ADVERTISEMENT

Are Sharpton,Obama and Jackson "science deniers" and does ....

The environmentalists are

science deniers since science has proven that fracking is safe. Add Cuomo of NY and Brown of CA to the list of deniers.

Re: The environmentalists are

As far as I can tell, the radical evironmentalists, Cuomo and Brown have or want to have ALL fracking banned. So it is very accurate to call them deniers.

"So it is very accurate to call them deniers." Yes, and "morons" as well**

wvu

This post was edited on 2/26 12:13 PM by bornaneer

I guess you didn't look at the links I provided or maybe you just like using that word. Any governor should look closely at this issue. How can they be deniers if there is evidence that fracking (drilling) or the disposal of fracking fluids could have negative effects on some citizens (or agriculture) of their states? The California example sounds like they were pumping frack liquids right into an aquifer(s) which seems preventable, usually they're targeting much deeper formations. Statewide bans seem extreme to me. We didn't ban coal mining when a few folks lost their well water. The mining companies are responsible to replace those drinking water supplies. There are always pros and cons.
This post was edited on 2/26 12:24 PM by moe

The science on this is clear. Fracking is safe. Obviously any drilling site must apply for permits and be approved. What NY and CA have done is simply ban ALL fracking. That is anti science. Cuomo and Brown are not judging each drilling site individually to ensure no contamination. They have simply banned the practice.

This is the very definition of a denier.

I don't have all day to research this crap but assuming that fracking is indeed banned in California now it's probably due to problems that they've had there in the past (see link and other CA link I provided). The following seems to be from 2012 but it's not like there hasn't been fracking in the state prior to now.

Unconventional oil development, including fracking, takes place in a wide range of locations, from densely populated urban areas in Los Angeles, to state waters off the coast of Santa Barbara, to rural communities in San Benito. To date, the vast majority of oil operations have been concentrated in Kern County in the San Joaquin Valley, which produced 72% of of California's oil in 2012.1 However, as oil companies begin to explore long-abandoned wells, fracking is moving back to many communities that have been free from oil drilling for decades.

http://www.cafrackfacts.org/fracking-in-california/where-is-fracking-occurring/

lol. keep me posted

Methane in the water huh? You realize that study was debunked. Keep trying numbnuts.

Re: lol. keep me posted

So? Do you think that the property owner feels better when the drilling company tells him that it was just a poor cement job or whatever was the reason that he has methane in his drinking water well? When I first heard of it happening, I knew where it was coming from assuming that is the only way that it's migrating. It's all part of the drilling process.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/09/15/4153640/duke-scientists-fracking-didnt.html

Originally posted by moe:
So? Do you think that the property owner feels better when the drilling company tells him that it was just a poor cement job or whatever was the reason that he has methane in his drinking water well? When I first heard of it happening, I knew where it was coming from assuming that is the only way that it's migrating. It's all part of the drilling process.
You are completely incapable of going against your party on anything aren't you?

I thought the thread was about the potential environmental impacts of fracking and I'm not against fracking. WVPATX says there are none. Maybe you could try reading the thread.

I thought the thread was about the potential environmental impacts of fracking and I'm not against fracking. WVPATX says there are none. Maybe you could try reading the thread.
You're splitting hairs. There is an environmental impact to anything that disturbs the natural setting of the environment. There are always some unwanted effects, the point he is making is that all of the claims that leftist whacko eco shitheads try to make about how it destroys the environment for a lifetime have been proven to be bullshit. If you weren't in a constant state of an Obama bukake shot, you would be able to see that.

Originally posted by WVPATX:
The science on this is clear. Fracking is safe. Obviously any drilling site must apply for permits and be approved. What NY and CA have done is simply ban ALL fracking. That is anti science. Cuomo and Brown are not judging each drilling site individually to ensure no contamination. They have simply banned the practice.

Nothing is really "safe". Especially when companies become lax in their processes and precautions. It leads to accidents, so it seems prudent to make sure we can determine what is truly "safe" i.e. what are the proper processes and precautions to take to make sure there are no accidents.

A total ban is stupid. A moratorium to make sure things are being done properly is smart.

Accidents will happen in any of these kinds of endeavors so to blanketly say that something is "safe" is a stretch.

Originally posted by WhiteTailEER:
Originally posted by WVPATX:

Nothing is really "safe". Especially when companies become lax in their processes and precautions. It leads to accidents, so it seems prudent to make sure we can determine what is truly "safe" i.e. what are the proper processes and precautions to take to make sure there are no accidents.

A total ban is stupid. A moratorium to make sure things are being done properly is smart.

Accidents will happen in any of these kinds of endeavors so to blanketly say that something is "safe" is a stretch.
this

I always heard "Don't argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

I always heard "Don't argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
Agreed. He should have stopped trying to reason with you a while ago in this thread.

Both those articles are bogus B.S. The state of CA approved those horizons for injecting water, most of whish is produced water.
The PA deal is also just overreachtion. Most of the acquirers in PA were charged naturaly.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Methane is a gas until it liquifies areound -150 degrees. If you want to get it out of water pour the water in a glass.

If a driller screwed up a well that bad they deserve to pay whatever it costs to fix the damage. It would be easy to identify the problem since they have to monitor all wells in a 5 mile radius.

Consider yourself educated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT