ADVERTISEMENT

Believe it or not it doesn’t take

EERs 3:16

Heisman Winner
Oct 17, 2001
1,000,000 posts by some of you before the rest of us get the fact that you don’t like DH. In fact, we probably understood that fact by anti-DH post # 1 and continuing to post 999,999 posts is not only pretty f’ing pathetic, but, it has gotten pretty old. So go ahead and post anothe 1,000,000 negative posts about DH-and behonest the main reason why you don’t like him is because he’s not ‘one of us’ and another 1,000,000 posts about how the Big XII sucks and we’ll never be competitive in it-because it sucks to be in a place that that actually wanted WVU, puts value on WVU, and the paycheck is fairly nice-.

So while things aren’t all rainbows and unicorns-there is a lot of room for improvement-and things aren’t as bad as they seem-, do us all a favor, kick back, have some fun, enjoy watching these kids play a game we all wish we could play again or at that level, and grouse about DH after the season is over!

Oh and quit ruining this board for me!

And P.S. if you’re callling for DH’s head because he’s offering up mediocre seasons, then you should be calling for Huggs’ head too...because the hoops team isn’t exactly stellar either. Oh snap, that’s right...Huggs is ‘one of us’ and gets a pass.

Huggs is mediocre? Holy shit kid just put down whatever you’re drinking.

I got an idea. Why don’t you look up how many sweet 16s, elite eight’s and final fours WVU has been in. Ever. Then look at how many Huggs brought us to.

I can almost get your complaint about Dana. But you ruined your own argument by comparing him to Huggs.

I feel an argument can be made that Huggs is the single best coach we’ve had ever in any sport. At least in the 37 years that I have followed the program

That being said, I feel Dana has given us what he has. That’s it. Either you’re happy with it or you are not. The leopard does not change it’s spots at this point.

1,000,000 posts by some of you before the rest of us get the fact that you don’t like DH. In fact, we probably understood that fact by anti-DH post # 1 and continuing to post 999,999 posts is not only pretty f’ing pathetic, but, it has gotten pretty old. So go ahead and post anothe 1,000,000 negative posts about DH-and behonest the main reason why you don’t like him is because he’s not ‘one of us’ and another 1,000,000 posts about how the Big XII sucks and we’ll never be competitive in it-because it sucks to be in a place that that actually wanted WVU, puts value on WVU, and the paycheck is fairly nice-.

So while things aren’t all rainbows and unicorns-there is a lot of room for improvement-and things aren’t as bad as they seem-, do us all a favor, kick back, have some fun, enjoy watching these kids play a game we all wish we could play again or at that level, and grouse about DH after the season is over!

And P.S. if you’re callling for DH’s head because he’s offering up mediocre seasons, then you should be calling for Huggs’ head too...because the hoops team isn’t exactly stellar either. Oh snap, that’s right...Huggs is ‘one of us’ and gets a pass.

I thought I was in the minority on the board of those that get tired of all the nergativism, but maybe not.

Reactions: JediMastEER
These folks suck at fishing too, change their lures every two minutes, he lost me at calling Huggins Mediocre, lost all cred there.

Reactions: LHANDSDC
though i think a little too broadly stroked about Huggs.....there was a time not all that long ago that several people on this board were calling for the old man to step down because the game had passed him by.......OP does have a point about this fanbase.....

It doesn't take a 1,000,000 excuses to know that you love Dana either.

4 wins
7 wins
8 wins
10 wins

“Hasn’t shown signs of improvement”
We also lost a lot on the D side to graduation/Pro, so I'm okay w/ 7-8 wins this year. As a matter of fact, I predicted 7 on the soundoff board. Said I'd be happy w/ 8 and blown away w/9.
NEXT year... well, if we don't win 9... Dana's shine may get a little dull to me.

4 wins
7 wins
8 wins
10 wins

“Hasn’t shown signs of improvement”

You seem to be missing this season...

10 wins
7 wins

No improvement there.

You also forgot his first three years
10 wins
7 wins
4 wins

No improvement there either.

It's really not hard to improve when you win four games is it?

The 'ol "he's not one of us" is a weak minded fools last argument in a debate they lost long time ago.

Lot of time the individuals using that excuse as why Holgrosen needs liquidated are clueless to Mountaineer sports history. Don Nehlen who built the foundation that propelled the football program into the national spotlight and recognition, is not "one of us" based on the anti-Holgrosen people's definition. Don "Draw Play" Nehlen is a native son of Ohio.

Dana Holgrosen has improved as a Head Coach and has a lot of room to continue growing. He knows how to get the most out of available players, he has improved WVUs depth and improved recruiting. Student-athletes are graduating and some are making it to the NFL. Ticket sales are solid. The football program is clean and avoids any NCAA violations.

Holgrosen has had some miscues and at times is deserving of some criticism. But this group of anti-Holgrosen malcontents have a agenda that's not conducive to a successful athletic program.

You seem to be missing this season...

10 wins
7 wins

No improvement there.

You also forgot his first three years
10 wins
7 wins
4 wins

No improvement there either.

It's really not hard to improve when you win four games is it?

Pretty hard to improve off a ten win season isn’t it?

Difference between Huggs and Dana? Huggs shows improvement, Dana has not, did not and won't.

The difference between Bob and Dana is Bob has been there done that, Dana will never taste that success, he just doesn't have the skillset. I actually think Dana is a good coach, perhaps even a very good one, the problem I have with him is his style, skillset, format - whatever - is not a good fit for WVU and I do not think for the Big-12. Which is odd since he is a product of it. His style is ACC and he would do great at most of their schools.

Bob on the hand could go anywhere and become a legend, he chose WVU. We are honored to have him.

Number of BIg East Championships? Number of Big XII Champtionships? Number of National Championships at WVU? You know the same standards DH is being held to.

Dana is held to the same standard as every coach - universal fan support. When a coach does not ever hold the majority of them or worse sees them erode each year, he is failing the standard. Don failed it at the end. Rich never failed it but he tossed it in the trash can as though it meant nothing - may he burn in hell (just so you understand how I feel about him), Bill was the nicest guy but he was a relic of a coach that was way out of his depth. Mixed feelings on him but he was not the coach for WVU. Dana, has been a round peg in a square hole since he took the job and he has done nothing to ingratiate himself with the fans, not even by winning consistently.

Let me put this in perspective. WVU football will never win a national championship regardless of the coach.

Let me put this in perspective. WVU football will never win a national championship regardless of the coach.

Who cares about a stinking National Championship? WV would have to pawn the entire state in order to make it happen. What have you got after you win the NC? Not a stinking thing. WV fans need to get over this thought. I have. The amount of money that HC's and high level 'shiny shoes' administrators make................... makes me sick! Warez

If you have to continually be on this board making the case for Dana, that ought to tell you something

Time to let football go for a while. Doesn’t it last long enough for you?

Reactions: TejasFan
If you have to continually be on this board making the case for Dana, that ought to tell you something

Time to let football go for a while. Doesn’t it last long enough for you?
Shouldn’t you be writing an 8,000 word essay on how dual threat quarterbacks will lead us to the glory land

And there’s the weirdest post I’ve ever seen here. Wtf,lol,smh. This board is unusable.

So you have no memory of how you spamed this board on an hourly basis with one post after another..on how a dual threat qb would take us to the promise land

Reactions: Phil
Biggest problem with Dana is that he has never put much emphasis on defense. That was the first thing he said when we got into the Big12, nobody plays it. Well that will get you absolutely nothing if you believe that.

It’s funny how people think he is not liked because he is not from West Virginia. It is much deeper than that.

You are the one that keeps saying we are improving....so seven wins isn't an improvement over 10?

I never was very good at math.

You lack awareness to context.... or maybe you don’t and you just know your argument sucks

We knew coming into this season that our defense was young and going to struggle.

We knew our OLine was the same

We knew that our passing game was going to carry this team as far as it could, but what couldn’t have been known is that Grier would get injured and cost us at least one other victory

We knew this was an 8-9 Win team going into the year..... and we STILL have a chance to be that

Had we beaten Texas, going into the bowl game with a chance of 9 wins, that would be a great indicator of progress for Dana as a coach as this team was not that good

Reactions: ChattanoogaEER
I think you have a lack of understanding what the word 'improvement' means

You just made a litany of excuses of how we went backwards this year.

That isn't improvement. But that doesn't fit your agenda.

West Virginia has a long way to go in this conference to be a 10 win team every year.
The Big XII with Oklahoma and Texas broke Nebraska. This was a team used to winning 10 games every year and finishing in the Top 5.
Not to mention the end of the Big 8 for Nebraska included winning NC.

For West Virginia to become a 10 win team every year recruiting must improve to a level in which West Virginia never has seen before. This would
be Top 15 classes every year. With the lack of in state talent this will take time for West Virginia.

Dana Holgersen is trying and is improving. The 2018 season along with the 2019 recruiting class will say a lot. I think you should hold your opinion to him until the end of next year.

West Virginia has shown without the Big East to be still a power in the region. Some WVU fans did not think West Virginia could survive without playing their rivals. I think luckily for West Virginia they have lost their rivals all at different times instead of all at one time.

Last edited:
West Virginia has a long way to go in this conference to be a 10 win team every year.
The Big XII with Oklahoma and Texas broke Nebraska. This was a team used to winning 10 games every year and finishing in the Top 5.
Not to mention the end of the Big 8 for Nebraska included winning NC.

For West Virginia to become a 10 win team every year recruiting must improve to a level in which West Virginia never has seen before. This would
be Top 15 classes every year. With the lack of in state talent this will take time for West Virginia.

Dana Holgersen is trying and is improving. The 2018 season along with the 2019 recruiting class will say a lot. I think you should hold your opinion to him until the end of next year.

Fickle fans and a incompetent Athletic Director "broke" Nebraska. Only thing Texas did was force out Nebraska, Colorado, Texas A&M and Missouri. Texas unwillingness to think in terms of the collective in regards to the betterment of The Big XII conference is the problem. A great example would be having a conference network but Texas would never give up The Longhorn Network for the good of the Big XII. But it doesn't really matter at this point after 2025 and the media contract ends.

Fickle fans and a incompetent Athletic Director "broke" Nebraska. Only thing Texas did was force out Nebraska, Colorado, Texas A&M and Missouri. Texas unwillingness to think in terms of the collective in regards to the betterment of The Big XII conference is the problem. A great example would be having a conference network but Texas would never give up The Longhorn Network for the good of the Big XII. But it doesn't really matter at this point after 2025 and the media contract ends.

That is not the Big XII narrative.

The Big XII narrative is that Nebraska refused to adapt to the new conference and by 2000 Texas and Oklahoma established control of the conference that centered around the Red River Rivarly.
Nebraska attempted to change to the Big XII with Bill Callahan but he could not turn it around quick enough for them. Then came Bo Pelini who had Nebraska at the point of contention and then 2009 happened a game that Nebraska played their asses off and still could not beat Texas. So they created this narrative that does not make sense because if Texas was greedy and wanted to keep their own money why did Nebraska approve of everything they claim Texas did to them in the beginning.
Nebraska thought they would win and did not understand that SWC and Texas football was better than them even when they were winning NC.
If you doubt this check out UT's record vs OU and then OU's record vs Nebraska from 1959-1995.
Reason why 59 was because that was when Nebraska started to get good again.

The real issue here is Nebraska's academic standards were destroyed because they started to undercut their academic programs for their athletic programs and this almost caused Nebraska issues with the NCAA.
In Nebraska no one would ever question the AD who is more powerful than the governor, senators or any elected official in Nebraska. A great football coach is more powerful than anyone. Nebraska is even worse about using football to protect their inferiority than Alabama.

Nebraska's Academic prestige was taken away because of this and they needed to join the B1G for this reason. They needed it bad enough that they agreed to receive a half share for the first four seasons in the conference.

Last edited:
I think you have a lack of understanding what the word 'improvement' means

You just made a litany of excuses of how we went backwards this year.

That isn't improvement. But that doesn't fit your agenda.

Do you always live life this context free? Never understanding why and how things happen as they do?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT