ADVERTISEMENT

Arguably the worst head coach in the nation right now...glad we don't play Pitt

WVU wouldn't have any problem with Pitt. It is the top 20 teams he struggles against.

WVU wouldn't have any problem with Pitt. It is the top 20 teams he struggles against.

OSU is not a top 20 team, it will likely finish in the bottom half of the Big-12. I have had high hopes when there was little reason to have any hope, but this staff is not a fit for WVU. The players have suspect conditioning, they get pushed around on the field - that falls back on strength training. They look tired, regardless of the line. Howard is a good QB, but I do not believe he is a P5 QB. Put him at a CUSA, AAC, or MAC school and he blows the doors off the competition, but against P5 teams there is just not enough of him. Crest, not even sure he is a QB, but there is not a lot to go on with him.

Dana, is not the coach for WVU. He lacks a lot of the basic things we need. His teams have no zest, even when they win. He has no zest - any time. He is certainly not a Mountaineer in the blood. We have no chemistry as a team even when we have talent on the field. We look like we are phoning it at times and we don't really care at others. Perhaps it is different in person but watching them on broadcast, they team is always flat, offense and defense.

WVU is in a holding pattern waiting for the right guy to come along. It is like Dana never got out of the Head Coach in Waiting mode.

Reactions: wvumountee21
OSU is not a top 20 team, it will likely finish in the bottom half of the Big-12. I have had high hopes when there was little reason to have any hope, but this staff is not a fit for WVU. The players have suspect conditioning, they get pushed around on the field - that falls back on strength training. They look tired, regardless of the line. Howard is a good QB, but I do not believe he is a P5 QB. Put him at a CUSA, AAC, or MAC school and he blows the doors off the competition, but against P5 teams there is just not enough of him. Crest, not even sure he is a QB, but there is not a lot to go on with him.

Dana, is not the coach for WVU. He lacks a lot of the basic things we need. His teams have no zest, even when they win. He has no zest - any time. He is certainly not a Mountaineer in the blood. We have no chemistry as a team even when we have talent on the field. We look like we are phoning it at times and we don't really care at others. Perhaps it is different in person but watching them on broadcast, they team is always flat, offense and defense.

WVU is in a holding pattern waiting for the right guy to come along. It is like Dana never got out of the Head Coach in Waiting mode.

Dumb thread and silly posting.

These Big 12 teams are so overrated it is unconscionable. Texas is losing by 40 to everyone and beats Oklahoma etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

You would be surprised how much just having a capible QB would do for this team
A lot of this is the lack of a QB, but he didn't call the plays in the OT and he didn't commit all the penalties in the first half either. This team was out of control in the first half of this game.

Careful about how you throw down on Holgs. WV can fire the man and bring in an entire new staff. The new staff would produce the same results. There just ain't enough wins to go around! Every game played results in both a win and a loss. Yes, Texas beat Oklahoma yesterday. That's the way the world goes round. Sometimes you up, sometimes you down. A half an inch of water.......................think you gonna drown..

Careful about how you throw down on Holgs. WV can fire the man and bring in an entire new staff. The new staff would produce the same results. There just ain't enough wins to go around! Every game played results in both a win and a loss. Yes, Texas beat Oklahoma yesterday. That's the way the world goes round. Sometimes you up, sometimes you down. A half an inch of water.......................think you gonna drown..
Any fan of Prine is a friend of mine.

Good lord! I can't tell you how stupid comments like this make you look!

I suppose that they make me look stupid to someone like you and I am fine with that. If you had any comprehension or intellect you would interpret what I said with the depth in which it was posted. I do not mean that our coach has to be born in West Virginia, graduated or played at WVU or even had even visited the state before he took the job. What I do expect is that he becomes a West Virginia, he becomes a mountaineer, he becomes one of us. Dana has never done that, never tried too and I think he neither understand the importance of that nor the necessity West Virginians find in that transformation.

I am not a Rich Rod fan, never was. But, he understood what it was to be a Mountaineer. For Dana, this is just a job until he gets the next one, regardless if his next one is better or worse. That is not something I want in our coach. When a coach has that mind set, so do the players. Watch these players and compare to those when Rich was here. They aren't from the same world. When we get back to that, we will win. Until we do, the post-RR days are going to be the norm.

You would think a quality coach could find a way to win one game against the top 4 teams in the Big 12 in his 5th year of being the head coach. If he cant' what is the point? We will have to beat Texas Tech and Kansas State to consider ourselves a mediocre Big 12 team.

Seem to me if you beat TT and KSU then you are a pretty good football team. Some of our fans will never adjust to being in a power conference loaded with good teams and will always be crying about every loss and the ineptness of the head coach. The days of dominating weak competition is over and good riddance.

Seem to me if you beat TT and KSU then you are a pretty good football team. Some of our fans will never adjust to being in a power conference loaded with good teams and will always be crying about every loss and the ineptness of the head coach. The days of dominating weak competition is over and good riddance.
Once the novelty of being in a conference wears off, you do not fill your stadium hoping to beat the middle of the pack teams for a chance to be mediocre. By the way, we have not won those games yet and there is a chance our season ends with conference wins against Kansas and Iowa State. This program should expect more from a coach in his 5th season. If you don't, that is fine but don't condemn those who do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT