ADVERTISEMENT

Based on Frank Beamer's 6th season at VT

oceantide83

All-American
Jan 6, 2005
.....would you have called for his firing?

97c7q7.jpg

Hokies we’re definitely loyal but I’d bet they were competitive in that 2-8-1 season. Also completely different landscape when it comes to college football.

.....would you have called for his firing?

97c7q7.jpg

I get so sick of this comparison. What was VT before Beamer? There is a difference between expectations of a program that never was like VT before Beamer or a program that has spent an entire generation in obscurity and a program like WVU. You know as well as I do that any coach at VT post Beamer would have been fired after that 6th season and rightly so.

Last edited:
I get so sick of this comparison. What was VT before Beamer? There is a difference between expectations of a program that never was like VT before Beamer or a program that has spent an entire generation in obscurity and a program like WVU. You know as well as I do that any coach at VT post Beamer would have been fired after that 6th season and rightly so.
WVU was never anything either. The overwhelming majority of WVU's wins as a program have come against cupcakes.

• Angry
Reactions: RAK
WVU was never anything either. The overwhelming majority of WVU's wins as a program have come against cupcakes.

Compared to what VT was before Beamer, WVU was a great program. Even with what Beamer has done, VT is not nor ever was a better program than WVU. I don't want to hear any more "disloyal fan" sh*t from the pro Neal Brown crowd if you believe WVU as a program is on par with VT pre 1993.

Reactions: ThePunish-EER
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT