ADVERTISEMENT

Berkshire Hathaway company to produce titanium aerospace products in Jackson County

moe

All-American
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Fayetteville, WV
Great news for WV and my home county but one of the most interesting things is how it happened.

Berkshire Hathaway company to produce titanium aerospace products in Jackson County

The series of events leading to this moment began, Carmichael said, with a letter sent by Senator Glenn Jeffries, D-Putnam, to Warren Buffett. That led to multiple visits by Berkshire Hathaway to identify an appropriate site, Carmichael said.

“It is only through the efforts of Senator Jeffries that we’re at this point,” Carmichael said.

Jeffries was among the speakers at today’s announcement. He remembered thinking “We’ve got so much potential here that we need to be reaching out to investors all across the country.”

That thought led to his letter, Jeffries said, recalling that it went out to nine billionaires in the United States. “I didn’t think any of them would read the letter; I thought it would go straight into the trash can,” he said. But at 1:50 on a Thursday, he got a series of calls on his phone from numbers identified with Berkshire Hathaway. “And I fell straight to my knees.”

Played GH lately?
WOW.... Such decline. Traps are grown over. Greens are as bad any.

Maybe theyll buy it too.
We can only hope.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT