ADVERTISEMENT

At this rate

I warned on here twice next year will be very rough and certain know it alls scoffed at it. Shaping up worse than I feared when I made those comments. Need to be patient and not be judgemental based on wins and losses next year.

Reactions: Steak Sub
Still time I guess but it would be nice if the portal wasn't solely outgoing. Coaching staff is looking solid.

I warned on here twice next year will be very rough and certain know it alls scoffed at it. Shaping up worse than I feared when I made those comments. Need to be patient and not be judgemental based on wins and losses next year.
I still scoff at it and they will win more than a measley 9 games. They will also win a game on the road. They will be near .500 or better.

Last year was a bad roster for the Big 12 competition. Not saying the players were "bad", just they weren't built to win in the Big 12. A new roster is needed.

Last year was a bad roster for the Big 12 competition. Not saying the players were "bad", just they weren't built to win in the Big 12. A new roster is needed.
Fully agree except I would have like to seen Harris and Johnson stay, the others I'm good with seeing them go. I see good value in them as two way players with experience. I will be my usual supportive self through thick and thin. I like the hire and the staff he is building. But I'm a firm believer you can't have a top tier program with a large majority of transfers or "one and dones" in today's college game. You need a mix and it will take more than this one year to be in the top half of the conference.

Fully agree except I would have like to seen Harris and Johnson stay, the others I'm good with seeing them go. I see good value in them as two way players with experience. I will be my usual supportive self through thick and thin. I like the hire and the staff he is building. But I'm a firm believer you can't have a top tier program with a large majority of transfers or "one and dones" in today's college game. You need a mix and it will take more than this one year to be in the top half of the conference.
I thought Harris could have been a nice Big 12 player. He didn't mind rebounding. I hated seeing him leave.

So. Is coach telling players on the current roster (whats left of it) that they have no future here or they just winging it on their own? Family advice? Tarot cards? Stupid?

I agree you need a base of players for building and mixing in transfer players.

Recruiting of freshman players out of high school and and getting them to stay 2 years is difficult and 4 is now impossible to do.

The portal in badketball is a huge necessity and is easier to do and build from it than it is with football.

Every year you see a team go from bottom to top with getting majority players from portal.

So. Is coach telling players on the current roster (whats left of it) that they have no future here or they just winging it on their own? Family advice? Tarot cards? Stupid?
What do you see on every team that loses a coach and you'll have your answer.

WVU 9-23 with ZERO wins outside Morgantown. I'm sure he is telling them yes you can stay. But I would bet he's not begging them to stay or locking the door.

The other factor is sharks in the water smell blood and will come after bodies. No need to over pay a player who will not help you. Plus you have former coaches in the ears of said players.

Talking with a friend yesterday and we both began to question whether Bob was helping these children to move on since he did not get the job? It would be sad if he was. Or if it was any of the assistants or Eilert? You would hope that would not be the case, but it is possible.

I like the fresh start and hope these new assistants have some good connections to some good kids. We are going to need them as we build a brand new team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT