ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING UPDATE Basketball recruiting update

Vernon

The Legend
Staff
May 29, 2001
Beyond The Sun
wvsports.com
Like so many things with WVU sports, the basketball situation has been a roller coaster recently. One minute the news doesn't look great with guys going in the portal but other times it starts trending in a positive direction. Last night and this morning I've been getting more positive news.

As you know, Jeremiah Bembry will be visiting this weekend. Bembry was injured and missed last season but they expect him to be healthy and ready to go this year.

Dandridge is a wide-body that would be a nice addition to WVU's roster. You should see him in Morgantown for a visit very soon.

One thing that I mentioned yesterday is that Jose Perez was key to getting Omar to transfer to WVU and he's also connected to other targets the staff is looking at. He is NOT the reason Bembry is looking at WVU, despite the fact that Bembry is from Brooklyn. As for Jose, there is a real chance that he'll return. We all know that he likes attention and he wants more money and he wasn't able to get that when he first asked. I could see that changing and the staff pulling him back in but it will take that additional money.

Additionally, several schools had their first summer session end this week and that means more grad transfer into the portal. We should start to see some new names as early as today or tomorrow. WVU is one of many schools that has their eye on guys that are rumored to be entering the portal in the coming days. That's when the real fun may start.

Upcoming visitors

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News