ADVERTISEMENT

Baylor death penalty?

Baylor will be hit hard because of past violations.
The Bliss situation will be a part of the lack of institutional control at Baylor but it is not close enough for the Death Penalty to be used.

DP is only used if a program continues to cheat or not police itself during probation

So they have to mess up again

Just read NCAA discovered "lack of institutional control" at Baylor... and death penalty is possible.
-Winter Tim

The ‘death penalty’ in college sports just doesn’t exist anymore.

PSU officials declared they got ‘worse than the death penalty’ in football and it was everything we could do to pass them in the rankings this week.

It’s all such just a joke. ....maybe vacate some wins and miss a few bowl games. Wins as in the case with PSU that the coaches, players, admins, and fans quit enjoying long ago and really have zero impact with the exception of a possible ‘ * ‘ in future stat books.

TCU is a fanbase that has its head blown up because the Big XII gave them the chance to be good again

Truth is they can cry and scream for the death penalty but no one hears them or cares.
Truth is Baylor and TCU are welfare schools who live off of Big XII handouts.

People remember Briles and his tricks, but Dave Bliss covering up a murder by one of his players was much worse. He should have done some prison time for that one.

The PSU and Baylor situation are similar but not the same. I not sure which institution is more evil. PSU involved child sex abuse involving a coach and a massive cover-up. The Baylor embarrassment involves student-athletes and a HC who enabled the behavior.

PSU got off far too easy (in my opinion) as well as Miami. The NCAA compliance and infractions committee is/are a complete farce.

If Baylor gets slammed with the "death penalty". The next question is, does the Big XII conference remove Baylor from the conference? Doubtful but it would get a point across that "lack of institutional control" is not tolerated in The Big XII.

But with the kind of money involved in college athletics the status quo will be maintained

The PSU and Baylor situation are similar but not the same. I not sure which institution is more evil. PSU involved child sex abuse involving a coach and a massive cover-up. The Baylor embarrassment involves student-athletes and a HC who enabled the behavior.

PSU got off far too easy (in my opinion) as well as Miami. The NCAA compliance and infractions committee is/are a complete farce.

If Baylor gets slammed with the "death penalty". The next question is, does the Big XII conference remove Baylor from the conference? Doubtful but it would get a point across that "lack of institutional control" is not tolerated in The Big XII.

But with the kind of money involved in college athletics the status quo will be maintained

Baylor will not get the death penalty.
They are not eligible for the DP.

Like what was previously written Baylor has to prove once again while on probation that they don't care about the NCAA

Baylor so far has been up front with the NCAA. They might be hit with an one year bowl ban and have scholarships stripped.

Three to five year probation period and then if Baylor screws up during this time the NCAA can drop the hammer.

UNC had sham courses and sham degrees... and they seemed to get off.
Didn't the NCAA even say something like corrupt institutional academics isn't part of their enforcement powers?
-Winter Tim

Is wasn't a NCAA matter because the courses were supposedly offered to all students
UNC threw their academics under the bus for their basketball.
The day of the hearing The Wall Street Journal released their annual finding of the Top Public Universities that included UNC.
Sounds suspect.

The Shanghai ARWU released their rankings and dropped UNC.

UNC should have taken a slap on the wrist but they didn't
They are truthfully frauds. No different than Alabama

Baylor will be hit hard because of past violations.
The Bliss situation will be a part of the lack of institutional control at Baylor but it is not close enough for the Death Penalty to be used.

DP is only used if a program continues to cheat or not police itself during probation

So they have to mess up again
I think they are also a good program to scapegoat while they let bigger brands like UNC off the hook. Not that I agree with the approach, but this is a chance to hit a power 5 program hard to make a statement and look good, but without damaging a national brand.

I think they are also a good program to scapegoat while they let bigger brands like UNC off the hook. Not that I agree with the approach, but this is a chance to hit a power 5 program hard to make a statement and look good, but without damaging a national brand.

Plain and simple
The NCAA doesn't give a F about football.
They don't make any money because OU and UGA sued in the early 1980's

Well over 90% of the NCAA money comes from the NCAA Men's basketball tournament.

Basketball schools for the most part can skate.
Except Michigan. Michigan used to run the NCAA but when the football money left schools went after Michigan.
Reason why Michigan was in hot water from 86-96? I believe.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT