ADVERTISEMENT

Best Hitter at WVU Ever

steeleer

All-Conference
Sep 19, 2005
Since we are in the offseason, and I don't know anything about our recruiting....

The best 2 hitters I've seen over the past 10 years has been Karl Joseph (shocker) and someone who might be one of the most underrated WVU players ever...Jahmile Addae.

I ask that if you add someone to this list that you add a video supporting your nomination.

Addae...

The penalty on that hit was crap BTW.

Joseph...

I feel awful for Goodwin there. Never like to see someone knocked out. Still an amazing hit...esp as a true Freshman.

I'm sure others will bring in others. I could too, but I want to see your noms for this. Maybe I'll turn this into a poll later.

Since we are in the offseason, and I don't know anything about our recruiting....

The best 2 hitters I've seen over the past 10 years has been Karl Joseph (shocker) and someone who might be one of the most underrated WVU players ever...Jahmile Addae.

I ask that if you add someone to this list that you add a video supporting your nomination.

Addae...

Joseph...

I feel awful for Goodwin there. Never like to see someone knocked out. Still an amazing hit...esp as a true Freshman.

I'm sure others will bring in others. I could too, but I want to see your noms for this. Maybe I'll turn this into a poll later.
Don't have video, but I can still hear the Tim Agee hits !

Don't have video, but I can still hear the Tim Agee hits !

I remember him well. Some folks here remember Sam Huff, but that's what makes this hard. Limited video pre-youtube.

I would put Darrell Whitmore in there. He could lay the hammer down. no video unfortunately.

I remember him well. Some folks here remember Sam Huff, but that's what makes this hard. Limited video pre-youtube.

I would put Darrell Whitmore in there. He could lay the hammer down. no video unfortunately.

I don't remember Darrell being that big of a hitter, but Tim Agee could bring the wood...

Obviously Joesph is on the list. Barrett Green could bring the lumber too.

Addae...

Joseph...

I still firmly believe that penalty against Addae was total BS. And cost WVU that game.

I seem to recall a time Addae obliterated a VT punt returner that was flagged too, but maybe I am wrong. See also Owen Schmitt. Closing thought, most physical defensive game that I remember was against Maryland a few years back. We had a large lead and just teed off on them in the second half. Almost downright criminal.

Agree on Jahmille Addae being underrated and a hard hitter. He couldn't play with the rules today which are hurting defense and inflating offensive stats. WVU coaches (at a later time) then said thanks by messing over younger brother Jahlille Addae as he was in route to enroll in January. Dirty. That family deserved better, A LOT BETTER!

Jahlille has been playing for the Chargers for like 4 seasons now. They messed him over and he's good enough to play in the NFL. Dirty and dumb. So much for Holiday knowing talent out of Florida.

Barrett Green was pretty fierce too.

Talley was just nasty and I would go with him. That going back 35 years.

I'm down with penciling in Tim Agee. But you gotta remember he wasn't restricted by the rules that we have nowadays. I would not be surprised if I were to learn the he has developed some of the side effects that come with repeated head injuries.

Karl Joseph is definitely up there and if he had played in Agee's day ....who knows what would have happened. He might have actually killed someone on the football field.

Bo Orlando, another name already mentioned in this thread, also passed through my mind.

I agree with Green, Hackett, KJoseph.

I'd add:
Darrell Talley, Steve Grant, Bernard Russ, Grant Wiley, James Davis, Eric Wicks, Najee Goode, Terence Garvin, Nick Kiatkowski

Addae...

Joseph...

Jed Gyorko was a pretty good hitter at wvu......

I remember when Buie smacked Marshall's Cortez Carter LB (#49) going after Geno Smith during the 2012 game. Seeing the slow-mo, all you see is the Carter's head whip backwards in a very uncomfortable way once Buie applied his hit.

FFwd to about the 2:03 mark, watch the play and the slow-mo replay angles.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT