ADVERTISEMENT

Assuming this roster and line-up, what are your expectations?

WVPATX

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 27, 2005
Assuming we get one more player (RJ) from the portal. And assuming that Kobe and Suemnick move on. We would have the following line-up (with the possible addition of one more):

PG - Kriisa, Toussaint
SG - Battle, Silverio, Perez, Wilson
SF - Perez, Harris, RJ, Battle
PF - Mitchell, RJ, Harris
C - Edwards, Wague, Oknokwo

Kriisa is a 37% 3 point shooter and a good assist PG. Battle is a 35% 3 point shooter. Silverio is a 36% 3 point shooter. Sunahara is a 40% 3 point shooter (albeit at a much lower level). Perez is not a big 3 point threat but is a slasher/scorer and a good assist man. And Edwards is a highly efficient inside scorer, rebounder and shot blocker. And one more year of development for Toussaint, Wilson, Harris, Wague and Okonkwo. I am particularly interested to see how Harris, Wague and Okonkwo improve (I think they all have very nice upside).

Offensively, this team looks formidable. Outside scoring, inside scoring, and good assist stats. Defense will be a question mark especially with the type of half court defense Huggs likes to run. And, of course, getting the team to gel is likely the biggest coaching challenge.

On paper, particularly if the untested Sunahara is effective, this may be the most talented team since our Final Four team. Strong 3 point shooting at 4 positions. A double, double machine in Edwards. Very good rim protectors. Strong PG play, with a PG that can both shoot it and distribute the ball (although he must play under more control). Very good depth. And I think a team capable of rebounding it very well.

I really think this level of talent should be a strong contender for a Big 12 crown and be in the conversation for a natty. A top 10 team. How well we play defense will likely dictate how far we go. Is it basketball season yet?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News