ADVERTISEMENT

Are we Western Virginia University now??? FOX thinks so.

NCBuck

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
Kansas City, MO
Watching the Chiefs Eagles game and Rasul Douglas is playing. He just made a play and announcers zeroed in on him talking about his 8 int. interceptions last year leading the NCAA. Some idiot at FOX put up a little banner identifying him as playing with Western Virginia University at bottom of screen as they were talking about him. Fortunately, the announcer did id him as playing for WEST Virginia University. Amazing the ignorance of a person who is working for a sports channel. Who hires these clowns anyways for FOX! :)

Reactions: dbolt4wvu
Watching the Chiefs Eagles game and Rasul Douglas is playing. He just made a play and announcers zeroed in on him talking about his 8 int. interceptions last year leading the NCAA. Some idiot at FOX put up a little banner identifying him as playing with Western Virginia University at bottom of screen as they were talking about him. Fortunately, the announcer did id him as playing for WEST Virginia University. Amazing the ignorance of a person who is working for a sports channel. Who hires these clowns anyways for FOX! :)
More fake news from Fox.

ESPN confused South Carolina with Southern Cal during an in game broadcast yesterday. I am thinking they pay these guys mid 6 figure$ for 3 months work to talk about a game and they still get to drink during the game. I know many people who do that weekly and actually have to pay for their drinks.

It's why I hit the mute button a lot of the time.

ESPN confused South Carolina with Southern Cal during an in game broadcast yesterday. I am thinking they pay these guys mid 6 figure$ for 3 months work to talk about a game and they still get to drink during the game. I know many people who do that weekly and actually have to pay for their drinks.

It's why I hit the mute button a lot of the time.

The mute button during WVU broadcasts is essential, just like the ignore button on this message board. Both save a lot of aggravation.

Reactions: NCBuck
Maybe the massive layoffs at ESPN have something to do with it. They may have replaced higher salaries with minimum wage people whose second language is English.

M angy special teams + absence of Simms = loss to Virginia Tech, 31-24

O bliterated East Carolina, 56-20

U nhinged Delaware State, 59-16

N apalm Kansas

T errorize TCU

A nnihilate Texas Tech

I ncinerate Baylor

N ullify Oklahoma State

E masculate Iowa State

E rectile dysfunction Kansas State

R eam Texas

S hock Oklahoma

No not what I'm talking about.

I don't know the guys name. It was the guy who works with the former qb at Bama that got a 3rd string job with the jets for a year. They were doing an espn game. He said S Carolina got a big game vs Texas tonight. You could tell he knew he messed up immediately. I notice they never correct themselves.

I think they're just trolling at this point. No one could be that geographically stupid and hold down a job that actually requires them to deal with the names of pretty much all 50 states on a weekly basis.

I think they're just trolling at this point. No one could be that geographically stupid and hold down a job that actually requires them to deal with the names of pretty much all 50 states on a weekly basis.
Ohh, you'd be very surprised. I deal with the sports media quite a bit and they really are that dumb. Matter of fact, so are most Americans when it comes to geography.

I know what you mean. I have a friend in Ohio that just can't understand why it bugs the h*** out of me when we're referred to as "Western Virginia". I tried to make him understand with this analogy: "It's like Ohio being called south eastern Michigan." "Yeah but..." he says "Ohio and Michigan are different states!" I said he was my friend, not my smart friend. lol

Reactions: NCBuck
Still never heard anyone call them Northern Carolina or Southern Dakota, either. West Virginia seems to be the unfortunate whipping boy on this one. Your friend is hardly alone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT