ADVERTISEMENT

Anything to do in Grantsville, MD ?

old buzzard

All-Conference
Gold Member
Dec 30, 2005
My mother is getting up there in years and she wants to go to Penn Alps for dinner this evening. I'm not crazy about driving 100 miles just to eat at a buffet but I realize that my time with Mom is running out so I'm taking her there. What else is there to do in that area besides Penn Alps ?

Reactions: eerphone
My mother is getting up there in years and she wants to go to Penn Alps for dinner this evening. I'm not crazy about driving 100 miles just to eat at a buffet but I realize that my time with Mom is running out so I'm taking her there. What else is there to do in that area besides Penn Alps ?
Basically nothing.....unless she is into kayaking.

If she likes that kinda thing, take her for a drive away from GV to the north into Amish country. My mom use to like that.

You're not far from Deep Creek Lake and WISP, if you want to check out some nice scenery and maybe take a chairlift ride to the top.

Last edited:
Basically nothing.....unless she is into kayaking.

As surprising as it may sound, kayaking is something she still wants to try. Not on a river but on some still water someplace. I may have to rent her a nice stable one down at Stonewall Jackson Lake and let her give it a whirl. As for Grantsville.......the restaurant is fine and the craft village next to it is nice, other than that, not much to do out there with a woman in her early 80's. We stayed on the back roads on the way back, she liked the scenery along the way.

As surprising as it may sound, kayaking is something she still wants to try. Not on a river but on some still water someplace. I may have to rent her a nice stable one down at Stonewall Jackson Lake and let her give it a whirl. As for Grantsville.......the restaurant is fine and the craft village next to it is nice, other than that, not much to do out there with a woman in her early 80's. We stayed on the back roads on the way back, she liked the scenery along the way.
Glad she had a good time.....I always like to travel into the mountains.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT