 12 Conference’s Sportsmanship and Ethical Conduct rules.

“There are proper channels within the Conference structure to handle officiating concerns,” said Big 12 Commissioner Bob Bowlsby. “Coach Huggins’ public comments are contrary to the Conference’s Sportsmanship standards.”

Oh f##k right off Bowlsby.

How about a public reprimand of the shitty officials!

wow. This kind of conference decision feeds the issues. Why not review the game tape? The Big 12-2=10 is full of it on this one.

What are the proper channels for fans to communicate about this? Asking for a friend.
A Hatfield and McCoy alliance pregame party outside the coliseum with kegs of PBR and sandwich bags with rubber bands. I’m sure Kentucky would be more than willing to attend.

Would gladly help pay for the fine. A definite hose job!! Yes, he was wrong for his public complaints, but sometimes you have to step up and stand tall for your team and school. Huggins did just that, not caring what the Big 12 had to say about him complaining publicly.

Not really sure what else Huggs could do there. It won’t fix anything, but it lets the players know he has their back.

Any objective observer would know that something is out of kilter when Higgins and his partners in crime with one team (even WVU) a 25-point advantage at the free throw line. No team can overcome spotting other side 25 points. Plus, the lopsided calling affects the play of the team being victimized by the officials. I know Higgins didn't have money on Kansas, but why such a lopsided free throw advantage in a game when WVU rarely had much effect with its backcourt defending. And Esa bloodied and called for the foul was the icing on the bullshit cake.

Oh my, what is next? Double secret probation???? [cheers] :tada: :boxing: :flyingwv:

Does anyone know any kind of details about this? I'm guessing just a finger shake and a fine... Will there be anything that could come up again, if he were to get another ejection in the future are there any implications?

Whoopie sh-t!!

No team can overcome spotting other side 25 points. Plus, the lopsided calling affects the play of the team being victimized by the officials. I know Higgins didn't have money on Kansas, but why such a lopsided free throw advantage in a game when WVU rarely had much effect with its backcourt defending. And Esa bloodied and called for the foul was the icing on the bullshit cake

My guess is you suck at shuffleboard there at the Villages lol.

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
I believe it is nothing more than a slap on the wrist and a warning. This is the Big 12 saving face because of the embarrassment the conference is feeling with Huggins putting a spot light on the tragedy of 35-2. This has been talked about in most of the basketball games this past weekend. Not to mention on Sports Center and National TV.

This 35-2 in foul shots were shooting variety, Out of the 26 WV fouls 14 of them were shooting fouls 7 each half. That's over 50% of the foul shots 12 other fouls 4 were for the Technical, and the other 8 were the bonus variety. WVU had 1 shooting foul and the other was a 1 for 1 bonus which was missed. KU had total of 14 fouls.

This is how a 12 point lead disappeared. WVU still made mistakes in the last minutes of the game that could have given them the lead. I won't say win because you don't know if a whistle would have been blown soon after a made basket.

Reactions: Rootmaster

In other news, The Public, yet again, publicly reprimanded the idiotic Big XII officiating. "The officiating in the WVU - KS game was contrary to standards set forth by those that have ever played, watched, or heard of basketball."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT