ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball: Through two games...

coalcountry52

Heisman Winner
Oct 26, 2004
The Revolution
WVU has scored three runs in both games and has outscored Jacksonville 6-4. Outside of our late blown lead today, defense has been our strongest asset once again. I don't have a good feeling about tomorrow, but overall we are not far from being good.

My number one complaint is my number one worry I had this offseason - inept offense. We had guys in scoring position multiple times, but we didn't score those guys nearly enough. We swing our ways out of so many opportunities because we have no eye for the ball. I can't buy that our guys are utilizing BP or cages enough to be this bad at the plate. Credit to Jacksonville's pitching. They should be a top 100 RPI team once again.

Anyone looking towards May, it is still much too early. We're obviously young and it is going to take time. If I were to tell you when to look for us to be in the tourney again, I'd say right now that it is 2021. This weekend won't make us or deny us the tourney, but multiple poor weekends will. Hope for the best in tomorrow's rubber match!

As I said earlier in the game thread, I'll be a little apathetic and not invest the same emotion as I did last year. Basketball has already frustrated me enough seeing as how that staff didn't learn anything from last year. Will I not react in the way that entertains some of you a-holes so much? Probably in a game I get to watch end-to-end. I am going to have very little time to see games until April/May so apologies ahead of time if I miss a game preview or a game thread.

LGM!

Reactions: Airport
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News